Full Council Meeting Thursday, 26th February

Started by admin, February 22, 2015, 11: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

The next Full Council Meeting is scheduled for Thursday, 26th February 2015 at 7pm in the Civic centre

Agenda and Minutes can be downloaded here:

http://www.hartlepool.gov.uk/egov_downloads/26.02.15_-_Council_Agenda.pdf

fred c

Item 14 on the agenda should be of Interest to people old enough to remember what a disaster Cleveland County was for Hartlepool.

It could provide a further opportunity for "Handsome Ste" to show off his own unique Chairmanship of The Council.

Foggy

Another farcical evening. The Mayor 'shone' in his role once again.

Why on earth did he not just say 'yes the minutes are inaccurate. I did initially close the meeting but, after a short period of consideration, I decided that a brief adjournment would be more appropriate. The minutes will be amended to reflect this".

Simples?

No, he decided it was better to lie in front of around 100 people who witnessed with their own eyes and ears what really went on last week. This then forced the deputy chief executive to lie, as well as the Labour and Tory sheep, to cover his ar**.

He has the cheek to call everyone else school children........  ::)

testing times

"We were also treated to another display of the Civic two- step from the amnesiac, Deputy Chief Executive, Andrew  Atkin whose selective memory is gaining him something of  a reputation as he continues to base his recollections upon  which side of his bread he believes to be buttered."

It's really sad what has become of Hartlepool Council. Mr Stubbs should be asked how it is possible to show more respect when this sort of thing happens.

TSteels

Mr Atkin should not be criticized - the real disgrace is that the Mayor tried to pass the buck and get officers to explain what HE said!!! The man lacks intellect, integrity and guts (figuratively - not literally).

Even more appalling is he cowers in his office and then sends officers out to control the crowd - that's your job Stephen, not the officers. Coward.

Copper Pipe

TSteels I dont agree with you, council officers are paid out of our pockets, they must be held accountable for their actions, and as for the Mayor I showed me Nanna and her mates 8 of them the video of the hissy fit he threw, thats 8 less votes for Ray Wells and the rest of Rays Labour party.

fred c

Quote from: TSteels on February 27, 2015, 07: AM
Mr Atkin should not be criticized - the real disgrace is that the Mayor tried to pass the buck and get officers to explain what HE said!!! The man lacks intellect, integrity and guts (figuratively - not literally).

Even more appalling is he cowers in his office and then sends officers out to control the crowd - that's your job Stephen, not the officers. Coward.

Like TSteels I find it hard to criticise Mr Aitkin, he was put in an untenable position by "Handsome Ste" It must be a nightmare to work in the civic.

There have been several instances of offficers being bullied into decisions they don`t believe are right or proper & as in lots of workplaces it is often easier to comply with the bullying, than it is to stand firm against the person doing the bullying....... Unless of course you want to end your careeer with HBC.

If it wasn`t so serious it would be funny, The Dear Leader stood at the lectern & used the words, Openness, Transparency & Integrity....... The Handsome One might have heard those words, but its obvious that he doesn`t actually know what they mean.

Yet another shameful night in Hartlepool Politics.

mrb

Lord Elpus

I enjoy a game of 'silly buggers' as much as the next man, some would say I have a head start (I would not disagree).  However, it strikes me that Hartlepool Full Council meetings have become nothing more than free comedy entertainment for the masses.

The star turn at these meetings is unfortunately, 'andsome Steve.  His temperament, inability to recall facts that pertain to his actions and sense of self importance have reduced Council to a farce in the best traditions of the Whitehall theatre.

When Drummond left and we started the new Committee system, Hartlepool was promised a modern, open and more democratic system of Local Governance based on the Committee system.  Great in theory, unfortunately, that can only work if the so called Council Leaders are willing to understand that the roll of a Committee Chairperson and Council Chairman is to facilitate a meeting fairly, and not lead or control it.

Facilitator: A person whose job is to enable and make it possible for a group of people to communicate and accomplish their task. Facilitators are neutral relative to content, but in charge of the process. A facilitator is responsible for the context.

Meeting Leader: A person who calls a meeting, runs the meeting (controls the process), and contributes content. This may be for information sharing or to accomplish a task.

Obviously at times the two styles can overlap, however, to the dyed in the wool Stalinist's and self confessed control freaks who 'think' they are 'in control' of our Council - they just don't grasp the true meaning of democracy or why they are there.

Unless things change big style, HBC is 'Doomed, aye Doomed, I tell ya'.

Foggy

Quote from: Lord Elpus on February 27, 2015, 11: AM
I enjoy a game of 'silly buggers' as much as the next man, some would say I have a head start (I would not disagree).  However, it strikes me that Hartlepool Full Council meetings have become nothing more than free comedy entertainment for the masses.
If someone from outside the town came and witnessed what goes on in our council meetings we would be a laughing stock. Has it always been the case that the Mayor chairs meetings?  Should it not be someone who is impartial and who understands the rules and regulations, etc?  I would suggest the Chief Exec but I will reiterate the word 'impartial'.

Although, I have to say that some of the comments last night did amuse me such as your references to the 'Kremlin' and David Riddle's comment about beating CAB's mother in law in the election last year.  ;D

Quote from: Lord Elpus on February 27, 2015, 11: AM
Unless things change big style, HBC is 'Doomed, aye Doomed, I tell ya'.
I really hope that come May things do change but I am a bit worried.  I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but by my calculations the independents and PHF will have to hang onto their seats and take 6 out of the 7 lab/tory seats up for grabs.  A bit of a tall order but still possible.

mk1

If Wells is going to walk then it will should  easy for someone new to lead the other 2 zombies out of the Labour fold. Easy that is if the new broom has no 'Developer' chums who need a pal in charge of planning to nod through their pension pot. The Tories are up for sale here and  money always trumps principle. If Wells keeps control of the local party it will be 'business as usual'.

Lord Elpus

'business as usual'.

Seems to fit, if Wednesday's planning meeting is anything to go by.

fred c

Quote from: mk1 on February 27, 2015, 01: PM
If Wells is going to walk then it will should  easy for someone new to lead the other 2 zombies out of the Labour fold. Easy that is if the new broom has no 'Developer' chums who need a pal in charge of planning to nod through their pension pot. The Tories are up for sale here and  money always trumps principle. If Wells keeps control of the local party it will be 'business as usual'.

I`m not sure if was a 1st last night..... But Cllr Loynes broke ranks with Raymondo & voted against him on one issue.

Eddie Potcake

Why is there no report of this meeting in the Sheffield Mail?

Foggy

I didn't even hear what RMW said last night... what a shame he has lost his voice.  Not that it mattered... its not like he has much interesting to say anyway.

Speaking of speaking.... I nearly nodded off when the 'Leader' was reading his prepared answers to the questions. Zzzzzz.....