Historic Quay Classic Car Show

Started by HarmonyPeace, October 01, 2013, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarmonyPeace

On Sunday 29th Sept I went to the Classic Car show at the Historic Quay and was dismayed to hear the organiser say after presenting the prizes that the show was probably the last one to be held there as the Council now want to hold car boot sales in the car park every Sunday from March.
These shows are held twice a year and are extremely popular, apparently the Council have said the shows can be held on a Saturday but a charge will be made.  Maybe this is how the Council are going to make up for the Historic Quay not becoming a Pay and Display car park.
The organisers of the show (Northern Bygones Society) now have to find an alternative venue, preferably a hard standing area. Any one any ideas? if so let the Northern Bygones Society know.
There are few photos in todays Mail with a quote from the organiser "Hartlepool always welcomes us with open arms for our shows and this was no different" I'm sure the organiser will have also mentioned that it was probably the last show but no mention of that.

norfolkngoode

F.F.S  ::) Isnt it a shame that people organise these things, and people give up their free time to attend and bring their classic vehicle, for peoples enjoyment, all free of charge, only for this 5hitty council to stick the boot in and spoil it.

You couldnt make it up.

I knew  that the couple of years it has been up and running it was always on borrowed time.  >:( >:(
'They don't like it up em'

not4me

Now that HBC are the proud owners of the tin shed, wouldn't it make far more sense to hold the boot sale on the car park in front of it rather than the Historic Quay?

HarmonyPeace

It has been suggested 'tin shed' car park is a possible site for the Classic Cars, however the Historic Quay seems the preferred place.  I over heard one bloke say it was ideal because the Mrs could go shopping when she got fed up.  I've been to a few Classic shows and this seems to be one of the most popular by owners and visitors a like.  It would be such a shame if Hartlepool were to loose this because of car boot sales

norfolkngoode

Dont the council realise how popular this is? Why cant they show a bit of goodwill for a change and just skip the car boot sale for the couple of sundays a year the classic car show is on? 

In fact why not just have the car boot sale at Jacksons Landing anyway? They can open the tin shed and have stalls in there, and charge a premium!

I'll give the car boot a couple of weeks, and itll be the same people selling the same rubbish and no one will go anyway ;)
'They don't like it up em'

Land Phil

I think HBC are a decade or 2 behind the times if they are thinking of car boot sales.