Report from Commissioning Consultation Event in February

Started by christine blakey, May 21, 2012, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christine blakey

www.hartlepool.nhs.uk/mynhs

This is copied from an email I received by signing up to a request for updates:-

Following the Hartlepool Locality Commissioning Group event on 28 February 2012, I am pleased to advise that the report of the event is now available online by visiting www.hartlepool.nhs.uk/mynhs

If you were able to join us at the event, may I take this opportunity to thank you for your contribution.

The event was a real success in providing local people with the opportunity to meet with their local GP commissioners, and enabling members of the Hartlepool Locality Commissioning Group to hear first hand the views of patients, carers and the public about local healthcare.

All of the comments made at the event have been recorded and will be taken on board by Hartlepool Locality Commissioning Group when finalising our Clear and Credible Plan (CCP) and in making our commissioning decisions over the coming year

steveL

Quote: "Clear and Credible Plan (CCP)"

Oh dear....it's come to something when people need to start entitling reports with an implied description of the quality of their contents.

People can sign up to be a member of the Hospital Trust and NHS Hartlepool and therefore become a 'stakeholder.' Many so called members are already Trust employees; the others are a mucky mixture of Councillors, busy bodies and others with more time on their hands than they know what do do with.

extract:"
Welcome to MY NHS

Why not take a moment to 'Have Your Say' or find out about how previous engagement with patients and the public has inputted into developments in the Work in Progress and 'You Said, We Did' sections.

If you like the sound of MY NHS why not 'Get Involved' and register. Its important that everybody's voice is heard when making decisions about local health services.

If you want to be kept up-to-date about MY NHS automatically you can subscribe as a MY NHS member.

In other words, the general public, who these bodies are meant to serve, are excluded from the consultation process unless they have an internet connection and take the time to sign up to be 'included'.

The real 'stakeholders' i.e. Mr &Mrs Jo and Jane Public, are too busy working their respective shift patterns, making financial ends meet and holding their families together to have any time left to 'sign' up to be members of these various 'stakeholder' groups. They therefore have to limit their own involvement to simply paying for the whole cabooble through their taxes and hoping against hope, that if and when any one of their own family actually needs some sort of health care support, it will be there.

More and more - it isn't.

Despite the Hospital Trusts claims, I have yet to meet any member of the public who thinks he/she has been consulted in any way over the recent changes to health provision in Hartlepool. Such consultations seem to be limited to those approved stakeholders whose opinions can be guaranteed to be 'on message.'

As we know from experience, actual contact with the great unwashed public by the Hospital Trust is something they are not at all keen on and something to be avoided at all cost.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

We're all manipulated by 'suits', transient, anonymous clerks elevated beyond reason and backed by more 'suits' to create a world of their own vision, utterly unrelated to the man and woman in the street. They come and they go and we are left with their legacy.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Reminds me of those polls where they go out and survey a couple of old pensioner ladies on world peace or changes to income tax because the rest of us are at work.
Ethel 92 from Waiting for God retirement home says that raising income tax is a good thing if she gets an electric knee blanket and they bring back Michael Barrymore on ITV.

So with the consent of Ethel, lets raise taxes, close an A&E, cut the busses, buy an expensive tin shed, sell a cheap football ground, bomb Iran, give out free bananas and give world peace for Christmas.

That was a bit OT but in reality what it comes down to it re. Hospital Trusts, GP services, Refuse collection etc. etc. all Jo public wants is to pay affordable taxes and get a decent service.
He doesn't care and shouldn't need to care about the management process, he just want's an appointment for his pills and his bin emptied.
I don't know or care who the non executive directors of ADSA are, but I do know I can go in there and get a carton of milk anytime I need to.

Why do we have to go through all this pain when it is for something that touches the public sector ?

I don't believe it.