Trumpton On Parade - Mayor Bottles It

Started by steveL, August 06, 2013, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

SRMoore

So a return of Mayors Sunday in all but name.

No problem with that but we have already had a Civic church service of 'celebration' which was held in January at St Hilda's church.

fred c

Organised in Co-Operation with the Ceremonial Mayor Of Hartlepool Borough Council

I think what the above actually means is.........

An Employee of Hartlepool Borough Council is using, His or Her Time to Organise a Propagnada Parade & Photo Opportunity for "The Consort & The Dear Leader"

And as pointed out by Shane......

Quote from: SRMoore on August 06, 2013, 10: AM
So a return of Mayors Sunday in all but name.

No problem with that but we have already had a Civic church service of 'celebration' which was held in January at St Hilda's church.
[/i]

Stig of the Seaton Dump

VOMIT ...pity he didn't see fit to march through town for the save the hospital march.

I think a protest at the closure of A&E at the same time would be very fitting.

I am thinking a big arrow with the words ...THIS MAN TOOK £5K FOR HIS PET PROJECT FROM THE NHS TRUST AND LET A&E CLOSE WITHOUT A FIGHT ...or words to that effect.
I don't believe it.

Lucy Lass-Tick

rabbit

To save the town some money, they should hold the parade on the same day as the Headland Carnival Parade.

i`m sure the council leaders would win something.

No suggestions please-too obvious!

tankerville

Will our Non Labour elected councillors be in attendance?

There is so much talk in this town but not enough action.

This would be the perfect opportunity to stage a protest for we the electorate to show just what we think of Hartlepool Borough Council.

Of course it will never happen the same hangers on will be out in force with full media coverage showing what a wonderful town this is as they march past the empty boarded up shops along York Road.

And aren't we lucky indeed to have such a wonderful and caring Labour Controlled Council. Pass me the bucket...yuck.

mk1

They probably think they look great in all the regalia however all I see are 2 scruffy middle aged men desperate to deny reality.
Balding and overweight they both try and disguise the alopecia with silly hairstyles and the bigger one  is the proverbial sack of spuds held together with string.

See how his stomach is  straining his shirt buttons and when was the last time he was able to do up this jacket? He  refuses to buy new suits that better suit his  brobdingnagian waistline!

misinformed

I may not like SCAB and agree they as much use as a chocolate fire guard... but come on and grow up .. this is an adult site not a school yard ... petty name calling is disgusting... you would not like it if someone was calling you just on their size or appearance ..... thought more of this site...  :-\

Mr Mister

Misinformed.. Tell someone who cares!!

Its time put on makeup,
Its time to dress up right,
Its time to raise the curtain on the Muppet Show tonight.

mk1

Quote from: misinformed on August 06, 2013, 02: PM
I may not like SCAB and agree they as much use as a chocolate fire guard... but come on and grow up .. this is an adult site not a school yard ... petty name calling is disgusting... you would not like it if someone was calling you just on their size or appearance ..... thought more of this site...

Why was your post  no 26 on July 24th in the 'Register Of Interests' thread edited by Admin then?

The SCABs think  highly of themselves. One of the quickest ways to get to them is to explain how others see them. The big fella is a disgrace. He dresses like a homeless man who buys his clothes from Oxfam. It isn't that he cant afford  proper fitting suits but he prefers to deny he is grossly overweight and keep wearing suits he bought when he was just a 40' waist. There are shops that sell clothes for 'big' men so there is no need to go around with a huge bulge of fat hanging down over your trouser waistband.
It is his  vanity that  makes him dress like a scarecrow.

fred c

Quote from: misinformed on August 06, 2013, 02: PM
I may not like SCAB and agree they as much use as a chocolate fire guard... but come on and grow up .. this is an adult site not a school yard ... petty name calling is disgusting... you would not like it if someone was calling you just on their size or appearance ..... thought more of this site...  :-\

You treat people with "Respect" & you get "Respect" in return, neither of these 2 are shrinking violets when it comes down to dis-respecting people, if you want examples of their behaviour, try attending a full council meeting & then come back & say they deserve to be shown any respect.

They have in many peoples eyes made the town a laughing stock all to enhance their already over inflated ego`s.......... if it looks like a Buffoon & acts like a Buffoon, chances are it will be a Buffoon.

Inspector Knacker

We mustn't forget Trumptons  neighbouring community of Camberwick Green whose NHS Trust want to build a new super cottage hospital at Chigley and close Trumpton General.... the Mayor says not to worry as his new outfit makes everyone feel better when he and his friend Chippy Minton  turn up eccentricly robed, so don't worry about hospitals, as laughter is the best medicine....
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

misinformed

MK1 my edited post from " no 26 on July 24th in the 'Register Of Interests'" was due to the fact I named the wonderful lady who had set up MRA... I didn't lower myself to name calling!!
I agree with what most write on this site, but all I said was name calling is just like been in the school yard..
why go down to their level?? we are adults not kids.. ok the shower of sh**e we have in council (and I don't mean all of them), deserve to be moaned about and their code of conduct questioned but to name call someone due to their size is not politics come on really...... but I refuse to argue over this I was just giving an opinion ..............

Private Fraser

"Those who are capable of tyranny are capable of perjury to sustain it."