Please warn those who may be vulnerable

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, May 21, 2012, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

Have been tipped off by a reliable source in Seaton that Police are warning of a group of dodgy casual 'workers' targetting the vulnerable. The disgusting swines charged her elderly neighbour £500 to get rid of a couple of weeds, took her to the cash machine to get her to withdraw the cash, and charged her an extra £10 for not having the money to hand!

christine blakey

That is so horrible. 

I hope that the Hartlepool Mail print a story on this.

Donkey Kong

Is it the work of one of these new community groups that seem to be springing up under council sponsorship to "help" people?  :o

Stig of the Seaton Dump

It can't be one of those ...they only charged £500 and by all accounts they were not related to the poor lady that got robbed.
I don't believe it.

brassed off monkey

Quote from: Donkey Kong on May 22, 2012, 09: AM
Is it the work of one of these new community groups that seem to be springing up under council sponsorship to "help" people.  :o

It would be to difficult to tell.......... Theres that many of them, i understand a recently deposed councillor is getting into that line of "Graft".

Straight Talking

Donkey Kong
"Is it the work of one of these new community groups that seem to be springing up under council sponsorship to "help" people."
Stig of the Seaton Dump
"It can't be one of those ...they only charged £500 and by all accounts they were not related to the poor lady that got robbed."
Brassed off Monkey
"It would be to difficult to tell.......... Theres that many of them, i understand a recently deposed Councillor is getting into that line of "Graft"."

In the interests of fairness I hope that admin is going to ring each and every ex-Councillor who lost "recently deposed" their seat in the May elections.
And if admin cant identify to which these comments are aimed, then I suggest that the same action is taken against the above as was taken against me.

Unfounded allegations do not enhance the reputation of this site.

mk1

Quote from: Straight Talking on May 22, 2012, 08: PM
In the interests of fairness I hope that admin is going to ring each and every ex-Councillor who lost "recently deposed" their seat in the May elections.
And if admin cant identify to which these comments are aimed, then I suggest that the same action is taken against the above as was taken against me.

Who is using the ID tonight?

Anyway even likkle 'ol me who knows bugger all about the web of  public money sucking companies run by  Labour Councillors and/or their relatives knows which recently deposed one has decided it is time to get her snout in the trough.

Straight Talking

So, can LLTA tell me, what Ann Marshall has to do with any of the accusations being made in the quotes.
She doesn't work for a community organisation and doesn't run a business that has anything to do with gardening etc.

To change the whole direction of the original thread, which was in my view making some real points about the disgraceful
treatment of a vulnerable person.

Straight Talking

LLTA

The two points I am making, whether you choose to ignore them or not are:

1.  The original thread was trying to raise a serious issue of concern about vulnerable people being preyed upon by those who I will describe as low-life, who when they eventually get their collars felt should go away for a very long time.

This thread has been completely hijacked by something which has nothing to do with it.

2.  Ann Marshall, despite her outburst which some people see one way, and I see as someone who was at the time very hurt by the outcome of the election, not for the monetary gain as you would wish to portray it, but because she worked very hard as a Councillor both within the Council and in the community.

The business she runs is a private business started at her own risk like many others who run their own businesses. She works part time NOT IN THE COMMUNITY SECTOR, in order to be able to afford the luxury of running her own business.

So like on a number of other occasions people on this website, including yourself should look a little wider, see a fuller picture before going on the attack, using narrow arguments based on fiction and heresay.

If you want to dismiss this as a "hissy fit" then please do. I see it as setting the record straight.

Donkey Kong

When a joke touches a nerve is it because there is some truth hidden in it that wasn't necessarily intended?