Spinning Parking Charges

Started by steveL, December 09, 2016, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Elpus

(Marjorie James). -----"Whilst I appreciate that there will be concerns from some of the businesses at Seaton Carew, I am confident that the introduction of Parking Charges levied at a fair/reasonable rate the current decision is £1 for 2 hours, will enable the Council to manage the Parking issues you and other residents experience and hopefully provide a level of Parking Personnel that prevents and deters those who park inconsiderately on the Front - causing danger and concern to all."

She appears to live in a different universe

fred c

First thing that struck me was, they 'Don't Manage' the current parking problems in Seetun Crew & up to now, haven't given a flying f**k about the danger & concerns.

The second point that struck me was, they haven't given any serious thought to possible detrimental effects on businesses, they have used this Masterplan bollox to justify the introduction of parking charges, nothing more, nothing less

I would like to know when will they do something that proves of benefit to residents with the money we already shovel into the civics coffers..... you know us that actually pay council tax.

The third point that struck me was, you could park in the old coach park, pay your £1, tootle off along Seetun prom come back 2 hours 10 minutes later & you find a £60 parking ticket on your windscreen, &&&&&&&&&&& as a regular visitor to Seetun..... you never go back.

This from  a councillor who thought the flags on the flag poles at the Domes would prove a danger to shipping.........Dohhh

crisstw

We currently, alternate between seaton & crimdon for taking the dogs for a walk. It will only be crimdon from now on.

Flump

When does this come into force from? I regularly use Newburn Bridge car park and walk with my disabled child as it one of the few places in Hartlepool we can visit with ease.

steveL

They haven't actually made 'the decision' yet but you can take it as read. It will probably come in April next year at the start of the new financial report - Marjorie James doesn't drive, by the way.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Land Phil

There is lots of resident unrest.
Hopefully it will be the straw that breaks the camel's back after all the s**t that has been dumped on Seaton Carew.

akarjl

Once again who makes decisions like this affecting a huge area of the town- without consulting with the people who live there?= The Kremlin.....as others have said I think this will be the straw that breaks the camels back- the m**r*n who's spouting off about managing parking, who doesn't actually drive, has missed the point that all that will happen is that the car parks will stand half empty and the roads around Seaton Church will be full of those looking for free parking.

Remind me again - what exactly do I pay my council tax bill for? Bins emptied once every two weeks, a hospital - closed and the stench of sewage and chemicals drifting along an allegedly "clean beach"  Perhaps the chemical drifting up from Sea Sands towards Seaton has affected the singe cell organism AKA HBC resulting in them generating lunacy like this.

Still it's  a classic deflection technique- the issue should be ADDED to the list of issues to be answered by HBC not used to replace them for example

What about the investigation into lying STE?
What about Crannibles outburst and lack of apology?
Why is this person in charge of millions of funding given his so called business "history"?
What about the cafe in the park?
What about why did the Trustees of MRA not do their job?
What about why did HBC give that scumbag raping MRA time to massage her accounts or hide stuff?
How do the Clowincillers actually support their lifestyles given most of them are un employable or "career Politicians" AKA unemployable?
Why won't the orangutang release the accounts of MRA?

This town is an investigative journalists dream come true. Odd none have taken up the challenge......yet ;)

kevplumb

hopefully this is only the first shot
http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/businesses-blast-council-decision-to-scrap-free-car-parking-at-seaton-carew-1-8293654

and without sounding like im having a pop
But councillors decided against introducing charges on the Headland saying it was not feasible.
why??
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Inspector Knacker

What next, beach 'access' tickets ?  'Rock pool Rover' passes ? World famous ( in Hartlepool) wild flower sniffing vouchers and we could redesignate the council chamber a donkey sanctuary. All nice little earners.
Just heard there's consideration for a sun tax as the brains trust have decreed it's in the sky above Hartlepool and therefore Hartlepools sun, the wind and rain tax will be gradually phased in at a later date.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

"The third point that struck me was, you could park in the old coach park, pay your £1, tootle off along Seetun prom come back 2 hours 10 minutes later & you find a £60 parking ticket on your windscreen, &&&&&&&&&&& as a regular visitor to Seetun..... you never go back."

Fred, if you pay for two hours and stay for 2hrs 10mins and get a £60 fine, then it is 'your' fault, not the councils !!

mk1

The 'master-plan' is obvious. Seaton is not a Labour Ward. They have written it off. Therefore they have instigated a policy of draining funds from Seaton and heaping as many charges they can on the area. The more they can get from Seaton the less they can charge their own wards. Plus they can then point out how badly non-Labour wards are doing compared to Labour Wards. It is a win-win situation for them.
Now you may think would they be so blatant or stupid and the answer is yes they would. They really believe they are the cleverest people in Hartlepool and no one will ever work out what they are  up to.

kevplumb

yup
they  thought that with jacksons landing as well
till they got sussed  ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

stokoe

MK1 spot on the money,but the worrying part of it is how many people from seaton read this site.to find out the real truth.

Inspector Knacker

They're the sort of people who if they got badly sunburnt would conclude the sun was bad and decide we didn't need the sun.
They just never see the bigger picture.
Parish pump pygmys.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

akarjl

So this has actually been approved? Is anything actually debated at the Kremlin?

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/new-parking-charges-aimed-at-boosting-town-centre-shopping-1-8292254

The extra funds we are told will be put towards Hartlepool "Bay Watch".....