Moderation

Started by Straight Talking, May 01, 2012, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Straight Talking

Seemingly my posts are now being monitored and if found to include anything which is not  provable will not be permitted onto the site.
So much for freedom of speech.
It seems that those who are attacking Labour Councillors with evidence which in some cases is also inaccurate or without evidence to substantiate it, are free to publish with impunity.

I have received the following email from Admin

"You posts have been switched to pre-moderation after your accusation that Cllr Lilley had been guilty of benefit fraud.

We took the time to check this out with Cllr Lilley and it has proved to be entirely without foundation. Cllr Lilley informed us that he was once reported to Crown House, when the DHSS offices were located there and he was called in as part of the investigation. At the end of that investigation, he was informed that he had no case to answer and that he should forget about the whole matter. I notice in your own post that you acknowledge that he has never been found guilty of any such wrong doing.

It's fairly easy to believe the version of events of a sitting Councillor rather than someone who thinks nothing of breaching his responsibility for confidentiality or worse still, someone who makes such an accusation on the basis of second-hand information received from someone who has done so.

You are free to go on posting on the forum if you so wish. However, any posts will now be monitored for similar unfounded accusations."

marky

I don't quite get this. If your posts are now being held before release then doesn't that mean the one you've just posted has also been 'released'? an doesn't that suggest that admin is quite happy to be critcised him/herself.
As for the other bit, if that's a reference to Manor Residents then we all had a look at that second year of accounts so I really don't know what you're on about. It's there (or was) in black and white for all to see. 

Straight Talking

I don't see why you should assume that my comment was about Manor Residents, as I can assure you it was not.

It was a general comment that Labour Councillors seem to be open to accusation, even when there is no evidence, whilst others seem to be protected by Admin.

and if Admin has chosen to refute the accusation on behalf of Councillor Lilley why didn't Geoff just say so weeks ago.

notinshadow

S.T.

Don't worry about it, I have seen it all before..let them get on with it.

For by the by some of the comments made by Lord Liley in the past.

If someone like me gets to post some of the comments I do, it's a bit unfair to say your over censored really.

Fatboy, I like reading your posts and your warped ideas so crack on..

By the way can I have a B.L.T. please and a can of coke.

notinshadow

A police state  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It was sick and they used common sense.

notinshadow

O come on..I don't even want to think about it..it was grime and anyone watching such a film clearly needs some walks in the countryside.

Julie noted

perseus, my daughter read that post and she said it made her feel sick and I for one, am not happy with you, or the graphic descriptions entailed.   >:(

"It's just a film" you say.
It is a film that would never get a 'general release' and therefore should not have been put on this site.....it does have younger readers you know.

Well done to HTH for removing it.

perseus, you can do better than resorting to such rubbish.

steveL

HTH isn't a film review site. The only thing your write up told me, Perseus is that you need to get out more . . .
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Not allegory but far too gory!

steveL

read it? I watch it every month at the council meeting
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Straight Talking

Quote from: LookslikeTORYagain on May 01, 2012, 06: PM
S.T.

If someone like me gets to post some of the comments I do, it's a bit unfair to say your over censored really.

Thanks for the support, but you are definitely wrong with identity, but never mind keep fishing.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: perseus on May 01, 2012, 07: PM
Was it? Why? It's just a film.
So would you apply the same logic to Mein Kampf, after all, it's just a book ....?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

notinshadow

Quote from: Straight Talking on May 01, 2012, 11: PM
Quote from: LookslikeTORYagain on May 01, 2012, 06: PM
S.T.

Thanks for the support, but you are definitely wrong with identity, but never mind keep fishing.

Well of course you would say that, I am still waiting for you to door knock me as promised, I have waited days..

Straight Talking

LLTA - I am sure that you appreciate that I have been extremely busy these past few weeks.

I will see you tonight at the Count
What a pity that you won't know which one is me!

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: perseus on May 03, 2012, 06: AM
Riddler, in an ideal world everyone should be free to write whatever opinion they like safe in the knowledge that people were smart enough to evaluate the literature and decide if they agree or disagree. But we don't.
We live in a world in which it is frightening easy to manipulate people by words alone.

You've missed the point of my centipede post altogether.
No I haven't.... the analogy is blatantly obvious, but you seem to have deviated from the original we were discussing and totally failed to notice.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.