Screws to be tightened

Started by Julie noted, October 31, 2012, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julie noted

I read the government is considering allowing private companies to run our highways & motorways, charging for their use.  :o
The govt. spokesman stated this would be a better system to fund the upkeep of the system.
Yeah, like the privatisation of the gas, electricity, water, telecommunications etc. was better for us.....NOT.  >:(

The only reason they would initiate something like this is to wangle chaimanships/directorships/advisory roles etc. to augment their Govt. salaries (and continue to have an income if they lose their 'seats').

I see today that one of Cameron's paid advisors has resigned and gone to 'Wonga' finance company. I wonder how much support he gave to 'Wonga' previously?  8)  :-X

Our road system is not for sale and we need to let the greedy, grasping selfservers we have in Westminster know that.  >:(

Julie noted

Point taken. The nub of the issue is always WHY a service is being privatised.
Is it really to improve the service, or is it for ulterior motives. (Rhetorical question).

I'm afraid living in Hartlepool and knowing what goes on here tends to colour ones judgement of all things political.
I can remember the time when I had an innate respect for the police, politicians, doctors etc.
Sadly, and no doubt due to the ingress of funny money to some of the people involved, most of my respect and trust has dissipated.  :(

SRMoore

Already bought shares in a company wanting rights to sell bottled air P.

Unless I've missed something this week (I've been under the weather and not kept up on current government affairs) the whole privatisation of roads only covered new roads/tunnels/bridges being built and not the existing network.

Regarding the Wonga issue Julie, you might like to write to Ed Miliband and ask him why he hasn't released details of who he mad numerous 'business meals' with from the said company despite vowing to come clean.