Wright Calls for Unity Over Hospital

Started by marky, February 13, 2016, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marky

Hasn't the public been calling for him to get on the right side of the fence where the public where all stood for years? Wouldn't that have been unity when it could have done some good?

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/mp-calls-for-unity-over-hospital-1-7731072

Inspector Knacker

Is he for real ? He lost all credibility when he threw himself on the Wynyard Vision bandwagon years ago. Now realising that particular ship was never going to sail he turns up at the door of the electorate, invites himself in and pompously sits himself at the head of the table attempting to lead those he spent years pretending didn't exist ( the Hartlepool public)
You and the councillors weren't there when we needed you, we don't need you now,  so clear off.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Land Phil

I something shared today about plans to reduce the number of MPs by 50.
Maybe that's why he is squeaking so much at the moment.

steveL

Wright is safe on that one. There are plans to change the constituency boundaries that would mean Wright absorbing part of the collieries. Mind you, if it is going to happen then the collieries are equally pis*ed off about the hospital so maybe that's helping the mood change.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

They may be pis*ed off over the hospital, but they also overwhelmingly vote Labour. So the windscreen wiper of politics apears to be safe.  Voting without thinking by the electorate has got us where we are today.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

DRiddle

There was one bizarre part of the meeting which possibly slipped under the radar due to the talk about the hospital. It came when a member of the public made Mr Wright aware of Mr Cranney's comments about it being 'normal' for businesses not to make a profit for 5 years.

The member of the public was referring to the £450,000+ wasted on the 'café in the crem', in light of the impending council tax rise.

Mr Wright basically backed up Mr Cranney's sentiments and said that in the "real world" it was very common for a business not to make a profit in 5 years. He then said (and I quote).... "Look at Twitter".

Now, I'm no expert, I've never been Shadow Minister for Business, Innovation and Skills or anything like that. BUT I do know the difference between a small café in a North East cemetery and a global tech company with a stock market value of about £20 billion.

The latter can get away with huge losses for years because when it eventually comes, the long term profit will be billions.

The former... not so much.

fred c

Funny how Clowncillor Clark wouldn't allow the member of the public to respond to the "Members" point about the 5 year profit comment.

Another example of the Member &The Clowncil acting as one entity...... so much for them not being able to stand the sight of each other...... a bunch of self serving f******g hypocrites.

They spent most the meeting p***ing up each others backs...... talk about Golden Rain