it's a Vision thing

Started by steveL, January 15, 2014, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

'Vision'.....? .....or hallucination.......?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

stokoe

Should be named....................Cloud cuckoo.land.

fred c

Chrystal Meth......... Whoaaaa Dude give me moreeeeeeeee I want to Fly to Mars

Even if any working "Council Tax Payer" did want to pop along & engage in the Fanciful Nonsense presented by "The Dear Leader" & his Tees Valley Unlimited Bedfellows......... they wouldn`t be able to unless they took a day of work... we aren`t all as lucky as Kim Jong CAB in being able to have a day off at the drop of a hat.

Cleveland Council ripped the Ar*e out of Hartlepool & other areas, ie. Billingham & Redcar, so why would we as a town want to be involved with this new Quango.

Like the hospital trust this bunch of No Goods are looking after their own ends, promoting a fanciful pipe dream as a concrete working project just to keep themselves in extremely lucrative employment for years to come.

stokoe

Also noticed the red arrows have crashed. :o

DRiddle

Some sources I heard from within HBC said the red arrows had been scrapped because if you look at the original picture that The Mail didn't dare print for fear of ridicule, the red arrows smoke trails were actually a not so subtle attempt to fly a very symbolic flag above the whole project.

Still, I guess 'vision' is the latest 'buzzword', which makes a change from 'Masterplan'.

I know CAB reads this and apparently I'm on his radar, so I have some questions.

In the presentation he gives, will he be mainly talking about which are the necessary forms a person needs to claim benefits, or will the presentation focus predominantly on which drawers to file said benefits forms in once completed by the claimant?

Personally if I was a millionaire property developer or a site acquisitions manager from a multi national retailer, I imagine I'd be a bit bored as he prattled on about whether to stick a first or a second class stamp on the benefit paperwork before posting it on the revenues department.

Only in Hartlepool...

norfolkngoode

The 'vision' looks like a scene taken from that 'classic' Fritz Lang film 'Metropolis'
'They don't like it up em'

steveL

All very odd but the first vision didn't seem to survive Christmas....

Vision 1 Pre Christmas

Vision II Post Christmas

That building in the middle looks remarkably like Jacksons Landing
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

marky

Perhaps he was zonked out on Veuve Clicquot  when he had his first vision  :o

SRMoore

The tall ship in the centre ground looks remarkably like HMS Warrior. Which wouldn't fit through the lock gates...

Small details aside, I'd love to attend the meeting and see what this 'Vision' includes. There may very well be a good idea or two in there somewhere that could be worked on. Alas I will be at work when this meeting takes place so yet again I am being excluded from being involved in the local democratic process :(

Land Phil

Has somebody been playing Sim City or Mine Craft.

The buildings don't look to be in proportion to the piece of land, maybe reality doesn't form part of the vision.

How much are we going to make from this vision of regeneration ? ....let me guess, a number less than zero.

Looks like an excuse for tea and biscuits, as it won't be going any further tun that.

Inspector Knacker

Not so much a vision, .... more a case of just anothet elusive mirage.
There is a long list of these projects touted, which come to fruition in the other parts of the so called Tees Valley, ....but are quietly sborted after conception in Hartlepool.
The Middlesbrough/Stockton axis is the new centre and that's where the money and power will be........ we're on the far edge, nevet really part of the Teesside thing and will be regarded accordingly.
We are seeing the rebirth of Clevrland County Council by stealth, an utterly depressing prospect.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

for fawkes sake

I'm afraid no one will ever take these 'visions' seriously until someone stands up in front of us all and tells us not only where the money is coming from but that it is already in the bank.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

mk1

We have been here before

mk1

For those who want to know  just how many of these schemes have been ditched over the years

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2262