Labour Wins Headland

Started by Steely Dan, May 05, 2017, 06: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steely Dan

I'm told the good doctor has triumphed. I'm delighted if it's true. We need more intelligent people as councillors.

Steely Dan

In other good news the UKIP wipeout has started. They've lost ALL of the 30 seats they were defending.

I'm delighted. Is it too early to crack open a small beer?

jeffh

Quote from: Steely Dan on May 05, 2017, 06: AM
I'm told the good doctor has triumphed. I'm delighted if it's true. We need more intelligent people as councillors.
If that's the case let's hope he can start change from within - otherwise we have a real problem in Hartlepool  >:(

steveL

Quote from: gerek on May 05, 2017, 06: AM
If that's the case let's hope he can start change from within - otherwise we have a real problem in Hartlepool  >:(

The full result is as follows:
Chris Broadbent - Conservatives - 210 votes
Tom Cassidy - (UKIP) - 532 votes
Mike McLaughlin - Labour Party - 555 votes
Lucy Patterson - Independent - 69 votes
The current make-up of Hartlepool Council is now Labour (19), UKIP (6), Independent (3), Local Conservatives (3) and Putting Hartlepool First (2).
The turnout for the by-election was 24.4%
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

In other good news the UKIP wipeout has started. They've lost ALL of the 30 seats they were defending.

I'm delighted. Is it too early to crack open a small beer?
You'd best crack it open now, because the way the results are going you might
as we'll celebrate restraining  a Labour seat by 20+ votes.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

akarjl

You missed out the bit about " with balls and morals"

the jury is out if mama scabs is celebrating I don't have much hope of him having any effect on the Kremlin other than bending over for cwissie n co. Let's see if he reads this forum and has the balls to take action.

Inspector Knacker

The one good thing about this election is that finally there'll be someone there to explain big words and hard sums to the rest of them.

Land Phil

"He will be a great asset' ...what is he then. A bully, liar, fraudster, nodding donkey ?

steveL

I'm afraid he won't amount to anything unless he is prepared to stand up for the right to have his own opinion and vote accordingly.

We'll spend the next couple of months with our fingers crossed - we should know by then.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Land Phil

I am just waiting for the headline now where Labour make claims that we have an A&E doctor working in the town again (all be it, in the civic).

Will people be waiting in the corridor on a trolley for 4 hours when he holds his first "surgery".

On a more serious note, isn't HBC supposed to scrutinise health services, so isn't he a massive conflict of interest?

jeffh

Quote from: Land Phil on May 05, 2017, 08: AM
so isn't he a massive conflict of interest?
............so what's new?

jeffh

Quote from: steveL on May 05, 2017, 08: AM
I'm afraid he won't amount to anything unless he is prepared to stand up for the right to have his own opinion and vote accordingly.

We'll spend the next couple of months with our fingers crossed - we should know by then.
I got the impression that the councillor he replaces jumped ship because of the present set up - he has 2 years to decide if the job's what it's cracked up to be

fred c

Being a Doctor, he might be able to transplant new spines into the likes of Clarke, Lindridge, Thomas, Harrison et al........time will tell, but to be fair to the fella, he could well surprise us all...... even the SCABS & Co.

Inspector Knacker

So no parking charges for the headland now ?