The Mails EU poll.

Started by Inspector Knacker, December 10, 2016, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

However, my point is that if they can do it on this particular topic, there are are more pressing local issues it could apply the same effort to. A bit of investigative journalism and polls of local opinion would be most welcome.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

kevplumb

err this is the mail your talking about

hell they even get their pics off google  ::)
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Inspector Knacker

Or have they had an His Masters Voice moment  ?

kevplumb

if i was a betting man
(which im not)
i'd say your on the money  8)
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!

Steely Dan

Pointless. Worthless. Ridiculous. We had an opinion poll. It was called a referendum.

Devils advocate

The mail are quoting "almost 3000 people took part" Do the mail actually have 3000 readers?

Lucy Lass-Tick

It's likely to include readers of the Sunderland Echo etc. Seems that an increasingly large amount of the Mail's content is generic.

Inspector Knacker

How much is 'almost 3000', surely it would be easier to quote the actual figure which I assume is in the 2000's ?
I imagine this was an on line poll, so how does almost 3000 compare to the Mails average daily circulation? It would appear a fair percentage of the circulation figure voted, but given the age profile of the average Mail reader I doubt they do very much of anything on line.

What I would appreciate is a poll of almost 3000 on topics closer to home, so carry on as you've started, but I won't raise my hopes.

seaton

I don't recall seeing the poll ?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: seaton on December 11, 2016, 04: AM
I don't recall seeing the poll ?
Me neither now you mention it, but they even had an editorial about it in Saturday's Mail which came as a surprise to me as they appear to not have an opinion of anything remotely political.
I would love a bit of questioning journalism, polls and editorials about local politics from a  local newspaper.

kevplumb

you been on the drink that early  ;D ;D ;D

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: kevplumb on December 11, 2016, 08: AM
you been on the drink that early  ;D ;D ;D
Just a chilled bottle of Screen wash I had in the fridge. The heads ringing but I can read a number plate half a mile away.