Ed Milliband, what a coward

Started by Mican, May 04, 2014, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mican

Having just watched the Andrew Marr show, Milliband was challenged to a debate on Europe with Farrage, the same as the one with Clegg and he turned it down, I would love to know why, given the comments he made.  Is this the sort of man we want to lead our country, he talks the talk now it is about time he walked the walk.  No I am not a member of UKIP. 

DRiddle

QuoteNo I am not a member of UKIP.

Nor am I. I agree he should probably accepted the challenge though.

That said, I suppose the other side of that coin is UKIP hold no seats in parliament currently. So in that respect I guess there's an argument to say "Who are you (Farage) to 'demand' a debate with the leader of the Labour Party?"

Mican

Quote from: DRiddle on May 04, 2014, 11: AM
QuoteNo I am not a member of UKIP.

Nor am I. I agree he should probably accepted the challenge though.

That said, I suppose the other side of that coin is UKIP hold no seats in parliament currently. So in that respect I guess there's an argument to say "Who are you (Farage) to 'demand' a debate with the leader of the Labour Party?"

It wasn't Farage who "demanded a debate", it was suggested by Andrew Marr, Milliband bottled it and then had the nerve to say Cameron was scared to have a debate before the general election.  Not the sort of man I want as leader of this country I'm afraid.

Jamescampbell78

Marr is a prat, rarely asks any difficult questions, probably only suggested the debate because his BBC bosses have a directive from Cameron to make Milliband look stupid at every opportunity.

Milliband will sell it as "Farage isn't worth the time or effort", the reality is probably that he'd have wanted to consult with the party spin machine before making a decision but anyone with absolute courage of their convictions should have jumped at the chance to take on Farage directly given that there's so much ammo to fling at them, however there's also a lot to fling at Milliband which is the real reason the debate won't happen.

Mican

No matter what sort of spin is put on it, the simple thing is Milliband bottled it live on television.

mk1

Quote from: Mican on May 04, 2014, 03: PM
No matter what sort of spin is put on it, the simple thing is Milliband bottled it live on television.

I have no great preference for any party and they all do this. . It may be that individual  bias blinds you to the fact 'your' candidate is just as much a lying toe-rag as the opposition but........... Nigel bottled it when he had the chance to try for a seat in Westminster.
A pox on you all.

Jamescampbell78

All lying charlatans only in it for what they can get out of it.

Mican

Quote from: mk1 on May 04, 2014, 03: PM
Quote from: Mican on May 04, 2014, 03: PM

I have no great preference for any party and they all do this. . It may be that individual  bias blinds you to the fact 'your' candidate is just as much a lying toe-rag as the opposition but........... Nigel bottled it when he had the chance to try for a seat in Westminster.
A pox on you all.

Once again you have jumped in with your usual drivel, if you had bothered to read my post properly you would have seen where I wrote "THAT I AM NOT A MEMBER OF UKIP" or for that matter any other political party. 

pensionater

I thought Milliband gave a perfectly sound answer when he said its going to be him against Cameron come the election so why involve Farage at all.

mk1

Quote from: Mican on May 04, 2014, 05: PM

Once again you have jumped in with your usual drivel, if you had bothered to read my post properly you would have seen where I wrote "THAT I AM NOT A MEMBER OF UKIP" or for that matter any other political party.

Once again you have jumped in with your usual drivel, if you had bothered to read my post properly you would have seen  I wrote 'your' rather than your.

Check out scare quotes or air marks

Mican

Quote from: pensionater on May 04, 2014, 06: PM
I thought Milliband gave a perfectly sound answer when he said its going to be him against Cameron come the election so why involve Farage at all.

What I was on about was a debate on Europe, the same as he had with Clegg, which Milliband refused, what you are on about is a debate, which Milliband wants with Cameron, on the general election.  A completely different thing to what I was on about.  This was done live on television, so what damage he has done to himself and the Labour party with this will have to be seen.

Mican

Quote from: mk1 on May 04, 2014, 08: PM
Quote from: Mican on May 04, 2014, 05: PM

Once again you have jumped in with your usual drivel, if you had bothered to read my post properly you would have seen  I wrote 'your' rather than your.

Check out scare quotes or air marks

I am fully aware of scare quotes, so have no need to check them out, it is your implications that matter.

mk1

Quote from: Mican on May 04, 2014, 10: PM

I am fully aware of scare quotes, so have no need to check them out, it is your implications that matter.

Your posts is a classic example of la logique du chaudron.

pensionater

UKIP are fast becoming a mainstream party and losing their identity, people will soon tire of them.

Mican

How very droll, now to get back to the post, the leader of a  major political party showed a complete lack of moral courage live on television, if any of his opponents want to make use of this, it could do untold harm to the labour party.  Sorry but he is not the sort of man I want leading my country.