Rift House and the Mayor's 'Charities'

Started by steveL, July 22, 2017, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

"We will be organising events to raise funds for my chosen charities which are the Rifty Youth Project and Macmillan Cancer Support - your kindness in supporting us will be extremely appreciated." Ceremonial Mayor Paul Beck

. . . and another own goal for 2015's 'Liar of Year Award'. The Rifty Youth Project is NOT a registered charity but it is close to SAB's heart which, presumably, is why the sycophantic Beck chose it in the first place. Then again, if it isn't a registered charity; then what the hell is it? Surely someone is keeping some sort of accounts otherwise it might look as if people are being asked to donate to some questionable cause without anyone having any way of knowing how the money was being used........and that could never happen in Hartlepool, could it?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

marky

Didn't Cook claim that the Mayoral charity efforts were themselves a registered charity on one of its event tickets and when the charity number number was checked it turned out to be Hartlepool Roundtable

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: marky on July 22, 2017, 02: PM
Didn't Cook claim that the Mayoral charity efforts were themselves a registered charity on one of its event tickets and when the charity number number was checked it turned out to be Hartlepool Roundtable

Good point.

fred c

The Rifty Youth Project...............Tuesday and Friday 17:00 to 19.00

Youth Project - providing youth and community activities............Suitable for children and young people aged 7 to 18 years.

4 hours a week.... mmmmmm a whole 4 hours......

I wonder will The Mayor a.k.a. Big Fibber Beck, provide the itemised accounts of his 'Charitable Donations' for public scrutiny and as important, in fact possibly more importantly, will the 'Donor Organisations' provide there itemised accounts for public scrutiny ?

steveL

After SAB finally finished his stint as Mayor, HBC refused to publish an itemised list of events and what was raised as a result of those events; neither would they publish a list of donating organisations or individuals with associated amounts donated. In short, there's no way of knowing that all of the money raised actually ended up in the coffers of the nominated charities; obviously, some did, but did all of it?

We'll never know.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

If and I say 'If'..... HBC have anything to do with banking and keeping the Mayors charity appeals bank account, they are using council employees to do it, the employees are paid via the public purse, ergo that information should be available to the public ?........ or am I expecting to much of the people we pay to manage the affairs of 'Our Council' ?

Would HBC / Mayor need to keep HMRC appraised of the charitable donations received and donated...... any accountants or finance savvy Post users have any thoughts.?

I also seem to remember the boast of £40,000 in total for SABS Mayoral charity tenure ?

There are many things that go on within our local authority in all sorts of areas that are unavailable to the council tax payers of the town...... is that as it should be ?

testing times

I dare say that it's a truism that the most deserving charities are the ones you hear least about.

Inspector Knacker

Will the two recipients of the charity funding receive 50% each, or if not, at what ratio will it be divided?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

Quote from: Riddler5 on July 22, 2017, 07: PM
Will the two recipients of the charity funding receive 50% each, or if not, at what ratio will it be divided?

Riddler...... can I suggest that a few users of The Post pose those questions to.........

Ms G Alexander.....   gill.alexander@hartlepool.gov.uk   

Mr P Devlin.....  Peter.Devlin@hartlepool.gov.uk

The Ceremonial Mayor Cllr P Beck.....  paul.beck@hartlepool.gov.uk

The more people who take the time to ask our leaders questions, the broader the answer base becomes..... you know, as do most of The Posts users, that getting answers to the publics questions is getting more and more difficult,..... the less answers they give, the more people realise that things aren't as they should be with the towns council.

As steveL mentioned......

After SAB finally finished his stint as Mayor, HBC refused to publish an itemised list of events and what was raised as a result of those events; neither would they publish a list of donating organisations or individuals with associated amounts donated. In short, there's no way of knowing that all of the money raised actually ended up in the coffers of the nominated charities; obviously, some did, but did all of it?

We'll never know.

Inspector Knacker

Surely the amount received should be revealed as well as the donors and their donations. Apart from accounting for the donations,  it's helpful to know and appreciate who made the donations.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on July 22, 2017, 08: PM
Quote from: Riddler5 on July 22, 2017, 07: PM

Riddler...... can I suggest that a few users of The Post pose those questions to.........

Ms G Alexander.....   gill.alexander@hartlepool.gov.uk   

Mr P Devlin.....  Peter.Devlin@hartlepool.gov.uk

The Ceremonial Mayor Cllr P Beck.....  paul.beck@hartlepool.gov.uk

The more people who take the time to ask our leaders questions, the broader the answer base becomes..... you know, as do most of The Posts users, that getting answers to the publics questions is getting more and more difficult,..... the less answers they give, the more people realise that things aren't as they should be with the towns council.

As steveL mentioned......

We'll never know.

The only reason I mentioned ratios, was was because without them, Billy Bomgo's Maximun Security Twilight Home for Confused Councillors could receive 99.9% while The Cuddly Home for Cute Orphan Puppies could end up with only 0.1% and we'd never know.That's why we need a breakdown.

fred c

Finance and Policy Committee Meeting...... 10am tomorrow, Cwistopher is in The Chair....... On the agenda.....Summerhill Cafe.

It could well prove to be an entertaining meeting..........

kevplumb

Quote from: fred c on July 23, 2017, 07: PM
Finance and Policy Committee Meeting...... 10am tomorrow, Cwistopher is in The Chair....... On the agenda.....Summerhill Cafe.

It could well prove to be an entertaining meeting..........

you allowed in yet fred ????
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

fred c

Yeah, I am popping along to hear CABS explanation about HBC's loss making cafe empire..... I noticed on the front page that in the Rossy Park refurb, a cafe is planned...... there is a busy little cafe in the old rent office that is sited within the parks boundary, what are they planning, kick them out to make way for another council failure.

They also have someone interested in the Summerhill Cafe.......... obviously they won't say who it is...... could it be a councillors ???

Inspector Knacker

The cafe in Rossmere does a good business.
Say no more.
A new cafe run by the council would no doubt bring their own own unique King Midas touch (in reverse)