Hartlepool First - So rattled they've gone cuckoo!

Started by The Shadow, May 01, 2012, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notinshadow

Quote from: steveL on May 01, 2012, 07: PM
Quote: "Fair enough Stevel.. but why I do think there is a rabbit off here."

it's all about cuckoo Councillors, something you know lots about.

Hang on mate, you will have to break that down for me, as that has gone over my head totally.

Ray Wells is one of very few Tory Councillors who got mentioned in despatches on the Labour website.

What did it say!! was it good? bad? what!! don't tell half a story mate, we want the facts.

Fair enough Stevel.. but why I do think there is a rabbit off here.

I have a theory about this - admittedly it's only a theory. A Labour man gathers a fair bit of money behind him - enough to move into the poshest area of town. He's sussed that being a Councillor would give him considerable influence and that such a thing might come in very handy.

Well you what, you might have a point, but if you ask his voting public what they think, it isn't that I am told.

But what to do? There's no chance of getting elected as a Labour Councillor in such a posh area - so - hey presto! This is the Park area and if you stuck a blue rossette on Lenin he'd still get elected.

It's a dirty business mate... P.H.F. have no clout.

Question is Steve...What can you do about it..afterall you not voted in yet and if you are you won't be firmed up..so what can you do about it..Sweet F.A. but you don't have to like it mate.

You would have been better getting into bed with him politically and having it with the obvious Labour.

steveL

Quote:"Steve, your a little boy trying to play poker with the people way out of your league."

Now come on you two, a little boy or a failed middle-aged journalist - make your mind up.

Money can buy lots of things, Ray - but not the truth - and as you don't seem to have grasped it yet - HF is all about ridding this town who think they are in a different league to the rest of the people.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

@llta

sorry missed the link off
http://www.labournorth.com/embarrassment-for-government-as-tory-councillors-condemn-vat-ris

........ cuckoo councillors in that you've got another one in your ward

Quote: You would have been better getting into bed with him politically and having it with the obvious Labour.

I ain't a Tory - never voted Tory in my life and never could.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

dangerman

I'm aware of the school incident and your right in what you say I would be quite hacked off, but I was refering to Ian Campbell delivering leaflets.

He was threatened by Cllr Wells not to deliver any more in the Park Ward or anywhere else.

Ian told me first hand what occured I have to take his word he had nothing to gain by telling me a lie.

The truth hurts but a smack in the mouth hurts more. So it's easier to give in.

notinshadow

I am sorry fella I didn't know that..

Hang on a minute though..Ray Wells threatening anyone..are we talking about the same Ray Well, the little, skinny fella hangs about the fountain hoping for rain as the council won't let him have any water in his foutain..afterall why should the council his a wells..

steveL

Quote from: observer on May 01, 2012, 07: PM
Re the recorded vote issue.  Doesn't 'unanimous' mean that everyone voted the same way?  Wouldn't that include Lib Dems and Independent Councillors too?  Or am I being simplistic?

Yes it does. A lot of votes are fairly neutral and will get general support. Can't say about the Lib-Dems but few Independents can boast the same level of consistency as Mr Wells in supporting Labour.

In particular, the budget that had been worked on for 9 months by the Cabinet and Council Officers was voted down by Labour with the help of Mr Well's Tories and a few wimps that were the Labour members of the Cabinet who decided to change their mind. Peter Jackson was deselected from the Throston ward just to get the message across.

Labour want the ICT and Benefits function to remain in the hands of its UNISON backers and also a slice of the £4m in savings that the council had made last year to spend on a variety of its own pet projects like the one to supply free or cheap white electrical goods and furniture to asylum seekers and single mums setting up home.

The Credit Union already provides cheap loans for this purpose and does a pretty good job but Marjorie James doesn't get on with the Credit Union after it refused to allow her onto its board. Wells voted for that too.

The idea to outsource ICT and Benefits would have saved over £10m over 7 years but it required upfront costs such as those needed to renew software licences etc of several hundred thousands - big money, but not when compared to the £10m+ savings. Essentially, if there was several hundred thousand up for grabs then Labour wanted a slice of it.

Planning ahead doesn't come naturally to Labour who prefer the buy-now-pay-later approach.

mk1

Quote from: dangerman on May 01, 2012, 07: PM

He was threatened by Cllr Wells not to deliver any more in the Park Ward or anywhere else.

Thats the trouble with wide boys.
The history of  dodgy deals means they have a little  Coterie who do their dirty work for them.
Reminds me of Chey and the way she used to threaten people with a visit from her old debt collection associates........

notinshadow

Is that how it works MK1!!

Dirty business this politics..I would fit right in there...lol.

mk1

Quote from: dangerman on May 01, 2012, 07: PM

The truth hurts but a smack in the mouth hurts more. So it's easier to give in.

I will let you in on a little secret.
It rarely hurts much  the day you get it. The next day it will be a pain but if someone smacks you then strike  back instead of curling up in a ball and hoping they don't hit anything vital. Your natural defence mechanism dopes you up and you  can function quite well even with serious wounds.

The Shadow

Steve. HF isn't about ridding this town of labour or anyone else. It was and is a vehicle for getting a few sitting and previous councillors re elected who would stand no chance unless they rebrand themselves again.

Now to your theory... If that was Rays game it's been a bloody long game.
Ray joined Hartlepool Conservative Association in 1989 and became one of the youngest branch chairmen ever in 1994, getting him an invite to Number 10.
So you are now seriously suggesting that he has really been hiding his labour colours for uww 23 years just so that he could one day move to the park and become a councillor?

Or do you think that maybe, just maybe, things that are voted on in full council are discussed at great length beforehand in cross party talks so that everybody taking part gets to have a say in it?
The problem with HF and more specifically the Lilleys, is that they refuse to attend meetings where such things are discussed. In doing so they have no say and more importantly they do not represent the people they were voted to speak up for.
Instead they prefer to ignore these meetings, turn up for full council meetings where they will have the public and press to play to, then proceed to score political points and voting the opposite way.

That isn't giving effective representation to the people who elected them and it is certainly no way to move this town forward.

notinshadow

Quote from: steveL on May 01, 2012, 07: PM
@llta

sorry missed the link off
http://www.labournorth.com/embarrassment-for-government-as-tory-councillors-condemn-vat-ris

........ cuckoo councillors in that you've got another one in your ward

In my ward..I have no idea what you mean ..am I having a thick day..

Quote: You would have been better getting into bed with him politically and having it with the obvious Labour.

I ain't a Tory - never voted Tory in my life and never could.

No I didn't mean become a Tory Stevel... ;D ;D ;D \i meant P.H.F. stricking up a few friendship with the other parties to give it to Labour.

steveL

There are a few Indies that I think are waiting to see what happens on Thursday but who would fit into the HF fold quite well, I have some time for Edna whose heart is in the right place even though her head is often somewhere else. George Morris is a waste of space and should really be confined to a Werther's Original ad... I quite like Chris McKenna but he rarely speaks.

The saddest thing and something of a mystery to me is the good guys on the Labour side who have chosen to doff their caps to the mighty Marj rather than be the people they once aspired to be.

So not a lot of choice really....oh and incidentally, there are 19 HF candidates in all and the idea that 15 of us are naive enough to be taken in by two meglamaniac despots is a bit laughable. I think you'd find that it's the 15 who, realising their own newbie status, are using the four more experienced guys to their own advantage.

notinshadow

Quote from: steveL on May 01, 2012, 09: PM
There are a few Indies that I think are waiting to see what happens on Thursday but who would fit into the HF fold quite well, I have some time for Edna whose heart is in the right place even though her head is often somewhere else.

That's a good start to get her onside!

George Morris is a waste of space and should really be confined to a Werther's Original ad... I quite like Chris McKenna but he rarely speaks.

Mmm I don't suppose that will help either Steve.

The saddest thing and something of a mystery to me is the good guys on the Labour side who have chosen to doff their caps to the mighty Marj rather than be the people they once aspired to be.

That's corruption of one form or other for you, it's so unpredictable.

So not a lot of choice really....oh and incidentally, there are 19 HF candidates in all and the idea that 15 of us are naive enough to be taken in by two meglamaniac despots is a bit laughable.

13 of them keep it real..lol..It's like watching lambs walking to the butchers along York Rd..bless em..

I think you'd find that it's the 15 who, realising their own newbie status, are using the four more experienced guys to their own advantage.

;D

It's good for S.A. and G.L. and a couple of you might have half a chance but the rest are proper f**c*** and won't realise until about midnight Thursday..

Straight Talking

Quote from: steveL on May 01, 2012, 05: PM
Ray Wells and the Tory's voting record, 29 out of 29 votes with the Labour Group.  He has never voted against the Labour Party in a recorded vote
I AM HAVING TO SEND THIS POST IN SECTIONS AS ADMIN HAS INDICATED IT IS TOO LONG
PART ONE
Unlike others who have jumped in on one side or the other, I have bothered to look at the Council website and gone through the minutes referred to.
Where Cllrs Alison and Geoff Lilley or indeed Cllr Gibbon, have voted for the same thing as Ray Wells which includes all the unanimous votes of Council I have discounted them.
Even stretching it to the max, I can only find FIVE occasions where Ray Wells has voted in a different direction to the three named Councillors. Which is what this is about more than how often he votes with Labour.
Also unlike Steve Latimer and others, I have given you a flavour of the issue rather than just the headline title.
I will apologise now for the length of this post, but TRUTH WILL OUT - Despite those who would try to crush it for THEIR OWN GAIN.
22 03 2012
Vote adoption of LDO unanimous
(i) Adoption of Local Development Orders relating to Enterprise Zones
Those in favour:
Councillors C Akers-Belcher, S Akers-Belcher, Barclay, Brash, Cook, Cranney, Fenwick, Fleet, Griffin, Hall, Hill, James, Lauderdale, A Lilley, G Lilley, Maness, A Marshall, J W Marshall, Dr. Morris, Payne, Preece, Richardson, Robinson, Rogan, Shaw, Shields, Simmons, Sirs, Tempest, Thomas, Turner, Wells,Wilcox and Wright
Cllr. Gibbon was not present at the meeting   
Vote empty property purchase scheme unanimous bar E Wright
Those in favour:
Councillors C Akers-Belcher, S Akers-Belcher, Barclay, Brash, Cook, Cranney, Fenwick, Fleet, Griffin, Hall, Hill, James, Lauderdale, A Lilley, G Lilley, Maness, A Marshall, J W Marshall, Dr. Morris, Payne, Preece, Richardson, Robinson, Rogan, Shaw, Shields, Simmons, Sirs, Tempest, Thomas, Turner, Wells and Wilcox
Those against: Councillor Wright
Cllr. Gibbon was not present at the meeting

01 03 2012
Vote for report to be submitted re Jacksons landing project unanimous
Those in favour:
The Mayor, Stuart Drummond and Councillors C Akers-Belcher, S Akers-Belcher, Barclay, Brash, Cook, Cranney, Fenwick, Fleet, Gibbon, Griffin, Hall, Hill, Jackson, James, Lauderdale, Lawton, A Lilley, G Lilley, Loynes, Maness, A Marshall, J W Marshall, Dr. Morris, Payne, Preece, Richardson, Robinson, Rogan, Shields, Simmons, Sirs, Tempest, Thomas, H Thompson, P Thompson, Turner, Wells, Wilcox and Wright

Vote to accept police and fire precept only Turner and P Thompson voted against
There is no vote to accept the fire and police precept, the vote is to set the Council Tax which includes these amounts of money, the council has no authority to reject them

It was moved and seconded that:-
'The amount of Council Tax be approved including the Cleveland Police Authority and Cleveland Fire Authority precepts, in accordance with Section 40 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992 and the relevant inclusion of amounts of Council Tax for each category of dwelling.
Those in favour:
The Mayor, Stuart Drummond and Councillors C Akers-Belcher, S Akers-Belcher, Barclay, Brash, Cook, Cranney, Fenwick, Fleet, Gibbon, Griffin, Hall, Hill, Jackson, James, Lauderdale, Lawton, A Lilley, G Lilley, Loynes, Maness, A Marshall, J W Marshall, Dr. Morris, Payne, Preece, Richardson, Robinson, Rogan, Shields, Simmons, Sirs, Tempest, Thomas, H Thompson, Wells, Wilcox and Wright

Those against: Councillors P Thompson and Turner
STILL VOTING AGAINST ENGLISH MARTYRS!!!!!

Straight Talking

PART TWO
23 02 2012
Vote to make Richardson send letter on no confidence unanimous
Those in favour:
The Mayor, Stuart Drummond and Councillors C Akers-Belcher, Barclay, Cook, Cranney, Fenwick, Fleet, Fleming, Gibbon, Griffin, Hill, Ingham, James, Lauderdale, Lawton, A Lilley, G Lilley, Loynes, Maness, A Marshall, McKenna, Dr. Morris, Preece, Richardson, Robinson, Rogan, Shaw, Shields, Sirs,
Tempest, Thomas, H Thompson, P Thompson, Turner, Wells, Wilcox and Wright

Vote re monies for transport for English Martyrs School bus, unanimous
Those in favour:
The Mayor, Stuart Drummond and Councillors C Akers-Belcher, S Akers-Belcher, Barclay, Cranney, Fenwick, Fleet, Fleming, Gibbon, Hill, Ingham, James, Lauderdale, Lawton, A Lilley, G Lilley, Loynes, Maness, A Marshall, McKenna, Dr. Morris, Preece, Richardson, Robinson, Rogan, Shaw,Shields, Sirs, Tempest, Thomas, H Thompson, P Thompson, Turner, Wells, Wilcox and Wright

Vote 'that a further £125,000 of the Job Evaluation Appeal Reserve be utilised to maintain non-statutory denominational home to school transport and the remainder of the reserve be transferred to the General Fund' unanimous
(***) Those in favour of the recommendation: The Mayor, Stuart Drummond
Councillors C Akers-Belcher, S Akers-Belcher, Barclay, Cook, Cranney, Fenwick, Fleet, Fleming, Gibbon, Griffin, Hill, Ingham, James, Lauderdale, Lawton, A Lilley, G Lilley, Loynes, Maness,
A Marshall, McKenna, Dr. Morris, Preece, Richardson, Robinson, Rogan, Shaw, Shields, Sirs, Tempest, Thomas, H Thompson, P Thompson, Turner, Wells, Wilcox and Wright

Vote with other 4 torys to support Labours amendment to the budget
Those in favour:
Councillors C Akers-Belcher, S Akers-Belcher, Barclay, Cook, Cranney, Fenwick, Fleet, Griffin, Ingham, James, Lawton, Loynes, Maness, A Marshall, McKenna, Dr. Morris, Preece, Richardson, Robinson, Rogan, Shaw, Shields, Sirs, Tempest, Thomas, P Thompson, Turner, Wells, Wilcox and Wright
Those against the recommendation: The Mayor, Stuart Drummond
Councillors Fleming, Gibbon, Hill, Lauderdale, A Lilley, G Lilley and H Thompson
(***) This is called duplicity in my book. They voted in front of children, teachers and parents of English Martyrs for them to regain their free transport at a cost of £125,000 and then voted to not accept the budget they had just amended.

Vote Council resolves that any variation from the current Budget and Policy Framework and Financial Procedure rules must be considered and determined by full Council. Unanimous
Those in favour of the recommendation:
The Mayor, Stuart Drummond and Councillors C Akers-Belcher, S Akers-Belcher, Barclay, Cranney, Cook, Fenwick, Fleet, Fleming, Gibbon, Griffin, Hill, Ingham, James, Lauderdale, Lawton, G Lilley, Loynes, Maness, A Marshall, McKenna, Dr. Morris, Preece, Richardson, Robinson, Rogan, Shaw, Shields, Sirs, Tempest, Thomas, H Thompson, P Thompson, Turner, Wells, Wilcox and Wright

Those against the recommendation: Councillor A Lilley
I THINK SHE MADE A MISTAKE, BUT YOU NEVER KNOW!!!!

This just reinforces the decision of Council that if the Mayor wants access to extra cash he has to come to Council and ask for it – so they can say NO