Carl gives us his view on E-Cigarettes...

Started by DRiddle, February 09, 2014, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

You have to laugh...

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/health/local-health/concerns-over-long-term-health-impact-of-replacement-cigarettes-1-6425909

It'll be a long time before I take health advice from a fella who looks out of breath and sweaty after a quick journey to and from the water cooler in the council chamber...

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: DRiddle on February 09, 2014, 04: PM
You have to laugh...

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/health/local-health/concerns-over-long-term-health-impact-of-replacement-cigarettes-1-6425909

It'll be a long time before I take health advice from a fella who looks out of breath and sweaty after a quick journey to and from the water cooler in the council chamber...

Ah, but there's probably a few peasants to be trodden on en route!  ;)

tankerville

With elections drawing near I wonder what effect Replacement Councillors will have on us?

for fawkes sake

Cigarettes, I've read, contain some 10,000 different chemicals whereas these electronic cigarettes consist of just a few: nicotine and water (vapour) being the main ones. Nicotine is addictive but the cancer risk comes from the other 9,998 chemicals.

It must be better for people to switch to the electronic type if that's the only way they can avoid the nasty chemicals and will power is lacking. I'm surprised at the names of some of the people buying into the rear-guard lobbying of the tobacco companies who are doing everything possible to discredit electronic cigarettes. A few decades ago, those same tobacco companies were busily and falsely promoting the health benefits of smoking.

I wish people would stick to basing their opinions on reality and not on ignorance and regurgitating hearsay and tobacco company press releases. How hypocritical is it of councillors well on the way to having a drink problem to be telling others how best to look after their health.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."