It's arrived.

Started by Inspector Knacker, July 29, 2013, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

I came in from work to find the leaflet from the  Trust pushed through the letterbox.
I breezed through the flim flam inside, nothing new, just the usual we are doing this bunkum till I came to the final section ....'Have your say'....... " we want to listen to your views- it isn't too late to have your say as part of our consultation"....... so, .......  if you wrote to them with a compelling case, can you imagine them turning around and saying.. "Hey, that's a good point, we never thought of that, we'll change our plans immediately"...........? No, me neither .
Consultation seems to consist of going through the regulatory flannel, trying a soft sell ...... but it's going to happen anyway so get used to the idea.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

You know......... I know........... everyone & their Dog knows...... They should save the money on theses consultations so the Board of NT&H NHS Mis-Trust can have another bloody good blow out at the expense of the Health of the people of Hartlepool & East Durham.

When did our Elected "Member" last speak on this issue, he has shown exactly what he thinks of the people who elected him by his abject representation of Hartlepudlians over the Hospital Closure............. he is a total waste of space & Hartlepool will do well to remember his performance over the hospital closure, come 2015.

The Labour Party in Hartlepool seems to operating in a Parallel Universe to the rest of the Labour Party, i cannot remember when so many people are expressing their disatisfaction about whats going on in Hartlepool.

Mr Mister

I bet you're not getting a Christmas card from him this year! :/ AGAIN!

Inspector Knacker

I can never recall a time when we were 'represented' at all levels by such mute mediocrity.The only thing that seems to matter is holding on to your job, the real job, defending the towns interests doesn't even get a look in.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I look forward to getting the leaflet, rolling it up and sending it back with instructions to stick it up their ****.

It would be nice if everybody that gets one does the same.
I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

The blatantly ironic thing about this, is that when the Darzi proposals came out and all childrens services were to be transferred to Hartlepool, some mothers got together in Stockton and protested sbout having to trail through to Hartlepoo and having to have to have their children here ( a long unacceptable trek for them, but quite acceptable for someone in Hartlepool having to make exactly the same journey)... the trust consulted and their  request was granted with commendable haste and,servces went to Stockton.
So, .....30,000 sign petition, shredded...... handful of women make a fuss, pandered to...... doesn't quite add up.or was it all about location, location, location?

steveL

That's true but remember the Stockton ladies also had the backing of their local Labour council and were lucky enough to live in what, at the time, looked like a vulnerable Labour seat compared to Hartlepool.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Private Fraser

Audio of the Council meeting has Keith Fisher speaking about the hospital about 120 mins. Interesting, he seems to be accepting that hope is lost but still will fight on. The reason hope of lost is of course, Hartlepool Council (Labour in the main) historically did nothing to fight for services at Hartlepool. Why, because the Labour Govt at the time was in favour of the Super Hospital at Wynyard. Many of us here on this site had good reason to think that it would never happen and were proved right. Once A&E went, we were on the slippery slope. When other services were transferred to Stockton before Wynyard was built, the writing was on the wall. Wynyard was a smoke screen for closure of Hartlepool. The staff were conned, the clinicians were blinded by lies if the Trust promising them the potential of world class services any shiny new toys to play with.

Mind you, in ten years time someone will come up with the bright idea that all towns should have a fully functioning cottage hospital and everything will change again. Its just a shame for all those people who will die on the A689 and A19 in the meantime.
"Those who are capable of tyranny are capable of perjury to sustain it."

steveL

Hartlepool Council never fought for its hospital in the same way that Stockton Councillors did - that's the top and bottom of it - and the prospect of the business rates brought in by a new hospital at Wynyard (more money to fund Cranney's latest ventures) was enough to dazzle the spend, spend, spend party.

There was only ever one defensible position on the hospital and that was to vehemently oppose any loss in services at Hartlepool until the new hospital was built. It never did make sense to incur the expense of moving services to North Tees only to move them again later to a brand new hospital - Wynyard was always a red herring.

Interesting shift in tak for Labour of late, now that everyone knows that Wynyard is dead. They're all on stand-by waiting to blame those nasty Tories for refusing to cough up the £100m.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

Even our elected "Member" wouldn`t have the brass neck for that one.... Labour realised a while ago that PFI`s were a pile of sh*te

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on July 30, 2013, 05: PM
Even our elected "Member" wouldn`t have the brass neck for that one.... Labour realised a while ago that PFI`s were a pile of sh*te
Don't you believe it..... I imagine he'll be dressed up like Henry V preparing his speech before the assault on our common sense by claiming the tories are the reason we never got the new hospital at Wynyard, as arrows of bullsh*t rain down relentlessly........ I'd be astounded if any blame lands at their feet.