Labour run council jaunt to Cannes, South of france

Started by grim reaper, May 29, 2017, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grim reaper

According to reports (whistleblower) to Press, Labour councillors find it necessary to fly to Cannes to have a meeting regarding the management of property.

This is a council that is complaining of Govt. cut backs to their budget and yet this freebie junket is costing the ratepayers £44,000.  :o
                                           Hartlepool council?
Not this time; this is Labour Haringey council, in a poor suburb of London.

But it simply illustrates the ease with which councillors believe themselves privy to ratepayers money, to spend as THEY feel fit, not what the ratepayers actually require.
Wilcox is a perfect example of tens of thousands of pounds being spent without the normal, mandatory checks and balances being brought into play by our Cllrs.  >:(

Now I know the 'usual suspects' will cry 'Tory councils do it as well'.  ::)

Yes, but...it is Labour that crow about being the 'party of the people', not like the 'nasty party Tories'.

When I read this scandalous freebie to France, the Wilcox saga, Diane Abbott supporting the IRA killers, how she would shut down MI5....I know which is the nasty party and it isn't Tory.
(Oops, sorry, I've mentioned a 'brown' person).  :-*

fred c

Quote from: grim reaper on May 29, 2017, 12: PM

(Oops, sorry, I've mentioned a 'brown' person).  :-*

It's the Brown Stuff in her head we need to worry about... :)

She has done as much damage to Labour Nationally as CAB n SAB have Locally

mk1

Ask yourself why Boris is missing from the Tory Election Campaign.  You would think such a high-profile character would be all over the telly and his  absence is telling. He is being kept in a box because of his penchant for putting his foot in it. I understand that panic has set in at Tory HQ over May's nose-dive in the polls and they are going to try and let Boris off the leash in the coming weeks to try and halt the slide.
If you want to understand more about 'corruption' a good start would be to research  Boris and his decision to build a 'Garden Bridge' over the Thames to see how Crony Capitalism really works.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/apr/15/garden-bridge-project-is-a-landmark-of-the-post-truth-era

mk1

Quote from: grim reaper on May 29, 2017, 12: PM

Yes, but...it is Labour that crow about being the 'party of the people', not like the 'nasty party Tories'.

You are not up to speed on the current Tory Campaign. May is positioning herself as the champion of the people with a promise to protect and expand workers rights.

But clearly you are right. It is only Labour politicians that are corrupt-being 'brown' is just a bonus for dingbats like you. Did you have to stifle the urge to stress the fact she was a woman as well?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-40003611

A council chief and the leader of the Conservatives on Lancashire County Council (LCC) have been arrested as part of a long-running fraud investigation, the BBC understands.
Police said four men, aged 72, 58, 56 and 55, were being held in the probe into financial irregularities at LCC.
Liverpool City Council's chief executive Ged Fitzgerald and leader of the Tories at LCC Geoff Driver are among those arrested.

akarjl

Cant find a link but didn't Angus the monkey disappear off to florida once to "investigate" the possibility of cruise ships going into Hartlepool? Ludicrous as they wouldn't fit ( too deep in water) and there was then talk of tendering passengers in ...an example of simply wasting money.

MK1 credit where credit due you find some interesting stuff. Your research is second to none. We can only hope that ONE DAY we see the scabinists subject to the same in-depth investigations regarding their shenanigans.

ReturntoZenda

Quote from: mk1 on May 29, 2017, 01: PM
Ask yourself why Boris is missing from the Tory Election Campaign.  You would think such a high-profile character would be all over the telly and his  absence is telling. He is being kept in a box because of his penchant for putting his foot in it. I understand that panic has set in at Tory HQ over May's nose-dive in the polls and they are going to try and let Boris off the leash in the coming weeks to try and halt the slide.
If you want to understand more about 'corruption' a good start would be to research  Boris and his decision to build a 'Garden Bridge' over the Thames to see how Crony Capitalism really works.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/apr/15/garden-bridge-project-is-a-landmark-of-the-post-truth-era

But we're not talking about that, we're talking about a Labour council. You debate like one of my children.

mk1

Quote from: ReturntoZenda on May 29, 2017, 04: PM

But we're not talking about that, we're talking about a Labour council.

'We' is not 'me'. I can introduce any point I like to counter what was clearly a partial and one-sided view of things.

grim reaper

Hook, line & sinker.
He never fails to turn a topic into some sort of 'racial' aspect and resorts to childish taunts.  ::)
People on here need call Harry B...I think the petulant mk1 is a family member.
He is certainly familial in his snide posts here.

It's a pity his rush to see  his Googled pearls of wisdom can't wait until he reads posts properly.
Nowhere in MY post did I say 'only Labour politicians are corrupt'.

It's the same M.O. as HB.
He really is a bong-eyed, racist loony.   :P

mk1

Quote from: grim reaper on May 29, 2017, 04: PM

People on here need call Harry B...I think the petulant mk1 is a family member.
He is certainly familial in his snide posts here.

I think Harry/James are in a bit of a bind. Clearly I am one of the few here who could be loosely described as pis*sing from the same 'tent' as them. Perhaps they see me the same way as LBJ saw Hoover in 1971?

akarjl

Worringly, again I find myself, on this occasion , in agreement with MK1 ;) It seems 90%+ of politicians loose track of why they have been elected the further up the ladder they crawl.

Other than a small handful at the Kremlin how many decent people do you know of who are involved in politics either locally or nationally who are not in it to either improve their pockets/lifestyle standing or to flatter/support their own misguided self opinion?

One local MP will do? ......No?

OK Any MP who's is not more worried about their rankings and the party than they are about the people they represent? It's the nature of the beast, they are actors playing to a crowd.

Harry B comes across as an unpleasant delusional bully. His FB posts support this opinion.