Monday's Public Meeting

Started by admin, November 12, 2014, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

HARTLEPOOL COUNCIL
PRESS RELEASE

Hospital public meeting plans unveiled

Details have been unveiled of a public meeting in Hartlepool to discuss the future of the town's hospital services.

It follows the recent announcement that the North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust has decided to 'pause' its efforts to create a new hospital at Wynyard because any decision is highly unlikely to be made prior to next May's General Election.

This prompted civic leaders to invite local health trust chiefs to attend a public meeting which will take place in the Town Hall Theatre, Raby Road on Monday 24 November starting at 5pm.

It will commence with a half hour presentation from North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust and be followed by an open public question time until around 6.45pm.

The panel will include several representatives from the Trust including Chief Executive Alan Foster and Chairman Paul Garvin.

Doors open at 4.30pm and the 390 seats will be available on a 'first come, first served' basis.

The public meeting will be immediately followed by an Extraordinary Meeting of Hartlepool Council which will enable councillors to also debate the hospital services issue. This meeting, in the Town Hall Theatre, commences at 7pm.

For further information, call Hartlepool Council on 01429 523013.

Press release PR16666   18 November 2014.
Issued by Alastair Rae, Public Relations Manager, on 01429 523510.

Alnwickist

So HBC are brining in private security for the meeting, by they are getting jumpy and the flaccid member can't make it, there's a surprise, wonder who else runs off

ashamedtobebritish

Shame Hartlepool doesn't have any Stocks in the Town Square, where Foster and Garmin could have tomatoes thrown at them the two of them are a discrase to the NHS and a discrase to the town.

As for security, if NES is the best they can get to stop things going a bit Pear Shaped, they would have been better off calling "Dads Army" in.

There's nothing worse than an angry public mob, looking for a public Lynching.

Nanna's allready got her knitting and her chair booked front row near the Gallows.

steveL

NES wouldn't happen to be Morton's company would it?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Devils advocate

Quote from: steveL on November 18, 2014, 03: PM
NES wouldn't happen to be Morton's company would it?

I thought N.E.S was Dave Garside's company.

Hartlepudlion

norfolkngoode

Quote from: Hartlepudlion on November 18, 2014, 08: PM
Excuse my ignorance.

Who is Dave Garside?

Very well known former (semi)? professional boxer in the town. Now runs North East Security.
'They don't like it up em'

StellaL

As the structure of our NHS has changed  so profoundly many people including the medical professions are finding the changes very confusing. Therefore  here is a video link that I believe explains the  most wide-ranging reforms since the NHS was founded in 1948 very well indeed.  ( There is also a link to a full transcript below the video)

The audio does explain, there are some organisations they  were not able to mention individually due to a very short time-frame, but still it gives a good indication of the system.

I am posting this animation because I feel the 'powers that be'  may well prefer us to remain  ill - informed!

I also believe  that one set of complex structures has been replaced by an even larger set of complex structures within the NHS and no doubt at great expense to the taxpayer.

On scrutinising the comments below the video one error to note is and I quote:'' I think you have mixed up the Senates and the Strategic Clinical Networks. For the example given for advice around cardiac services, I would expect the CCG to talk to the Cardiovascular SCN not the Senate. The Senate is there for large strategic, complex change and difficult issues across the whole Senate footprint.''

http://www.kingsfund.org.uk/projects/nhs-65/alternative-guide-new-nhs-england?page=1

Alnwickist

Hasn't Mr Garsides son just been done for drug dealing ?

Land Phil

Google Dave Garside Hartlepool and you get loads of hits (pardon the pun) for violence and drugs ...no idea if it is the same one though.

Alnwickist

Interesting. Lead to believe that the Trust have been getting 2m a year to keep the Hospital open. Wonder were it all went ?

notenoughsaid

It puzzles me why tax payers money should be spent employing a set of night club/pub bouncers to keep order at a public meeting next door to the main police station?   Surely the Police have a duty to show a presence even if only to control the security men !!!   I noticed a policeman standing at the back of the crowd in the picture of the folks  inside of library (HPool Mail 18/11)   You could only see his traditional helmet but nevertheless he was there.  A Sgt. and Constable should be able  to cope with their quick radio link if assistance should be reqd.   A service already paid for equipped with the legal powers to act properly. It all seems daft to me.

Land Phil