Putting Hartlepool on the map..................

Started by mk1, December 11, 2019, 04: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diSme

Quote from: fred c on January 08, 2020, 04: PM
Quote from: pensionater on January 08, 2020, 03: PM
If anyone is still in doubt why this forum is on the way out,look at the so called Admins response to my comment,no one else's,just mine.It's an echo chamber the same as the Facebook page,p.s.i know for a fact Tony and Fred are friends .

I have no idea where or from whom you are getting your 'facts' but Tony Richardson and myself are not 'friends' as it happens, and this is specifically for your benefit, I exchange pleasantries with Tony 'if and when we bump into each other'.......you know as civilised people tend to do.

As for the forum, bringing into question the impartiality of the Admins is completely out totally out of order.

I agree. I for one am pleased to see the admins taking the bull by the horns so to speak.

Ultimately, they are the ones who would be deemed responsible for allowing 'unethical' or even illegal posts to be displayed in a public domain, and I'd be doing the same thing if it was my forum, or if I was in some way responsible for the content posted. It's common sense and logic ...
I believe everything and nothing

akarjl2

If anyone is still in doubt why this forum is on the way out,look at the so called Admins response to my comment,no one else's,just mine.It's an echo chamber the same as the Facebook page,p.s.i know for a fact Tony and Fred are friends .

on any forum slagging off admin is akin to shooting yourself in the foot- the suggestion would be you wind yer neck in...or go elsewhere?
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

mk1

Quote from: akarjl2 on January 08, 2020, 07: PM

on any forum slagging off admin is akin to shooting yourself in the foot- the suggestion would be you wind yer neck in...or go elsewhere?

I saw no 'slagging' It was a simple observation. Your parting remark is telling.  Let those not 'on-message' know they are unwelcome and eventually  they will go elsewhere. Leaving those with the 'correct' views a safe space to vent.

This is what The Hartlepool was set up to do and what it did well  for over a decade:

https://www.facebook.com/HBCXposed/?__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARBxBX0gG6kOgy-xs9gd-wM6MIAs3kYpliCO6HVMc3uNvG_WjVlNHaYLCsKoe69u5gmIYqQOeGEomZN2

kevplumb

Quote from: fred c on January 08, 2020, 04: PM

I have no idea where or from whom you are getting your 'facts' but Tony Richardson and myself are not 'friends' as it happens, and this is specifically for your benefit, I exchange pleasantries with Tony 'if and when we bump into each other'.......you know as civilised people tend to do.

As for the forum, bringing into question the impartiality of the Admins is completely out totally out of order.

Fred you know me we speak if we see each other, dont think that makes us bosom buddies tho  :D :D ;)  the man is obviously deranged ive yet to see a sensible post out of him
probably the crackpot compositor in disguise  ;D ;D ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

akarjl2

Farce book is something I do not waste my time on a succession of he said she said he's wonderful she's wonderful.....

Ranting on about Brexit party serves no further purpose. Brexit is about to happen cue.....oh no its not.

Shane will be history soon enough...and if he isn't then the town gets what it deserves.( Beats me why he is considered by some to be a fit and proper person- a convicted drunk driver - and yes I think all drunk drivers are irrational criminals not worthy of a "second chance")

Other than Brexit nothing has actually changed. We are still getting shafted by a crew of wanna be politician impersonators none of whom are or have been of any value past or present.

ok we don't have mr and mrs revealing their visions on a regular basis but we still have a Bunch of lying clowns in charge of the purse strings.

Sooner HBC is shut down the better.

DRiddle

QuoteSooner HBC is shut down the better.

That's the most sensible thing you've said on here and something i've been an advocate of for years. Although i'm no Conservative, right now, facing another 10 years + of Tory rule, i'd much rather see Ben Houchen fully sailing the ship than the current rag tag band calling the day to day tune locally.

Most of the day to day stuff can (and is) done by officers anyway. MANY of the people voting on important decisions made by the current administration aren't capable of fully comprehending the importance or complexity of the decision they're making. Trust me i know, i've been in their meetings prior to many of them becoming the current ruling group.

John Tennant was 'the brain', hence why he's now trousering £15k and month in Brussels. There's a lot about Shane i like, but in terms of the transition from Stuart Drummond, to Christopher Akers-Belcher to Shane Moore, the whole situation with HBC over the last decade or so reminds me of this clip from 'wheel of fortune'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLRj3skeL5w

akarjl2

Quote from: DRiddle on January 09, 2020, 12: PM
something i've been an advocate of for years.

OMG we agree.......

What we disagree about is Shame an obvious liar and as a proven convicted potential killer drunk driver ( who incidentally plead NG) he is not a fit and proper person to be in charge of anything involving public money/services. If he can not control himself how can he be considered fit and property to run a clowncil?

...and yes I have a bee in my bonnet about drink drivers after watching a young girl die many years ago after being hit by one...

Inspector Knacker

QuoteSooner HBC is shut down the better.

Most of the day to day stuff can (and is) done by officers anyway. MANY of the people voting on important decisions made by the current administration aren't capable of fully comprehending the importance or complexity of the decision they're making. Trust me i know, i've been in their meetings prior to many of them becoming the current ruling group.

I totally agree. Most councils are run by a select group of Councillors and the others are just there to be told what to vote for.
Sadly, in our case we've been run in exactly the same way for many years by a not so select group of Councillors with the result looking more like monkey tennis than civic responsibility.
I joke, but IQ tests for prospective candidates would help.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

diSme

Quote from: akarjl2 on January 09, 2020, 12: PM
something i've been an advocate of for years.

OMG we agree.......

What we disagree about is Shame an obvious liar and as a proven convicted potential killer drunk driver ( who incidentally plead NG) he is not a fit and proper person to be in charge of anything involving public money/services. If he can not control himself how can he be considered fit and property to run a clowncil?

...and yes I have a bee in my bonnet about drink drivers after watching a young girl die many years ago after being hit by one...

I'm 100% with you regarding Shane.

How is it that somebody who is proven by law to be irresponsible, placed into a position of huge responsibility, whereby he represents the interests of a whole town...

I'm pretty sure that his conviction would prevent him from doing many day to day jobs where a police check is required, like taxi driving, or caring for people, so how is it he is considered a safe bet to lead our council...

It should be a bigger deal than it currently seems to be, whether his conviction is spent or not.
I believe everything and nothing

akarjl2

Quote from: diSme on January 09, 2020, 04: PM
How is it that somebody who is proven by law to be irresponsible

https://www.nickfreemansolicitors.co.uk/second-drink-driving-conviction-could-cost-councillor-his-job/

err TWICE and he was  3 times the legal limit....unstable, dangerous and thinks he knows better as he did it twice.....

Oddly required qualities for a role as a clowncil member in Hartlepool.

DRiddle

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/politics/council/hearing-date-set-suspended-hartlepool-brexit-party-councillor-over-offensive-facebook-post-1365598

Taking place behind closed doors. Presumably to avoid it getting into the wider public domain that the offensive post wasn't just a 'one off' or an 'accidental click of a button'.

Let's hope he has the sense to ask for 'other offences to be taken into consideration'. Imagine how terrible it would look if he claimed it was a mistake and not a real reflection of his views, then later it transpired that he'd liked and shared LOTS of posts of a similar nature.  ???

fred c

Quote from: DRiddle on January 16, 2020, 12: PM
https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/politics/council/hearing-date-set-suspended-hartlepool-brexit-party-councillor-over-offensive-facebook-post-1365598

Taking place behind closed doors. Presumably to avoid it getting into the wider public domain that the offensive post wasn't just a 'one off' or an 'accidental click of a button'.

Let's hope he has the sense to ask for 'other offences to be taken into consideration'. Imagine how terrible it would look if he claimed it was a mistake and not a real reflection of his views, then later it transpired that he'd liked and shared LOTS of posts of a similar nature.  ???

There is no chance whatsoever of the details of the investigation being kept out of the public domain, 5 minutes after any decision and the LabMob Propaganda Minister will have it plastered all over social media.

Inspector Knacker

I find it amusing the board has it's own Witchfinder General.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on January 16, 2020, 08: PM
Or the Witchsmeller Pursuivant?
Or even Snitchfinder General....?  An 'investigative' nodding dog.