Interesting Conv About the newly Elected Dr on Alan Clark's Wall

Started by jawsbbc, May 06, 2017, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jawsbbc

Congratulations to Labour's Dr Mike McLaughlin on winning the Headland & Harbour By-Election
LikeShow More ReactionsComment
46 Bryn Flicker, Maeve Cuthbertson and 44 others
Comments
Dave Hunter
Dave Hunter Well done Mike and all that supported him.
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 2 · 4 May at 19:20
Stephen Picton
Stephen Picton 23 votes in it wasn't it mate
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 1 · 4 May at 19:32
Stephen Guttridge
Stephen Guttridge Vote NF
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 2 · Yesterday at 01:47
Ian Henson
Ian Henson Vote for gibbon
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 1 · Yesterday at 06:50
Stephen Guttridge
Stephen Guttridge Gibbon Gibbon & Gibbon
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 23 hrs

Jim Doherty
Jim Doherty Well done Mike McLaughlin our new Labour Councillor in Hartlepool Headland and Harbour.. Mike was made for this seat.
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 1 · Yesterday at 02:14
James Black
James Black Is he a sheep or a shepherd?
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · Yesterday at 02:50
Alan Clark
Alan Clark Neither he is a Doctor
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 4 · Yesterday at 03:06
James Black
James Black Doctor or Consultant?
Like · Reply · Yesterday at 03:07
Alan Clark
Alan Clark Ask him he is a council colleague now
Like · Reply · 1 · Yesterday at 03:22

Jim Doherty
Jim Doherty Mike is the new Labour councillor.. get over that.
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 2 · Yesterday at 03:09
James Black
James Black Get over what Jim? I am simply asking if he is going to follow the regime or stand up to the poor decision making made by few
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 1 · Yesterday at 03:10
Jim Doherty
Jim Doherty I presume that if Mike had not won you would not have made a comment to Alan. If you belong to a political party you will know tbat there has to be discipline if the party is to carry out the programme it put to the voters.
Like · Reply · 2 · Yesterday at 03:18
James Black
James Black As a friend of Alan's and a fellow Councillor not political affiliated (previously Labour) and someone who has had quite a few political conversations with Alan I do believe he welcomes comments. Would I have commented on his post if UKIP had won, probably, I'm no fan as most are aware. As for party discipline, I understand, however when party discipline and judgements are made by the wrong people for the wrong reasons then you need strong councillors to stand up and say this is wrong! Alan knows exactly what I'm talking about.
Like · Reply · Yesterday at 03:23
Jim Doherty
Jim Doherty You are a strange friend. If you were patronising me like you do Alan you would not be my friend for long. Nor would you use Facebook to carry on a conversation with me. You don't understand party discipline at all since you should know that Labour Group makes decisions in committee and all are heard and listened to. The charge you make about the wrong people making decisions for the wrong reasons is a lie and you should know better. Alan is a strong councillir and plays his full part in the Group.
Like · Reply · 2 · Yesterday at 03:38
James Black
James Black Sorry Jim where have I patronised Alan? I've known Alan before we were both Councillors, and our political beliefs are not far from each other's, over the years myself and Alan have shared beers, conversations and I would call Alan a mate. We have banter and craic, but I don't make patronising comments. I do know Labour Group party discipline and I do know Alan is a strong Councillor. I don't deny any of these things. If you believe that party decisions in the Hartlepool Labour Group are made by all councillors having an input, you are wholly mistaken. I know this because I have spoken to the Good Group members in Hartlepool Labour Group, I have seen the unhappiness of a local labour group that I was part of prior to me going independent. One of the biggest reasons I went Indy.

Anyway work calls so I will have to finish this conversation later, by all means drop me a message and we can talk all things Hartlepool Labour Group if you wish.
Like · Reply · Yesterday at 04:19
Jim Doherty
Jim Doherty I was a group observer to the Labour Group for years up to the last AGM in Feb. I attended every Group meeting in those years. I never saw or heard what you allege. You are mischievous and at worse a betrayer of condidences. I was also a member of the EC and GC and woder why the unhappiness you refer to was not raised by the ward you refer to.
Like · Reply · 1 · Yesterday at 04:28 · Edited
James Black
James Black Hi Jim, mischievous, absolutely not, reporting what I and others have been told, definitely. And not at all a betrayer of Confidence. Those individuals know I would never mention their names or associate them. Everyone on the Independent side of the chamber want the right decisions to be made for the town and many members of the group also do. Unfortunately a small minority are more inclined to feather their own nest and hit back at anything that is said from the other side.

As for the unhappiness not being raised by the ward group, no idea, from the report that was relayed back about the issue that was discussed at the time the unhappiness was made fully aware during the group meeting.
Like · Reply · Yesterday at 04:46
Jim Doherty
Jim Doherty James you are anti Labour so mischievous. Keep your own house in order. It is an easy charge to lay that people are only in the Counsel for personal reasons. You won't be of course. If you have evidence for your charge you have a duty to see that action is taken.
Did you read that I attended every Group meeting for three years and heard every debate and I have listened to all of them and I would have remembered .i have no way of knowing whether what you were told happened was really the case.
You grossly misjudge the Labour party if you think that they don't want the right decisions to be made. When you are in the minority it is tempting to think that the majority is just there to thwart your will. You just don' have the voting power and the voters have just endorsed another Labour candidate. That is life.
Like · Reply · 1 · Yesterday at 05:45
James Black
James Black Anti Labour, not at all. I've voted Labour all my life, I was a Union Learning Rep for HBC (one of the first), a Young Members officer in unison in HBC and SBC, Membership Officer for SBC Unison. All Labour led.

My own house is in order as an Independent, I represent my constituents who voted me in. I don't vote how someone else tells me, regardless if it's detrimental to the my own constituents.

A duty of action in the Labour Party, yes tell me how the investigation is going into a certain Councillor who attended a civic event whilst telling his employer he was on the sick?

Tell me what the reasons were behind the group deciding it wasn't the right decisions to have public questions recorded online including the reasons for them being declined?

At local elections I'll always prefer the independent candidate saying that, I'd prefer a 'proper' Labour candidate over UKIP. Something that I was trying to establish at the start of this whole conversation. Is Dr Mike going to stand up to the whip when he didn't agree?
Like · Reply · Yesterday at 06:18
Jim Doherty
Jim Doherty Sounds like you need to be independent where you don't need to debate and compromise in irder for a decision to be made.
Your confession about your past TU activity and Labour party membership is supposed to tell me what? That you are not a team player which you have to be if the Party has to make progress. I am even more convinced that you use Alan to lend some credibility to your role as a councillor. Every councillor represents the constituents who votes him/her in. I am looking forward to Doctor Mike playing a full active part in the life of the council. He will take psrt in debate and like the good democrat that he is he will accept tbe majority verdict which you seem to find unacceptable.
What is it to you about the internal workings of the Labour party which you left anyway?
Why do you not read the minutes of the Council meeting about public questions? Or are you suggesting you have insider information about the debate? I can assure you there was no reason for the decision other than to allow Council business to be processed without undue delay.
Like · Reply · Yesterday at 06.18

Nicola Jayne Moir
Nicola Jayne Moir I unfortunately didn't register in time to vote, however, I'm so glad the person I would have voted for got in!
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 2 · Yesterday at 03:13
Catherine Thompson
Catherine Thompson Talking about registering. I forgot to sent in my postal vote for the teesside mayoral election ? so I handed it in at my polling station. I didn't realise I could do that. Great news to have a doctor on board. I will definitely have my postal vote in on time to vote for Mike Hill.
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 2 · Yesterday at 03:38
Robbie Payne
Robbie Payne Pass on my congratulations Alan please
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 1 · Yesterday at 05:32
Carl Richardson
Carl Richardson Great Victory for Labour and the beginning of the end for UKIP in Hartlepool
LikeShow More Reactions · Reply · 3 · 23 hrs

jeffh

Is Jim Doherty an anagram for Christopher Akers Belcher - I must be going dyslexic because the similarities are uncanny

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

If you go back and read Alan Clark's comment when he was a member here you will soon find out what he really thinks about the SCABs. It 'aint what he is saying now!

http://www.forum.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/index.php/topic,909.msg11302.html#msg11302

fred c

I noticed the question into the Non Investigation into the circumstances of Lying Ste's sacking for gross industrial mis-conduct from Newcastle City Council was body swerved.

Just as well there wasn't a question about Ex-Labour Councillor Willox's antics at Manor Residents, I also seem to remember Cllrs Beck and S Akers Belcher being Trustees of that charity.

Then of course, a full Town Hall bore witness to Cllr Crany subjecting a grandmother to misogynistic and sexual abuse, not a very savoury attitude for an elected official to display in front of several hundred residents.

As a matter of interest did they discuss those 3 incidents in committee and then decide not to do anything about any of them....... I think thats when the Whip really needed to be used.

fred c

Quote from: mk1 on May 06, 2017, 04: PM
If you go back and read Alan Clark's comment when he was a member here you will soon find out what he really thinks about the SCABs. It 'aint what he is saying now!

http://www.forum.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/index.php/topic,909.msg11302.html#msg11302

Shame really, I have met and spoken to Alan on occasion and I really held out hope that he would stand up to the CAB Cabal....... 12 months ago I thought Alan Clarke, Jim Lindridge, Peter Jackson, Steven Thomas, Sylvia Tempest and several others would stand firm and restore true Labour values to the Hartlepool Council Chamber.

mk1

When I asked Ged Hall about the chaos inside Labour he told me I was wrong and that CAB was the best leader they ever had. I am sure he thinks different now and hope he was lying to me then because he  suspected I was an informer.

jawsbbc

MK1If you go back and read Alan Clark's comment when he was a member here you will soon find out what he really thinks about the SCABs. It 'aint what he is saying now!

http://www.forum.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/index.php/topic,909.msg11302.html#msg11302 WONDER IF HIS LEADER CHRISSY HAS READ WHAT HE THOUGHT OF HIM JUST GOES TO SHOW YOU WHAT A**E LICKERS THEY ARE

jeffh

So this will be the same Alan Clark who is now chair of Childrens' Services increasing his allowance to about £12,000 per year - could that be why he's now one of Kwissie's obedient servants?

jawsbbc

Posted by: gerek
« on: Today at 08:24 PM » Insert Quote
So this will be the same Alan Clark who is now chair of Childrens' Services increasing his allowance to about £12,000 per year - could that be why he's now one of Kwissie's obedient servants? THINK SO GEREK
FULL LIEBOUR LOT ARE CORRUPT  SICKENS ME
WORKED HARD ALL MY LIFE  AND STILL DO
  THE LIKES OF THE LABOUR LOT  SAT ON THEIR FAT A**** GETTING PAID FOR NOWT