Seaton Carew Wind Turbines - Ugly, costly, unenergetic and will bloat landscape

Started by Phil UKIP, November 03, 2014, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil UKIP

I oppose the proposed Wind Turbines at Seaton Carew. These wind turbines which are planned at Graythorp Industrial Estate, Brenda Road West Industrial Estate and Tofts Road West will be the tallest wind turbines in the country at a height of 677 foot. I don't believe people want wind turbines at all but certainly not ones this big.

The problem with wind turbines is they look ugly, cost allot of money, create hardly any energy and bloat the landscape. Wind turbines are not a serious long term fix to our energy gap. I can't understand this obsession with wind turbines we are an island surely tidal power would be a far better greener option.

UKIP supports a diverse energy market including coal, nuclear, shale gas, geo-thermal, tidal, solar, conventional gas and oil. There will be no new subsidies for wind farms and solar arrays. UKIP will abolish green taxes and charges in order to reduce fuel bills.

Phillip Broughton – UKIP PPC for Hartlepool

DRiddle

All very interesting, but barely relevant in terms of you winning the seat next May.

A more productive thing for you to do in terms of galvanising public opinion (and support) would be to organise your current UKIP councillors and give them some direction.

In 6 months we've largely seen abstentions on very important issues and a verbal contribution within the chamber that makes Jean Robinson look talkative.

If people are genuinely going to vote for 'change', they need to see action at grass roots level from your party.

That starts with your ward councillors. 

The Great Dictator

mk1

Are UKIP going to end the billions and billions given in subsidy(aka Nuclear Tax) to the Nuclear Industry?

steveL

I'm curious, Phil. Have your two UKIP Councillors been told to stay schtum in case they say something silly and c**k up your own chances of ousting Wrighty? I'm hearing of one of them spouting off against the Seaton housing development and claiming that it will be 'full of immigrants'.

Come to think of it, Robbie Payne does have a Polish look about him.  :o
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

" I can't understand this obsession with wind turbines we are an island surely tidal power would be a far better greener option."

We're also the windiest county in Europe. Removing green subsidies will force the energy companies to fall back on the cheapest source of energy - coal - which is also the dirtiest. It stops being so cheap if coal fired power stations are forced to incorporate carbon capture technology. 'The Market' simply doesn't work when the issues are bigger than their own bottom line.

So it's down to whether you believe if something should be done about greenhouse gases and global warming. As I remember, UKIP deny the existence of both.

Even the Chinese are now decommissioning their coal-fired power stations and investing in greener alternatives at a pace so when will UKIP catch up with the Chinese? (remember, those are the foreigners with slitty eyes).
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Land Phil

I am a fan of the wind turbines out at sea but think the proposed ones at Seaton are offensive and ridiculous.

The survey failed to take into account new housing developments that will be affected.

Shale gas, assume you mean fracking and gasification etc.

No way do I want that under my home so no vote from me.

Give me sustainable any day over polluted water table, subsidence, out of control burning etc.

Fossil fuels are not sustainable so why keep talking as though they are the solution forever.

Where will the tidal power come from without green taxes ?

Making short term fixes look loke long term plans is one of the reasons this country is in such a mess ...finances ...NHS ...employment ...housing ...energy

beanzontoast

Over to you DRiddle, all very interesting stuff from yourself, there have been several councillors who have blown about much hot air in the chamber, in the case of the mayor to stand down hes still there so what effect have you had, the UKIP Councillors may be aware of two important points, 1. until the voting power of the 19 plus 3 conservatives is reduced, not much forward motion for the amount of hot air produced, better to wait for ballot box in May, much better and 2. I happen to know membership of UKIP in the Hartlepool branch is on the up and many are not asking for info about UKIP. They just want membership forms and when asked they say its because of the Mayor,  so much better the Mayor stays where he is and keeps on doing what he does best, it would seem the UKIP councillor's are ahead of the game and sometimes silence is golden.

DRiddle

Quoteit would seem the UKIP councillor's are ahead of the game

Possibly the funniest thing I've read on here in quite some time.

Beanzontoast, what part exactly did the UKIP councillors play in trying to remove the Mayor? Please enlighten me, I'm all ears.

steveL

Quote from: beanzontoast on November 03, 2014, 02: PM
Over to you DRiddle, all very interesting stuff from yourself, there have been several councillors who have blown about much hot air in the chamber, in the case of the mayor to stand down hes still there so what effect have you had, the UKIP Councillors may be aware of two important points, 1. until the voting power of the 19 plus 3 conservatives is reduced, not much forward motion for the amount of hot air produced, better to wait for ballot box in May, much better and 2. I happen to know membership of UKIP in the Hartlepool branch is on the up and many are not asking for info about UKIP. They just want membership forms and when asked they say its because of the Mayor,  so much better the Mayor stays where he is and keeps on doing what he does best, it would seem the UKIP councillor's are ahead of the game and sometimes silence is golden.

What a weird post.

This seems to suggest that not speaking up and highlighting the now untenable position of the Mayor is the best way of reducing the number of Labour councillors in May. How does that work exactly?

It's only by raising such things in the council chamber that the public are made aware of such situations which they can then take into account when they vote. If everyone adopted the silent approach adopted by UKIP then the public would get to know nothing.

Silence is Golden? What a hum-dinger of a policy that makes for a party that is supposed to form part of the opposition. Crackpots, every one.

Remind me sometime to tell the story of how George Springer didn't even know who Angie Wilcox was ...... now there's a switched on guy  :o

Mican

Quote from: steveL on November 03, 2014, 11: AM

Even the Chinese are now decommissioning their coal-fired power stations and investing in greener alternatives at a pace so when will UKIP catch up with the Chinese? (remember, those are the foreigners with slitty eyes).

More than 1,000 coal-fired power plants are being planned worldwide, new research has revealed.

The huge planned expansion comes despite warnings from politicians, scientists and campaigners that the planet's fast-rising carbon emissions must peak within a few years if runaway climate change is to be avoided and that fossil fuel assets risk becoming worthless if international action on global warming moves forward.

Coal plants are the most polluting of all power stations and the World Resources Institute (WRI) identified 1,200 coal plants in planning across 59 countries, with about three-quarters in China and India. The capacity of the new plants add up to 1,400GW to global greenhouse gas emissions, the equivalent of adding another China – the world's biggest emitter. India is planning 455 new plants compared to 363 in China,

It would seem your undoubted dislike for everything UKIP is blinkering your views.

Cunning people these people with slitty eyes, fooled everyone.

steveL

Why are you so bothered? According to UKIP climate change is a myth.

China on world's 'biggest push' for wind power
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-25623400

China clean air plan to slow coal consumption
http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/Global/usa/planet3/PDFs/media/China%20clean%20air%20plan%20to%20slow%20coal%20consumption.pdf

China Reduces Coal Consumption
http://www.ieefa.org/reduced-consumption/

Take your pic. They're also the biggest investors in carbon capture which I expect they will use for their new coal powered power stations while they continue to decommission their old ones.

Even with their 'slitty eyes' their eyes appear to be wide open compared to some. Incidentally, the Chinese investment in turbine manufacturing has led to turbines that don't need a gearbox which means the costs of maintenance is much lower. Once they start exporting them then all the arguments about high maintenance costs will disappear.

Stranger in a Strange ...

Mican

Quote from: steveL on November 03, 2014, 04: PM
Why are you so bothered?

More than 1,000 coal-fired power plants are being planned worldwide, new research has revealed.  363 in China, while the greenies want to shut ours down with the loss of who knows how many jobs, bills going up to pay for the green projects, meanwhile I repeat, 1,000 coal-fired power plants are being planned worldwide while ours are being closed down bills going up and you ask me why I am bothered.  But never mind if push comes to shove the Green party can unleash the wind and sun they have stored.