Hartlepool First - So rattled they've gone cuckoo!

Started by The Shadow, May 01, 2012, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shadow

Hartlepool First - The political party who claim to want to put all petty squabling and personal attacks aside in the interest of Hartlepool, have yet again shown their hypocricy.

After finally realising he faces a humiliating defeat to the Labour party in Fens and Rossmere, Geoff Lilley is now spending his time (with the help of SteveL) producing and delivering a leaflet around the park area of Rural West, solely attacking Cllr Wells.

The leaflet, which has a picture of a cuckoo on it, tries to discredit Cllr Wells by stating he has voted the same way as the local Labour party 29 times out of 29! YES you read it correct folks, not 25 as they originally claimed on here, 29 so as to lie a little and make it sound more.

I would suggest that these two individuals spend more time campaigning in their own wards rather than wasting party funds and valuable time going on a personal vendetta. After all, remember how that went in Greatham last year Geoff? It brought your voters out in support of you. Shall we expect Cllr Wells to now get an even larger majority thanks to Hartlepool First? Let's hope so!

marky

Doesn't the extra 4 from 25 to 29 simply suggest that there have been 4 more votes since this topic was first mentioned on here? At least no one can say he's not consistent.  ;D
I think if people vote for a Tory, or someone from any other party for that matter, and they're lucky enough to win then those people are entitled to HAVE a Tory - someone who votes 29 times out of 29 with Labour may as well be in Labour.

Straight Talking

So Ray should vote against everything put forward by a Labour Councillor, even when it is valid and appropriate to the issue in hand.

I am sure that that would confirm his credentials, but it wouldn't necessarily be the right thing to do.

Hartlepool First expound that politics should be removed from local decision making and that the overriding driver should be local determination.
When this happens, they then spend money and time trying to re-insert the political divisions.

Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

But Hey Ho - Bring It on.

Donkey Kong

Quote from: marky on May 01, 2012, 04: PM
Doesn't the extra 4 from 25 to 29 simply suggest that there have been 4 more votes since this topic was first mentioned on here? At least no one can say he's not consistent.  ;D
I think if people vote for a Tory, or someone from any other party for that matter, and they're lucky enough to win then those people are entitled to HAVE a Tory - someone who votes 29 times out of 29 with Labour may as well be in Labour.

I thought that the "25 out of 25" was a blatant lie which they were trying to pass off as "spin"?  And that although he had voted the same as them 25 times it wasn't all 25 votes that he'd cast in council or even 25 consecutive votes, just that 25 of his votes out of however many had happened to be the same as those cast by the Labour group?

The Shadow

DK, I'm still waiting for them to publish a full list of all 25 votes. Lilley managed about 8 once after many hours of trawling minutes of council meetings he didn't attend.

Marky, No. They haven't 'just found another 4 hiding' somewhere.
Even if it was 25, how do they know that it's Wells voting with labour? Maybe labour have voted with Wells a few times. If the Lilly's ever turned up to council meetings other than full council when they know that the Mail will be present then they would know that Wells has helped shape many proposed votes.

Though turning up for those meetings may mean doing a bit of work.

Donkey Kong

Quote from: The Shadow on May 01, 2012, 04: PM
DK, I'm still waiting for them to publish a full list of all 25 votes. Lilley managed about 8 once after many hours of trawling minutes of council meetings he didn't attend.

So it's even more bollocks than what I originally thought!

Like I've asked on another thread, is there a law against telling lies in election material?

steveL

You're a bit slow off the mark, Ray. Loved the Winnie the Pooh PJs, BTW.

Actually, Marky, we're up to 30 now but the leaflets were printed too early to include the last one.

. . . and no, it's not a case of Labour agreeing with Wells; Wells doesn't propose anything and simply votes on Labour proposals put before him.

If I remember rightly, the Greatham leaflet last year was reputedly written by a semi-literate Labour councillor (anonymously, of course) and accused Lilley of woman bashing or something similar. Not easy to equate that with a leaflet with Lilleys name on the bottom simply informing people of the voting record of their cuckoo councillor which, incidentally, is fully detailed on the council website.

The pratt behind the Greatham nonsense used second-class stamps pinched from one of the 'voluntary sector' organisations - there's probably a grant application in to cover the loss at this very moment.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Ray Wells and the Tory's voting record, 29 out of 29 votes with the Labour Group.  He has never voted against the Labour Party in a recorded vote

22 03 2012
Vote adoption of LDO unanimous
Vote empty property purchase scheme unanimous bar E Wright

01 03 2012
Vote for report to be submitted re Jacksons landing project unanimous
Vote to accept police and fire precept only Turner and P Thompson voted against

23 02 2012
Vote to make Richardson send letter on no confidence unanimous
Vote re monies for transport for English Martyrs School bus, unanimous
Vote 'that a further £125,000 of the Job Evaluation Appeal Reserve be utilised to
maintain non-statutory denominational home to school transport and the
remainder of the reserve be transferred to the General Fund' unanimous
Vote with other 4 torys to support Labours amendment to the budget
Vote Council resolves that any variation from the current Budget and Policy Framework and Financial Procedure rules must be considered and determined by full Council. Unanimous

09 -2- 2012 
Voted to support Labours amendment to budget to include out sourceing Rev and Benefits and ICT, and £50K for Mad Dogs white goods scheme, all 4 torys supported the Labour Groups amendment.
Vote on Core Strategy all 4 torys voted for
Vote local development frame word unanimous
Vote any budget out turn to be placed in the general fund, torys voted with Labour, indys and mayor voted against.

8 -12-2011   
Vote Review of polling stations unanimous
Vote closure of Falcan road unanimous
Vote revision to local development scheme unanimous
Vote notice of motion re nation use of ceasarians in childbirth  no votes against
Vote on pct's and GP's being able to issue long term sick notes, 4 tory votes 4 other abstaintions.
Vote deferral of referendum unanimous

27 10 2011 
Vote on Youth Justice Strategy bill unanimous

08 09 2011
Vote of no confidence in NT&H NHS trust unanimous vote, 
Vote on appointment to standards Committee unanimous vote.

25 08 2011
Loynes, Morris and Wells vote with all others except J Marshal, extraordinary meeting re Bailey to be acting CE.

04 -8 2011
Vote to support Health Scrutiny forum in review and support of retaining Hospital services, Wells  (4 torys) unanimous.
Vote on the 'hear n Hartlepool' petition (kicked into touch) all 4 tory's voted with the Labour group.
Vote on the minerals strategy  unanimous
Vote giving HBC permission to proceed with Jackson's landing 4 tory votes for indys against
10 02 2011
Voted with all other Councillors, vote to accept the Mid Term budget
24 02 2011
Voted that 'This Council therefore urges our own MP Iain Wright and his fellow MPs for Middlesbrough, Stockton on Tees, Darlington, Redcar and Easington
not to support an increase in the EU budget.  Wells votes with the rest of HB Council
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Shadow

That's 10 Steve. Want to keep going?

As I said earlier. Don't you think your time is better spent campaigning in the wards you are standing in? Talking to and listening to the concerns of the residents you hope to represent?

Obviously not! Well you have shown that HF is all about petty political point scoring and NOT about putting Hartlepool First after all. What a surprise.

Hartlepool Independents - Putting Personal Vendettas First

u

Gough00

I cant see the problem showing the residents how the person in question has voted

dangerman

I understand that when leaflets were being delivered around the Park Ward on the Hospital Closure the person posting them was threatened by Cllr Ray Wells.

Has anyone delivering election leaflets had the same reponse?

dangerman

Gough00

mk1

As an observer:
I see a panic striken attempt to try and rescue Well's from the results of his inactivity.
Given the strength of the  reaction here (by Ray Well's Shadow) I would say this is the area where he knows he is  weakest. When you  lash out like this then you must really be in trouble.

notinshadow

Dangerman that might not be true, this is how I understand it to have been.

R.W. wife was given grief at the school while picking her kid/kids up about it..R.W. was rightly pis*ed about it, as you or I would be.

Shadow and DK I agree with the voting bit.. he might have voted 29 out of 29..or so..but how many votes in total has he voted..it's not 29..they are cherry picked that and that seems somewhat unfair in my view but politics is a dirty business, so that is that.

I could be wrong, if I am please show me how/where.