it's a Vision thing

Started by steveL, January 15, 2014, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craig finton

I wonder how much this has cost us so far? The video, the literature, the presentation and now a contract for someone to produce yet more glossy documentation. Sticks in your throat when you think of some of the cuts going on like losing school crossing patrols and people being asked to pay more for homecare.

steveL

Was a bit worrying at 'The Vision' presentation that Assistant Director of Regeneration, Damien Wilson seemed unaware of the consultations going on at Redcar about the 2,000 turbine Dogger Bank wind farm. He tried to pass off the consultations that were taking place as being related to the maintenance of the existing 28 turbine farm off Redcar which wasn't true. Nice to know that he's on top of his game with so many jobs at stake.  :-\

http://www.forewind.co.uk/news/97/34/Responses-due-for-Dogger-Bank-Teesside-A-B.html

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/where%20are%20the%20jobs.htm
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

craig finton

How typical. I think there is a 'buzz phrase' for this sort of thing; 'being behind the wave'

Would you not think that making sure you had a slice of the work for the world's largest wind farm directly opposite your own coast line was a lot more important to the people of Hartlepool than some fanciful, half-baked vision - even a champagne induced one?

Looks like a case of the eye being well and truly off the ball to me.

for fawkes sake

I've never understood this pre-occupation with 'retail and tourist' opportunities. For 'retail and tourist' opportunities read low paid, often minimum wage jobs which can only ever be supplementary, pin-money jobs when what is needed are jobs which come with a wage sufficient to support a family at a level which isn't bouncing along the poverty line.

If this is the vision for Hartlepool then we need another vision.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

testing times

The links are now working again. Just in time if the front page is anything to go by...... >:(