Forward thinking police officer.

Started by notinshadow, May 16, 2012, 03: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notinshadow

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/community/community-news/letter-of-the-law-1-4547789

I thought this was a good idea for some members of the community, for the reasons it says in the article.

I also wonder if other member of the community will not think it is such a good idea and purposely target the boxes..smash them off the wall, setting them alight etc..

I hope they have drilled them into the brick and not the mortar..;D

brassed off monkey

A good idea, & hopefully it will be successful but given some of the "dross" that inhabits various parts of the town, i have my doubts.

One thing for sure, i wouldn`t like to be the one who has to put their hand into the box

Stig of the Seaton Dump

A fabulous idea if you live in fantasy land where there are no bad people.

A poor excuse for the police retreating back to their desks because of a lack of money (that we appear to pay more of every year !!!).

What next, bandage boxes in case you have a minor strain left in bus stops (might as well get some use out of them) and buckets of water at the corner of every street in case you have a little non urgent fire.

This idea struggles to ber half baked.
I don't believe it.

steveL

We should never give the battle ground over to those that seek to drain the life out of the community. Sure, there will be the usual ne'er do wells that seek to act as spoilers but a good idea is a good idea and we should all support it.

The idea that the responsibility of controlling crime is something we can conveniently hand over in its entirety to the boys in blue is nonsense - everyone has a part to play and anything that helps people to do that should be encouraged and supported. 
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Great Dictator

I would imagine some riff-raff will use the boxes for disposing of dog fowl.

Donkey Kong

Quote from: testicles on May 16, 2012, 10: AM
I would imagine some riff-raff will use the boxes for disposing of dog fowl.

Oh no, it's those pesky chickens again.

First they were clogging up the A19 and now they're dressing up as dogs and messing about with some boxes or other.

I blame the council.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

If people do treat them as extra doggy bins I suppose our paths will be cleaner ...so maybe they do have a positive use.

The police still have a postal address and we still have red post boxes looked after the royal mail so there is no need to reinvent the wheel.

Maybe I shouldn't count my chickens before they have gone woof.
I don't believe it.

christine blakey

This article will be copied and pasted into reports to make it look like in theory we have the police force of the year 2012-13.

They should have consulted HTH first as the above concerns about the matter are very true.

I am sure they will also have a camera and stalker ensuring that if they are busted, those that went to the said boxes will be targeted for being grasses. 

What a great society we live in.

They should also have advertised a back up plan to ensure that the information can be passed on in other ways.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Isn't there still a free phone number for Crimestoppers ...totally anonymous and much better thought out than some cheapo domestic mailboxes from Wilkinsons.
I don't believe it.

marky

oh give the man a chance, will you. It might be a good idea; it might be a load of tosh but at least he's thinking of ways to help things along. If this idea doesn't work then maybe he'll learn from it and come up with a better idea next time or, if he reads the comments made by you lot, he'll decide it's not worth the effort and not bother.

Donkey Kong

Quote from: marky on May 16, 2012, 12: PM
If this idea doesn't work then maybe he'll learn from it and come up with a better idea next time...

Like sorting out those bloody chickens?

marky

You have me at a disadvantage over the chickens - I have no idea what you're on about.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

chickens ...have you not noticed the fouling around on this website !!! ???

I don't believe it.

mk1