Turned out nice again.

Started by Inspector Knacker, December 13, 2019, 06: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akarjl2

Quote from: Hubris on December 18, 2019, 06: PM
what are the odds of him breaking his 5.8K target by 9.00 tonight?)

Round of applause he did it  ;)
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

akarjl2

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on December 18, 2019, 08: PM
will they go back to being Independents ;)?   

They were never "independents"....they just want the cash and the attention......a convicted drunk driver running the clowncil for gods sake.....

They will jump wherever they think they will have longevity....

But people have long memories.....

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: akarjl2 on December 19, 2019, 07: AM
Quote from: Johnny Bongo on December 18, 2019, 08: PM
will they go back to being Independents ;)?   

They were never "independents"....they just want the cash and the attention......a convicted drunk driver running the clowncil for gods sake.....

They will jump wherever they think they will have longevity....

But people have long memories.....

Good morning akarjl2.  As I believe I asked earlier, do you think that the BP votes in Hartlepool will move to Labour or the Cons, if / when the BP in the town move on or out?  Do you think that we'll ever get a Tory MP, as a fair few towns have last week?

akarjl2

i suppose it depends on outcome of an on police going investigation into a certain cardboard cutout labour mp.... ;)

Failing that guess we are stuck with the waste of space?

eddy

Quote from: diSme on December 18, 2019, 05: PM
Quote from: eddy on December 18, 2019, 05: PM
I agree, the mess is entirely of Labours own making.  Decades of coasting and taking the electorate for granted are coming hope to reap its rewards.  Mr Hill has been a coaster, Mr Houchin is showing him up as one and will probably continue to do so.  Its possible to turn it around but it depends on the personality and whether they are able to change, I have my doubts.

What angers me as a member is the collective inability of those in the party with influence to see how their own complacency is far more damaging to their grass roots support than anything Boris or Brexit can throw at it. Its so painfully obvious you would think they would react, its like they are all stood around looking at the hole in the bottom of the ship but not acknowledging there is a problem !

You seem to have a logical view of things, I'm assuming that it's become a frustrating position for you to be in? It certainly sounds frustrating.

I think that if labour had spent more time over the years taking care of the 'little things', then the bigger things wouldn't have become so much of an issue.

If the hull of the ship was properly maintained over the years, then the hole in the bottom will likely not have appeared.

I have a lot of mates who are conservative voters, and I work in property which means even more Torys.  I learned a while ago politics aint black and white, there are people who I have a lot of respect for who are on the opposite side of the political spectrum, and those within labour who are a disgrace.

It is immensely frustrating, I have my reasons for being a labour supporter and what worries me most is we will end up in the same situation in 4-5 years time with zero lessons learned.  I genuinely dont get why others cant see what will happen if we dont change!     

stokoe

Eddy so do you think Thornbury would be the choice?

mk1

As I said before maybe time you took up a hobby?..

Got one. It keeps me very focused and busy. My time here is recreational.

I use 'you' as my Xanthippe:

'If I can manage such an animal, it will be easy enough to deal with every other horse beside'

And:

"After thunder comes the rain."

Lucy Lass-Tick

I would have thought Epona to be more appropriate.

mk1

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on December 19, 2019, 04: PM

As I said before maybe time you took up a hobby?..

Got one. It keeps me very focused and busy.
Not busy enough for most people.

My time here is recreational.
Yeah, it puts most us to sleep too.

What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: stokoe on December 19, 2019, 02: PM
Eddy so do you think Thornbury would be the choice?
As soon as Thornbury becomes a candidate, out will come her infamous video from several years ago of her out canvassing in Chatham and being rather uncomplimentary about some working class people of whom she 'disapproved'.

akarjl2

mentioned on radio 5 this morning :D

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on December 18, 2019, 07: PM

So do I support Hill?
No I support no one and I mock them all.
In effect you serve no purpose, you just snipe, nothing constructive, just the one who mocks and tells us why things can't be done. A grinch.

If you want cloying endless praise then I am not your man.
You don't say Sherlock. Who could have imagined that.  ::)

Do I think Tice would have done anything for the town? Perhaps but only to establish Brand Farage and we would be a means to an end.  A  Tory MP would be equally ineffective and I guess you can say the town is fcuked no matter who it elects. The only real change will come when  a major employer with real well-paid jobs relocates to the town. Given the geography (we are at the end of a branch-road going nowhere) that is not going to happen.
You really are one depressing individual when it comes to slagging the town in general the off. Every town is by passed and thus at the end of a road, you just like being depressing.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on December 19, 2019, 08: PM
Every town is by passed and thus at the end of a road,

No.

Peterlee in on a main road heading North.
You may have to go through or pass by Peterlee even if your destination is not Peterlee.
Peterlee is very well connected to the road Network and thus has an advantage over Hartlepool which is very poorly served by a main road.
The road to Hartlepool ends at Hartlepool.
No one with any sense would travel from Teesside to Sunderland (either way) via Hartlepool.
You would only take the road to Hartlepool if your going to visit somewhere in Hartlepool.
There is very little traffic going through Hartlepool on the way to somewhere else.