Hartlepools' electorate have spoken.

Started by Inspector Knacker, May 04, 2012, 06: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

........................................... some things never change.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Donkey Kong

Too many morons in the town. At least my ward appears idiot free!

codheadless

26% VOTED! i thought with it being an all out election we would have got a lot more, I suppose we get what we deserve in this town

dangerman

Keith Fisher being elected is good news. He'll be a real thorn in the side for Labour & of course Mayor 'for now' Drummond.

I knew it would be a death knell for the Liberal's when I saw the expensive election leaflets fall on the mat.

Headland was a certain result for Labour but Stranton will still get all the money pay back time to hit headland where it hurts most.

Poor Arthur Preece will now ride off into the sunset never to be seen again.

Well done to P.H.F. Now the new political group, from little acorns etc, etc. We'll see time will tell.

As for those who voted Labour 'Well' you'll get just what you deserve.

Julie noted

A friend has just rang and asked me what I thought of the results.
I asked her if she voted and she hadn't.  ???
Why?           'Because labour always get in so why bother'?
Give me strength!  >:(

It would appear the % of voters has gone down again. That, to me, is an indication of the distrust and abhorrence the majority of people in this town have for the people representing the labour party.

Why don't those voters realise they CAN change the situation but they have to throw off the apathetic attitude,  get off their butts and GO AND VOTE.  :(

labour, of course will come out with the usual guff but one thing is for sure, they will be exceedingly circumspect in their 'dealings' in future.  :-X
I am looking forward to the financial aspects and queries regarding the CICs being investigated by the appropriate authorities and being proven once and for all if irregularities have taken place.  ???

Putting Hartlepool First hasn't done as well as some expected (inc. me) and that is sad.  :'(
I don't believe it is down to PHF, more a case of the likes of my friend thinking the tide can't be turned.
The govt. needs to make it a legal requirement to vote.
Millions have died to enable us to have that right...my friend and thousands of others like her are abusing their sacrifice.
Shame on them.  :(

Julie noted

kip; I can see where you are coming from, 'big brother' and all of that.

However, how can we move on deadwood, chancers, rogues etc. (not that we have any in Hartlepool, of course) unless more people vote and not just the labour core.....I've heard tell some people have been warned;
'If we don't get back in your benefits will be slashed'.  :o

Everyone should have to vote, even if there is a place on the form for;
'none of the above'.
At least they have had to get off their butts and, once there, may make a sensible choice.
One can only hope.

Straight Talking

Quote from: kipperdip on May 04, 2012, 08: AM
Now that the Comrades have pulled off the mass deception (over an easily fooled electorate) yet again we can expect any day now the formal announcement of the closure of Hartlepool Hospital - FULL STOP.

They've probably had the press release prepared for weeks / months just waiting to get their snouts in the trough again before adding the date and kicking us firmly and squarely in the nuts.
Of course Labour's house journal, the Mail, will have wall to wall tearful pictures of the council comrades and the poisoned dwarf lamenting "what a sad day this is"..............etc,etc,.......................
HYPOCRITICAL USELESS LYING bas**ar*s

As has been said many times before - this town gets what it deserves through its own blindness to reality.

RIP Hartlepool Hospital.................... Date to be formally announced.

So, the electorate are STUPID, which is a mild version of what you were saying at the count. What a rant!!
Maybe you should give the electorate the benefit of the doubt, they in most cases saw through the negativity and scaremongering that was going on in the UKIP/PHF/BNP literature. The unholy trinity failed to pull of their attempted coup. You said on your leaflet that the hospital was due to close in the next few months.

The English Defence League leaflet that was delivered across the Manor House Ward by the BNP - showed clearly what the overriding agenda is. The people have very definitely decided they want no truck with it - get the trackies and trainers back out Dave.

notinshadow

You can choose to vote, you can choose not to vote, you can choose to vote Labour, Tory or anyone else.

You could even choose to vote for P.H.F. if you like.

I like being able to choose.

rabbit

Analysing the results on a percent basis:

Before the election we had of 47 councillors (not including the Mayor)

29 Labour, 61.7 percent.
4 Conservative, 8.5 percent
2 Lib Dem, 4.3 percent
12 the rest, 25.5 percent.

After the election we have of 33 councillors (not including the Mayor)

21 Labour, 63.6 percent- a slight improvement.
3 Conservative, 9.1 percent- a slight improvement.
0 Lib Dems, zilch percent, a total loss
4 the new Hartlepool First, 12.1 percent. Only one new face here the others just formed a new party. A big win for them.
5 the rest, 15.2 percent. I don`t know who these are as yet, presumably all "Independents."

Julie noted

Whilst I don't pretend to have the nous for the clever extrapolations that a 'John Snow' would come up with (or the inclination!) but here are some figures on which to cogitate;

labour fielded 33 candidates and received 22,808 votes  :P

Tories fielded 23 candidates and received 5,291 votes  ::)

Putting Hartlepool First fielded 19 candidates and received 9,273 votes  8)

If only the 'stay at homes' has come out and voted  >:(

Still, I think it was a damn good show by PHF.

Now they need to build on it by engaging with the public FROM TODAY, via any means possible (print, technology, carrier pigeon).

They have to get at those that stayed at home and let them know this town can change for the better but they HAVE TO VOTE.  :-*

marky

Working on those figures and seeing what it would mean if PHF had managed to field the same 33 candidates as Labour then I work out that PFI would have gathered 70% of the Labour vote; not bad at all for a new party.

Average Votes per candidate:
Labour: 706
PFI: 488
Tories: 230

The next two years is going to be very interesting.

christine blakey

People do not realise they have the power to vote a change.  The fact that Liberal Democrats are out, then Arthur has agreed to things to benefit other Councillors such as the Freeman of the Town disgrace (I was there so I know for definite). 

So if he is now out, he should consider that whilst you sometimes get perks, things can always turn on you, as it shows those involved have no morals.

We should now look at what is being done in our wards, and if things are going well, I for one will have no problem with the outcomes.  It does show yet again, how influential the Hartlepool Mail is. 

Let us consider this voting for the November Police Commissioner and Mayoral Referendum.

Maybe those who are annoyed about this vote, could help to show that the turn out being low was the reason for the current make up in the Chamber.  We need to impress that people need to get out and vote if they want to see any change or improvement.

andyn

At one time the people of Hartlepool hung a monkey now they seem to be hanging themselves by electing the same old same old.
I like you kipperdip wonder how long the Hospital will last, especially if a certain councillors mother gets a foot in on the Seaton ward.
HBC should be changed to BC as that is where this council is heading back to the dark ages.
Its jobs for the boys time again.

Vincent

Please explain your comments regarding Arthur, he has dedicated a quarter of a century to the people of Hartlepool and should be rewarded by being made a Freeman of the Borough (rather him than Mandy)

christine blakey

Who is going to do something about the objections expressed on this site?

Is anyone going to let residents know they could have changed it?

Is that drive to get people informed going to be for the next two years or the next two weeks, one now and one in the purdah period for the next elections in two years time.

Great to express frustration on this site, put without consistent effort to let people know, it is not the fault of the electorate.  It is about letting people know the power could really be in their hands.

Maybe the Hartlepool First Party could be exposing this for the next two years, I am sure they would take more seats if they did as people would see more of the picture, potential, power?