Buses to Newcastle.

Started by Inspector Knacker, March 15, 2014, 06: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

For as long as I could remember you could always get a bus to Newcastle....an alternative to a train service that shuts downso early it appears to operate for those who like to be tucked up in bed with a mug of Horlicks by 8pm!
The thing is we have no altetnaive to this dire train 'service'....or do we....
I travel around the area quite a lot and frequently encounter the X10 which travels between  Newcastle and Middlesbrough on a half hourly basis with good journey times till fairly late... it calls at Stockton... Billingham and Peterlee...... and please don't say we're too far off the A19 as the bus navigates the back roads of Billingham and Stockton........... what I find incredible is there are minor villages with direct links to Newcastle while Hartlepool is becoming public transport wasteland.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

suvin

You are quite right. The X10 basically follows the 36 route from Boro to Billingham and then disappears up the A19. I think that whoever is in charge of bus transport at HBC is missing out. You could get the X10 calling at the transport interchange. HBC are apathetic about buses serving Hartlepool. Years ago you could get a United to anywhere in the NE from the town. I used to get the bus to Darlo for Pools games and to Consett to watch DurhamCC when they were minor counties. You can also get a bus from Peterlee to North Tees hospital which calls at all the villages on the route.

Inspector Knacker

For. a supposedly working class party it's odd how one of their first actions in response to the cuts was  to basically demolish the local bus services with their own selective  cuts... affecting the very people they trumpet they speak for!... of course if I was of a cynical nature ..........no....surely not..........
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.