Europe Gets it Wrong - Again

Started by marky, December 01, 2012, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marky

Tough luck today if you happen to be a young woman driver. You insurance premiums are set to rise 40% because our friends in Brussels have decided that to offer different insurance premiums to young men/women is against equality law even though statistically, young men are far more likely to be involved in an accident - a statistic that few would disagree with I think. A fairly straight forward case of fairness being sacrificed in the name of political correctness.

mk1

Statisticaly it costs more to deliver a letter to Shetland than in does in London W1.
I think it is outrageous that the Post Office should not be able to  charge 30p for a London delivery and 5 quid for a Shetland delivery.
Why are they discriminating against Londoners?

A fairly straight forward case of fairness being sacrificed in the name of political correctness.

Why do I have to pay for other peoples kids to get educated?
Why am I being discriminated against?

Another  fairly straight forward case of fairness being sacrificed in the name of political correctness.

You get my drift.....................

mk1

Quote from: kipperdip on December 13, 2012, 08: AM
MK1 - It's not that you don't 'get it', it's that you categorically refuse to understand what's being said.  Every time - without exeption - that there is any criticism of the EU and its anti-democratic dealings you turn handsprings to defend it.
In this topic the subject is young women drivers being punished via their insurance premiums to pay an artificially created price hike to appease the great god 'equality' - regardless of facts and statistics.

This topic is NOT about the price of a stamp, or the fact that income tax is applied on an egalitarian basis.
It will have escaped no one's attention that whenever the EU is caught 'bang to rights' there is an automatic reflex action on your part to change the subject as you scurry to defend the indefensible.

Returning to the point in hand, do you consider it 'FAIR' that in one fell swoop the European Commission which is elected by, and answers to no electorate, can dictate to the British Insurance Industry that as from a given date women are to have their insurance premiums uplifted by an average of 40%?

Or, would you rather go off at yet another tangent?

Yep completely falied to see the point again. This obsession with 'Yourope' will be the death of you.

I suppose next you will want to find a way to charge the whole cost of the fire service on those people who let their houses catch fire?

Talking of DEMOCRACY will you condem the union jack clad thugs who  have refused to accept the DEMOCRATICALLY elected council's decision not to fly a flag 365 days a year?
Do you think these thugs should accept the DEMOCRATIC decision of the council and  stop rioting.
After all al it was a  DEMOCRATIC vote!!!!

Ryehill

Ten years ago Eurosceptics were classed as extremists. Today it is the Europhiles who are classed as the extremists.
           It hasn't got anything to do with the topic but I just thought I would share that snippet with you.

mk1

Quote from: Ryehill on December 14, 2012, 11: AM
          Ten years ago Eurosceptics were classed as extremists. Today it is the Europhiles who are classed as the extremists.
           It hasn't got anything to do with the topic but I just thought I would share that snippet with you.

It has more to do with the Tory Party trying to placate its loony wing. Scared to death that UKIP will hive of the complete nutters in its ranks (and thus allow in Labour. Remember Labour? The party claimed to be unelectable for the next 10 years?) Cameron  is making promises he knows he can never fulfil.
Those who expect the rest of Europe will cave in and give the UK even a 10th of what they want are delusional. Cameron knows full well that trying to demand what the  loons want will result in him being told to leave and he will never ever do that.
He might say it but his paymasters are never going to allow him that freedom.
As for me I expected to be shafted either way.
However I delight in sticking pins in the mindless moronic 'we are British and we are special' turds that keep getting dropped on HTH.
The  'Yuropean' hating  dingbats are a constant source of amusement. They twist every single issue into an anti-Brussels tirade and it is comical to watch the most innocuous  bit of news being  turned into some deep anti-British, anti-Christian, anti-democratic, Moslem loving soviet style plot to steal our women and eat our babies.

By the way the anti Europe camp thought they were going to win the last vote we had on this issue as well................................