Children taken away because you vote the wrong way

Started by SRMoore, November 24, 2012, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRMoore

I find this story absolutely disgusting and I hope those responsible are brought to account before this starts a very, very dangerous precident.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKAIo7MvJZM&sns=tw

rabbit

I have never considered UKIP to be a party which promotes racial discrimination.

They want us out of the E.U. and wish the UK to have more of a control of immigration from Europe.

But racist-No.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/9700001/Council-defends-taking-foster-children-away-from-UKIP-members.html

norfolkngoode

>:(Sort of unbelivable but yet not surprising story really. It seems anything goes in this ultra PC backward country of ours.

The lunatics really have taken over the asylum.

Having no political affiliation but having voted UKIP in the past, does this make me racist?

'They don't like it up em'

SRMoore

In Rotherham it would seem so. Just hope nobody works out who you are or you'll have your children and dog removed!

steveL

Timing is everything in these matters and Mr Milliband must be banging his head on the table over this. The Rotherham by-election is due next Thursday. Labour were already up against it after their own sitting MP, Dennis MacShane, was forced to resign following an expenses fiddle. Mr MacShane, Labour MP for the South Yorkshire town since 1994, stepped down on 2 November after he wrongly claimed at least £7,500 in expenses. A Parliamentary committee found he had submitted 19 false invoices which were "plainly intended to deceive" Parliament's expenses authority.

Now we have the apparently Politically Correct bent of the local authority going beserk which is bound to result in a public reaction to this nonsense.

Combine the two together and I think we're looking at a significant electoral bounce for UKIP - perhaps even enough to win them the seat. There is nothing more significantly important to UKIP at the moment than winning that first Westminster seat and it would be ironic if it should be brought about by the actions of a Labour MP and a Labour local authority.

Expect a rapid U-turn on the fostering issue as Labour try to recover the situation before next Thursday.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

beanzontoast

This will prove to be a massive own goal for Labour and a Labour controlled council, especially a bye election week in Rotherham no less, the tv crews, and Sky news are already out in force today in Middlesbrough and both Ed Milliband and Nigel Farage were ambushed. The coverage on tv and the timing of this fiasco from Rotherham is priceless. 

mk1

Will UKIP be complaining their man's 'Yuman Rights' have been breached?
A case for Europe perhaps?
Difficult decision boys.................................

testing times

The local labour leader is asking for a report to 'be on his desk' by Monday morning. Looks like you're right Steve, they're in total panic.

beanzontoast

The Rotherham story will run and will undoubtably give UKIP a great deal of coverage, Perseus mentions this is the best thing that has happened to UKIP, of course he is correct up to a point. What this shows is it is the Labour party who are racist, UKIP`S manifesto is very clear on immigration what makes Labour is upset with UKIP  quite simply because UKIP will debate and question Labours open door policy to immigration, and Labours enthusiastic endorsement of the Human rights act, if you can raise your eyes from the ground and look to a wider vision than Hartlepool many people are wanting to debate the afore mentioned subjects, indeed the TV coverage on Rotherham consistently refers to UKIP as a mainsteam party, my prediction is more not less positive coverage will come along for UKIP up to 2015 as more and more people nationally do want to debate the issues that the main party`s do not want to debate it will be demonstrated in the ballot box.

rabbit

The Labour Party have too large a majority in Rotherham for UKIP to make too much of a dent.

The results for the 2010 election also show the large support for BNP, which may go some way to explain the sensitivity to racial matters in that constituency.

http://www.rotherham.gov.uk/info/1000/elections-results/1511/2010_uk_parliamentary_general_election_results/3

mk1

Quote from: beanzontoast on November 25, 2012, 10: PM
my prediction is more not less positive coverage will come along for UKIP up to 2015 as more and more people nationally do want to debate the issues that the main party`s do not want to debate it will be demonstrated in the ballot box.

Not whilst UKIP has supporters like this it won't:

Increasingly, Ukip support is driven by factors beyond euroscepticism. The dog whistle politics of an 'end to uncontrolled immigration', the expulsion of illegal immigrants and an end to 'multiculturalism and political correctness' encourages a radical working class wing of membership not reflective of the population at large.

Goodwin and Evans found over half of those affiliated with UKIP surveyed did not see any positive effect from diversity, and 85% disagreed with the claim that Islam does not pose a direct threat to the West. 34% of UKIP supporters believed that armed conflict may be necessary between groups to 'defend the national way of life'. It must be hoped that the demographic of support achievable through such a radical right agenda is declining, and the race for the disengaged proletarian vote an ultimately fruitless tussle

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/alan-wager/ukip-conservative-labour_b_2153978.html

UKIP, The BNP and the EDL are all cut from the same cloth and they will never garner enough votes to win power. They are always on the cusp of some great 'breakthrough' but the general  public sees them as they really are (in  David Cameron's words  'fruitcakes, loonies and closet racists') and will never hand power to such an assembly of nutters.

admin

For Info:

UKIP fostering scandal: has Labour just lost the Rotherham by-election? 

Andrew Gilligan, The Telegraph:

"In a low-turnout by-election with big protest vote potential, the fostering decision by a Labour council could just be the kind of issue UKIP might use to pull off an upset. It's still much more likely that Labour will win, of course. But if I was them (UKIP), I'd pile everything I have, and more, into Rotherham."

Dear UKIP Supporter,

UKIP is facing one the biggest opportunities in our history. You will all have seen the massive coverage of the Rotherham 'fostering' story over the past two days.
We've been phoning voters in Rotherham all weekend. This is not a scientific survey, but look what people told us:

Voting Labour.............................36%
Voting Conservative...................0% (1 person)
Voting UKIP.................................25%
Would consider voting UKIP.....26%

We have 4 days to persuade the people of Rotherham to do something extraordinary, by voting for liberty, voting for freedom of speech - voting for UKIP.

Will you help us change the face of politics in Britain? Will you help us to tell these bureaucrats that we're not going to put up with their nonsense any longer? 

We need YOU in Rotherham this week.

Come to our town-centre

Campaign HQ at 24 Wellgate, S60 2LR 
or ring 07890 110 225.

Sincerely,

Nigel Farage MEP
UKIP Leader

Mican

Quote from: perseus on November 30, 2012, 08: PM
Rotherham Result

All pretty much as expected really.

QuoteLabour will hold with about 12 or 13,000.

They actually held it with just short of 10,000.    WRONG

Quotei think will happen is UKIP will pinch a couple of thousand floating voters

They actually ended up pulling in 5,218 votes, 2,998 more than last time.  WRONG

Yawn, tiresomely predicatable...    CORRECT

Mican

Quote from: perseus on November 30, 2012, 09: PM
Farage can (and will) spin this whatever way he wants, the facts though, appear to be nothing new. A bunch of racists who normally vote one way, voted another way. End of story.

Soothsayer, Fortune Teller, Oracle, Seer or Mystic, which one or all of these are you to make comments like that, to simply call someone who votes UKIP or indeed any other party a racist is the height of stupidity, you don't know who votes or why or what their colour, creed or religion is, oh and I forgot one of your favourites AGE.  So might I suggest you stick to facts instead of your constant name calling about people who have different ideas than you.