Westminster Insiders.........

Started by one direction, June 18, 2014, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pensionater

In my opinion the Labour party as i knew it failed to exist when Blair took the reigns.I'm totally against this form of candidate selection and also the bringing in of family members of ex leaders/MP's to fight safe seats.I believe there is a survey currently being carried out to find how many of the present crop of MP's have had "proper"jobs.Not sure what they define as a proper job but you can bet there won't be many of them no matter how it's defined.

one direction

5th Generation politician....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7011922.stm

Selected three weeks before her 18th birthday by the local Labour Party to contest East Worthing and Shoreham (west Sussex) in the 2010 general election. She came third, 4,276 votes behind the second-placed Liberal Democrat but her political career continues, she's now a councillor in the safe Labour ward of West Thornton (London Borough of Croydon) and I wouldn't put money against her popping up as a candidiate in as safe Labour seat in 2015.

Inspector Knacker

People with no real concept of how ordinary people live representing ordinary people.  We used to have a Labour Party... now we have a party of nodding dogs selecting people who have never had any meaningful experience of anything but political theory.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.