Interesting times !?

Started by Hartlepudlion, September 12, 2015, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hartlepudlion

I wonder what will happen now that Corbyn has won? One shadow minister already resigned, will others follow or just continue to collect the dosh?

Poor old Hartlepool now that this Council goes a step further towards Stalinism. Carl will be pleased

WhatTheHeck

They don't need to resign, he will no doubt replace the shadow cabinet with his cronies.

I just wonder if he will dispose of the party whip or will he be just another Labour hypocrite.
No relation to Whattheheck from the mail !

mk1

It is indeed. The Daily Mail site ran a total of 10 (yes 10!) Corbyn knocking stories today. The Right-Whingers are absolutely terrified.
Everyone else must have the attention span of a goldfish if they think Labour are 'finished'.  I realise UKIP cling to the hope Labour members move over to them but in pre-count interviews I saw 2 UKIP voters say they would return to Labour if it went left.
Clearly looney right-wing howling-at-the-moon times!

DRiddle

"Marxist cretin?" It makes me laugh, as well as makes me angry, when people throw around the 'Marxist' tag.

Most of the people using the term have no clue whatsoever what PROPER Marxism is. Your view of what you THINK it is, is largely based on perceptions of the early days of the old Soviet Union. That mixed with the demonisation by the media of any it chooses to dub "a Marxist", has contrived to make the very word a derogatory label.

The bulk of the people crying "Marxist" at Corbyn don't appear to me to understand what PROPER Marxism is.

mk1

Every UKIP member knows a 'Marxists' when they see one pointed out in The Daily Mail. 

mk1

Another 10 Corbyn knocking stories in today's Daily Mail. 

DRiddle

2 front pages in a row since his selection in The Sun. One saying he wants to abolish the army, the second saying he wants to abolish the monarchy.

I imagine tomorrow's front page will flag up the strikes which will inevitably occur in response to the trade union bill. That'll be JCs fault too and not the governments, who are basically trying to ban striking.

No doubt by Friday he'll be dubbed a nazi sympathiser who wants to eat our children. Or some other nonsense.

Crazy times in the media.

mk1

Only 9 Corbyn knocking stories in today's Daily Mail. 

mk1

10 Corbyn knocking stories in today's Daily Mail that was reduced to 8 later in the day.
The Right-W(h)ingers are completely lost in their own little fantasy universe.

Also saw  this from a 'fruitcake, looney and closet racists   ' bankroller:
http://www.standard.co.uk/business/property-boss-andrew-perloff-all-politicians-are-marxists-a2947951.html

"I believe both politicians and bureaucrats are often similarly educated in a system that has a definite left-wing bias that never quite escapes them, that is against success and wealth, however created and obtained, having little knowledge of the benefits for the entire country that can be derived from individual economic success."

Lost in the UKIP bubble where everyone other than a fully paid up 'fruitcake & looney' is a 'son of Stalin' working  to bring about a great Marxist Utopia.
They are all trapped in a conspiratorial mindset where common sense has been declared unpatriotic!

steveL

Quite fascinating to watch, really. The whole of the Westminster Bubble and Press Corp seem to be behaving like headless chickens over this not knowing how to deal with it. He did get 60% of the vote but it's clear from some of his Labour colleagues that their commitment to democracy is conditional on it yielding the 'right' result.

I can't see Corbyn as a PM myself but while he's here he is certainly blowing a breath of fresh air around Westminster.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

craig finton

A recent poll revealed that 64% of the public support Corbyn's view on re-nationalising the railways and a look around the 28 countries of the EU shows that quite a few are under state ownership. There's no debate with you mate just frustration at your ignorance.

pensionater

In France, both the train operator SNCF and the infrastructure operator RFF are state-owned.
In Germany the state-owned operator Deutsche Bahn runs 90 per cent of passenger services.
In Italy, the state-owned railway company FS Holding owns both the national rail infrastructure manager RFI and train-operating company Trenitalia.
The Spanish railway is almost entirely in public ownership.
Even in Sweden, the first country in Europe to take steps towards privatisation, the state-owned rail operator SJ operates more than 80 per cent of all passenger services.

DRiddle

QuoteDR even got upset when I referred to Corbyn as a Marxist when this is how both he and his new shadow chancellor both describe themselves - very odd that?

I'm not disputing they're Marxists in terms of their socio, political and economic ideology. My point was about the way the media use the term 'Marxist' as some kind of derogatory label.

They (Corbyn and others) believe we, as a society, could do things differently, rather than continue to push a capitalist system in it's current guise.

If you really, I mean REALLY, get into Marxism on a level beyond that portrayed by a tabloid newspaper, you'll see where Corbyn thinks society could (in time) go.

But then rather than do that, I guess it's just easier to keep muttering about immigrants.

mk1

Quote from: kipperdip on September 21, 2015, 09: AM
Instead we have had howls of derision from David Riddle and MK1 implying that nothing Corbyn say's must be criticised.

I promise to give you £1000  if you can find a quote by me that says anything like you claim.
Put up or shut up.
Have at it Sherlock!