Is the post now dead?

Started by Grumblstiltskin, January 09, 2021, 02: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Was it the entire membership off the local Labour Party...?
Other suspects come to mind.......

Terry Plywood? Blogger and raconteur.
or
Dave Bloke? .... the bloke who coined the phrase...' trying is the first step towards failure'.
or
Mao Tse Wainthorpe, radical nuisance?
or
Phil Ossifer.....?
or
Was it the other half of your Panto horse?

C'mon, give us a clue.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

I noticed every post ever made  by Kipperdip has been removed. Now the only evidence is his quotes in other peoples posts. When did his posts go?

I am glad I made a back-up.

akarjl2

The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: mk1 on April 09, 2021, 01: PM
I noticed every post ever made  by Kipperdip has been removed. Now the only evidence is his quotes in other peoples posts. When did his posts go?

I am glad I made a back-up.

I can confirm that none of his posts have been removed by admins. We did, however, lose some back up stuff (years ago) due to DDoS attacks (which meant that 24 hours were lost when a previous day's back up had to be used to restore data). In addition, server & software changes MAY (& I'm not too sure about this) have created 'holes'. If anyone thinks that we have either the time (or the inclination) to carry out selective 'pruning' they're quite simply a) barking up the wrong tree, b) obsessional or c) plain crackers.

mk1

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on April 09, 2021, 08: PM
If anyone thinks that we have either the time (or the inclination) to carry out selective 'pruning' they're quite simply a) barking up the wrong tree, b) obsessional or c) plain crackers.
That is good to know.
If I meet anyone who claims such I will reassure them.

In the case of Kipperdip its his membership (he is not on the members list) and only his posts. Threads where he posted are still there with replies to his posts. Kipperdid was posting up until at least June 2016.

It is an odd glitch in The Matrix.

There have been many attempts to bring down the forum but the only successful one I remember is the time a poster used an assumed name to defend himself on the post and then hacked  in and deleted every thread/post about him when he was unmasked and outed. Only my copies show he was even here!

Kipperdid was posting up until at least June 2016.

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on April 09, 2021, 08: PM
Only my copies show he was even here!

Wow who knows what is stored on the MKZero Servers? What will happen to all that historically critical data once your curl your toes up?

This forum is an interesting place occasionally but not the Washington Post/Guido/Black list. Nobody really cares what happened 5 years ago.

You really need to get a life.

akarjl2

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on April 09, 2021, 08: PM
a) barking up the wrong tree, b) obsessional or c) plain crackers.

I know which two out of three my money is on.

Inspector Knacker

I'd go for a heady cocktail of all three.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.