Straight from the horses mouth!

Started by Julie noted, May 03, 2012, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julie noted

Well, there it is. The truth about how the bankers crisis was caused by gordon brown/bliar in 1997..soon after they took over.  :o

The governor of the bank of England, Mervyn King, has stated the fault of the banking crash was brown initiating a 'light touch' on the banking system, soon after taking over in '97 and allowing the banks free rein to run their own affairs, without 'checks and balances' from the govt.  >:(

M. King says he should have been stronger and objected to many of the banking practices being ignored by the labour govt.

Golden balls brown...mr perfect...I don't think so.
Both brown and King ought to be investigated for dereliction of duty.

So come on, mr smarty pants...'it's all down to the coalition'...mayor, the banking collapse wasn't the nasty Tories, it was the execrable labour louts!

Or is Mr King wrong?  ::)

notinshadow

Mr King was directing blame away from him I thought while watching the news item this morning..what was it he said about "screaming from the rooftops"..yeh right not a whisper till now.

rabbit

Mervyn KIng said amongst othe things that:

"We don't build nuclear power stations in densely populated areas, nor should we allow essential banking services and risky investment banking activities to be carried out in the same 'too important to fail' bank.

He really should get his facts right!

christine blakey

All I see is one party 'tit' then one party 'for tat'.

I do think the ease of money which led to a rocketing price rise for houses via ease of access for mortgages is a real issue which has not been addressed.

We now have children leaving university with debt, without the means or ability to get a mortgage, especially when they have to pay the uni fees back also.

They say the return is at a low rate but it is something that people will take to bed at night if they worry about paying the bills.

My fury then goes to the housing market renting value, which has increased significantly.  Social housing is hard to get with huge waiting lists.  Other houses often cost more in rent and the social security department sometimes leave quite a shortfall.

I know people say it will give incentives to work, but I am concerned about those who just cannot work, people with disabilities and older age group who have retired naturally or because of health.  We need to really start looking at how this impacts on us locally. 

Some Landlords are being helped, more than tenants sometimes.  We need to map this out and start looking at bringing prices down to an affordable level or we will have people with no other option than to stay with their parents until they are fifty!  It is actually happening now!

notenoughsaid

To Christine ...I have spent hours under Health and Safety Childproofing the house but to no avail....they still keep coming back.

christine blakey

Donkey Kong

Quote from: christine blakey on May 03, 2012, 09: PM
I don'y get that post?
i think that the post referred to elderly kids living with their parents ;-)

mk1