Pointless MP for Hartlepool, concentrate on local government?

Started by Monkeys mate, April 25, 2015, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monkeys mate

Apologies for the length....There are many topics on here that go off topic (and i am as guilty) and I hope this one won't.

In a couple of weeks there will be, what is being billed as, the most important GE of all time. But is it? The result won't make the slightest difference to Hartlepool. If 'he' gets back in (the one who has changed so much in the town) he is powerless to do anything - even if there is a labour majority government. He will have to do as the party says.

That is the same for anyone who represents a major party, they all have to do as they are told.  As for the minority parties and independents, if they are elected as our MP they too will make no difference as they will be a tiny fish in a huge pond. If for example the UKIP candidate gets in and there is some UK power sharing agreement they will still be utterly powerless to change anything for the town as the majority will have control.

They way I see it is that we absolutely have to concentrate our time, effort (and discussions) to the local elections as those people are they only ones who can do anything to effect change in our town. Using a local plan to protect our boundaries, rallying the people to act on town improvements, working with communities to improve their area, their employment, their homes. Showing what hartlepool is about so it attracts inward investment. Working alongside the expert officers who work for the town to bring change and development. These are the people who can change our town and our towns future.

Our choice of local councillor is far more important than any MP. CHOOSE WISELY, LOOK AT WHAT YOUR COUNCIL HAS DONE. what have they totally messed up on, what have they scraped, what have they influenced for the good of the town. Or perhaps you believe that no local plan, a laughing stock politics, ineffective leadership, self serving crusties, and those who would rather pretend this town is moving forward together is the way forward. It's your choice, it's our choice but more importantly, WE have to choose.

Monkeys mate

And to our current majority council I ask you this........

If local politics, and doing the right thing for hartlepool was illegal.....
....would there be enough evidence to convict you?