Hospital parking charges are a national scandal

Started by Phil UKIP, August 14, 2014, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil UKIP

Hospital parking charges are unfair and unnecessary. These hospital parking charges are a national scandal that needs to end. Hospitals must stop using patients as cash cows. It is absolutely disgusting how much money we pay in tax in Britain and yet we still have to pay these ridiculous hospital parking charges.

I commend the Daily Express in their campaign and hope everyone joins it and sends a clear message to the government that these hospital charges are totally unacceptable.

Sign the Petition to help end the Hospital parking charges scandal http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/498577/Daily-Express-hospital-car-parking-crusade-sign-petition-here

Phillip Broughton, UKIP PPC FOR Hartlepool

Devils advocate

It might help if Hartlepool actually had a fully operational hospital.

SRMoore

I'm glad the Daily Express and UKIP have at last caught up with a campaign started by an MP I have an awful lot of time for, the Conservative MP Robert Halfon.

His article on Conservative Home back in June (though he had campaigned on this for much longer) is bang on the money when he describes parking charges at hospitals as "a stealth tax on the sick and vulnerable" and I'm glad to see there is somebody already in the Commons with common sense and is acting on it.

http://www.conservativehome.com/platform/2014/06/robert-halfon-mp-hospital-parking-charges-are-a-stealth-tax-on-the-sick-and-vulnerable.html

Incidentally Robert is, like me, a firm believer in and member of trade unions. Just not the politically motivated and tax payer scrounging type. *cough* Unison *cough*

mk1

Quote from: SRMoore on August 14, 2014, 01: PM

Incidentally Robert is, like me, a firm believer in and member of trade unions. Just not the politically motivated and tax payer scrounging type. *cough* Unison *cough*

By far the largest 'politically motivated and tax payer scrounging type' of Union is the NFU.
They are subsidised by the hard working taxpayer in the 100's of millions  every year.
A good number of these bloodsuckers are MPs and Lords.