We are the 'Champions'...

Started by DRiddle, November 10, 2014, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

It doesn't seem to be going well for the various councillors voted into the 'Champions' positions earlier this year does it?

First we had 'Heritage Champion' Councillor Ainslie voting to build a house next to arguably the most important historical site in the whole town.

Then we saw 'Mental Health Champion', Councillor Akers-Belcher launch an employment tribunal against a Labour controlled council, which will be held shortly before the General Election.

And now we've seen the 'Armed Forces Champion' Councillor Barclay sitting in The Royal Navy Club during the most important date in the calendar for a man in that position and giving a mouthful to a member of the public.

It's not often I feel sorry for the leader of the Labour Party, but Christopher must be wondering how much worse it can get.

I'm waiting with baited breath for Labour to elect an 'animal welfare champion' and then the appointed 'champion' gets caught booting a tortoise over their garden fence...

Inspector Knacker

Champs to chumps........... nowt new there then.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Land Phil

Apologies if I am wrong but didn't a now ex Labour councillor get done for animal cruelty issues some years ago ?

That box my already be ticked. 

testing times

Sounds like this has potential for a new competition to me.

Robbie Payne - Literacy Champion
Kevin Cranney - Business Champion
Chris Simmons - Music Champion (he's actually quite good)
Marjorie James - Champion Tree Hugger

mk1

Quote from: testing times on November 10, 2014, 11: AM
Marjorie James - Champion Tree Hugger

She has a better claim to being a 'Families Champion' or  perhaps looking out for abandoned Children?

DRiddle

I just though I'd give this thread a re-airing. In my opening post I wrote

QuoteI'm waiting with baited breath for Labour to elect an 'animal welfare champion' and then the appointed 'champion' gets caught booting a tortoise over their garden fence...

We're not quite at that point yet, but we are now only 10 days away from the £300 a table animal welfare ball which will be attended by Labours 'great and good'.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-animal-welfare-charity-ball-tickets-54092898315?fbclid=IwAR3xlABDAajUTahI9tEkT6KUkTJbnpwUwrGa5PlJW6b59INAMhnGoE2r51Y

If you look closely at the events speakers you'll see first up is everybodies favourite tiger tickler, Christopher Akers-Belcher.

So if you're at a loose end next Saturday and you want to pay £300 a table to be lectured at on animal welfare by the bloke who paid money to cuddle sedated tigers, get your tickets via the link above.

The food is 100% meat free by the way, which makes it not dissimilar to the sausages in 'My Cafe' . . .

Lucy Lass-Tick

Oh dear ... hope they've got a magnum of the Widow chilled for the top table ...

Inspector Knacker

I can only assume animals are getting a vote in local elections?

mk1

Maybe someone should ask him about it?

Inspector Knacker

From the size of that leopard it's either stuffed or in a coma. I would not get that close!