Wright Loses Case

Started by craig finton, January 21, 2016, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Just another in the long list of Hartlepool Labour Party members who have been exposed in court as liars. The Jury listened to Wright give his evidence under oath. They saw his shifty demeanour and believed not a word off it. They rejected his attempt to frame a constituent. I think he should be investigated for perjury. Another court-proven liar.

WhatTheHeck

There's a surprise, the Mail aren't allowing comments on the story.

Still, just goes to show what a weak little man Wright is, he runs to the police when confronted with a disgruntled constituent who voices his concerns.

I don't want a weasel for an MP, but unfortunately, despite not voting for him, I have been lumbered with him.
No relation to Whattheheck from the mail !

fred c

The verdict has certainly blown a rather large hole in the Members credibility ratings, but lets face it, Cleveland Police have a track record of jumping, when LabTor Mob clowncillors call.

Maybe the Member should call for an immediate investigation into his behaviour surrounding this incident.... like he did for Lying Ste when he got the bullet from Newcastle Council for telling Porkie Pies.

Land Phil

I can see him being the reason for Labour losing it's 50 year old seat if he is still in it when the next election comes around.

Just needs the opposition to stop splitting itself so many ways.

mk1

Wright had another bite at the cherry and it too has gone tits-up

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/bricklayer-cleared-of-harassing-hartlepool-mp-1-8130438

A builder facing a retrial over alleged harassment of his MP has been cleared of all offending. Lawyers for Anthony Rowbotham successfully opposed a separate application for a restraining order preventing Mr Rowbotham contacting Hartlepool MP Iain Wright. The decisions made my Recorder Nick Lumley QC at Teesside Crown Court means Mr Rowbotham is now free to contact Mr Wright having been prevented from doing so for 20 months due to bail conditions

steveL

Don't you think this is a bit odd? Surely someone asking for a restraining order has good reason to do so - otherwise why bother?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

I think it's just a matter of MP's & Councillor believing they are above mere mortals & that their word should be taken as gospel by the likes of the police, but if you take Hartlepool as an example that obviously isn't the case......

I'm afraid the qualities of honesty, integrity & morality are sadly lacking in the vocabulary of a number of local political figures, I certainly wouldn't buy a used car off any of them.

steveL

My understanding is that Wright has pretty much given up being MP and now expects to be deselected.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Land Phil

It is hard to imagine there will be anybody better following him.
Quite a damning statement if I do say so myself.

fred c

How ironic it would be if Raymondo's Hospital Performances pushed him into running against any local mob member who stands & he got elected.

Lord Elpus

Quote from: fred c on September 20, 2016, 09: AM
How ironic it would be if Raymondo's Hospital Performances pushed him into running against any local mob member who stands & he got elected.

I could see that happening (in a month of Sundays).

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Land Phil on September 20, 2016, 12: AM
It is hard to imagine there will be anybody better following him.
Quite a damning statement if I do say so myself.
The replacement could make him look credible. Hardly a nostalgic golden age scenario, but credible in comparison.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.