Clinton Cards Goes Into Administration

Started by marky, May 09, 2012, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marky

Another casualty on the High Street - or in our case the Shopping Centre. Clinton expects to be forced into administration today.

fred c

Depressing news for the staff who will lose their jobs... I`m more than glad i ain`t starting my working life now....

People from all walks of life, all ages & all sexes are faced with a shatteringly depressing future. i`m afraid the "Great" went out of "Great Britain" a long time ago.

I don`t want to trivialise this news........... But now is not the time to have cut funding for C.A.B & it`s a reason to help with the funding of M.I.N.D

And i don`t want my comments to be politicised, i`m just stating my opinion..... It`s not nice to be in a Dark Place.

Straight Talking

I agree with the sentiment of what you say Fred, but CAB did not have their funding cut,
they were invited to participate in a joint bid to deliver services across Hartlepool, they declined
and the contract went to those who had extended the hand of inclusion.

There is also more than MIND delivering mental health services in Hartlepool.

The whole issue of Mental Health needs to be looked at in my view and a decision taken as to how funding is achieved and who is responsible.
It shouldn't be down to the Council to fund it, as this means the local tax payer actually pays twice.

Mental Health is part of the wider health delivery and as such should be funded by the Government.

The Shadow

Quote from: Straight Talking on May 09, 2012, 01: PM
Mental Health is part of the wider health delivery and as such should be funded by the Government.

As it is likely to be via GP Commissioning groups once they take over their new role.

Is it true that part of the reason the CAB didn't go to tender or get funding because they knew they would not get it due to a personal vendetta from certain snr cllrs andf Joe from the CAB?

notinshadow

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Straight Talking on May 09, 2012, 01: PM
I agree with the sentiment of what you say Fred, but CAB did not have their funding cut,
they were invited to participate in a joint bid to deliver services across Hartlepool, they declined
and the contract went to those who had extended the hand of inclusion.

'extended the hand of inclusion' ...... classic
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.