hart reservoir

Started by veggismiennicht, October 01, 2015, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

veggismiennicht

Many years ago wanted to buy house on hart reseviour told covernant on it that could only buy it if I had agricultural use does this still apply

Land Phil

Covenants only apply to normal people not gangsters.

crisstw

Maybe a councillor from the Hart Ward could raise this issue & ask if there is a covenant in place ? ;)

steveL

Wouldn't put too much faith in the existence of a covenant. Both the Pink Domino and the King Oswy Pub had covenants on the land. Such things may present an obstacle under other 'normal' local authorities but HBC hasn't been operating as a 'normal' local authority for some time.

I did hear a story that when the King Oswy Pub was being discussed, SAB (of all people) did ask about the covenant but was promptly told to keep quiet.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

Quote from: steveL on October 02, 2015, 08: AM
Wouldn't put too much faith in the existence of a covenant. Both the Pink Domino and the King Oswy Pub had covenants on the land. Such things may present an obstacle under other 'normal' local authorities but HBC hasn't been operating as a 'normal' local authority for some time.

I did hear a story that when the King Oswy Pub was being discussed, SAB (of all people) did ask about the covenant but was promptly told to keep quiet.
[/i]

Mushrooms, Dark & S**t come to mind.

veggismiennicht

Planning application mentions ponds car parking pathways roads etc who will maintain them the development company surely not HBC also its about time that roads to these developments be maintained by the company and not be taken over by highways department for at least 10 years also who will maintain reservior and associated problems life jackets points fencing etc

for fawkes sake

The application suggests that the reservoir was used to supply the docks but I'm not certain that is the case. I believe the reservoir is fed from the much larger Hurworth Burn reservoir and that both were used to supply the North Steel Works. Quite possibly, it was the old Steel Works Company that constructed them. I remember that both were put on the market a few years ago as they were no longer in use.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

DRiddle

I fear the short answer to the questions posed by veggie is . . . No one.
You only need to look at Bishop Cuthbert and the state of many of the roads on the estate to see an example of the situation with developers.

An awful lot of the complaints I get from residents concern developers and their scant regard for maintenance of roads and other associated infrastructure.

What seems to happen is the council wash their hands of the roads issue until the roads and adopted, and the developers ignore the problems and tick the days off until the roads ARE adopted.

It becomes a big game of pass the buck.