Hartlepool Conservitive/Labour Joint Party

Started by Tommy, November 08, 2014, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommy

I just wonder if the National/Regional Conservative Party know of Cllr Well's (and all the other Conservative Clls in town) obvious coalition of joining forces with Hartlepool's Labour Party and the strategy that the Hartlepool Conservative Party have of voting along with Labour on every decision?

for fawkes sake

Shane Moore has made a couple of suggestions on here that something has happened to change this but he seems reluctant to say what that may be. Perhaps he could enlighten us or is it so secret that no one has yet told the three conservative councillors. Looking at how the Meadowcroft application turned out, it seems to me that its 'business' as usual.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

one direction

Why would the national party care? Political parties operate a clear triage system for seats. The seats they will win anyway (Labour in the majority of North East Seats) then they do nothing, why waste resources and efort when you don't need to. Seats they will lose anyway (Tories in the majority of North East Seats) then they also do nothing, why waste resources and efort when you won't get anything for it. So the Tories couldn't care less about Hartlepool and Labour just take it for granted.

The seats were the effort and attention are focused are the ones where the current MP is vunerable. The party holding the seat (Tories Stockton South for example) want to keep it but the other party want to take it off them. Why do you think North Tees Hospital still survives? Labour didn't want to close it while they held the seat and the Tories are desperate to "save" it while they have the seat.

So Hartlepool Tories could be engaging in homosexual orgies in the council chamber with the Labour leadership while wearing the civic robes and using the mayoral chains in bondage sessions and the national partry couldn't care less! Why should they? What harm is it going to do to the Tories already none existent chances of winning Hartlepool?

steveL

Shane seems to be suggesting that people should stick with voting Tory because NEXT time you might get some real Tories. I don't think that amounts to much of an election pitch myself. The problem is with the current three councillors in the council chamber and until that's fixed no one is going to take Shane seriously. It's probably academic anyway because the Tories have settled down to their position of returning 3 councillors in Rural West and seem happy with that.

When you think about it, it wouldn't suit the cosy, coalition arrangement with Labour if the Tories mounted any real, concerted campaign to win Labour wards. Their role outside of Rural West is therefore confined to splitting the anti-Labour vote.

I can't imagine that the national office is particularly impressed with such a low level of ambition but I guess it's all about whether Wells' main ambition lies with advancement of the Conservative cause or with the advancement of his own and I think we all know the answer to that.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Tommy

SteveL I really think that if people were made aware, the people that vote Conservative naturally as a done thing that Hartlepool's Conservative Cllr's have an alliance that them may just tick a box in May of another choice other than Con/Lab. I really think Cllr Wells is headstrong that he is doing right to keep seats, however only May will tell.

steveL

Sorry Tommy but I really struggled to follow that. My view has always been the same on Rural West in that if the majority of people up there voted Tory then it's only right that they should get a proper Tory like Shane and not some carpet bagger like Wells.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

beanzontoast

Rural West might be a good ward for UKIP to have a stab at in May, which one of them is up for re election,  it might be Ray

beanzontoast

Stevel and Tommy are exactly right on this one they have no intention of moving from their bunker in rural west,  don't think they have any more torys than Shane he does look left out of things, they can offer he runs as MP, or if he runs in a ward he just splits the vote.

DRiddle

Looks to me like a discussion about a the local Lab/Con coalition has some how come around to UKIP supporters talking about UKIP.

beanzontoast