Council Tax Meeting 3.9%

Started by Land Phil, February 10, 2016, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Land Phil

It would be nice if the council tax vote could be streamed live and shared as far and wide as possible on social media.

Land Phil

How much audience participation will we get away with as the vote for the rise takes place ?

steveL

Quote from: Land Phil on February 15, 2016, 10: AM
How much audience participation will we get away with as the vote for the rise takes place ?

Not much. The decision to increase council tax by 3.9% has already been taken in effect.

What people will see on Thursday is a fake debate. Labour are already under instructions and the Tories will have already agreed to support it. Wells will talk about 'reluctance' but concentrate his main efforts bitching about Riddle and Thompson and say something about those councillors not attending day-time meetings.

Wells doesn't work, of course, although he tells everyone who asks that he is a property developer. I would describe him more as a consultant, really; that's the nicest way I can describe it.

Riddle will question why there is a need to raise council tax at all with so much waste going on and in a relatively short space of time the bottoms on the labour side will start shuffling as they realise how much drinking time they are losing.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

Quotesay something about those councillors not attending day-time meetings

I was at one on Friday gone at 9.15am. There were no Conservative councillors there, all 3 had put in their apologies.

::)

Hartlepudlion

I have been told that the  Finance and Policy Committee are meeting this afternoon at 2.30

The CT is on the agenda

Foggy

Quote from: steveL on February 15, 2016, 12: PM
Quote from: Land Phil on February 15, 2016, 10: AM

Not much. The decision to increase council tax by 3.9% has already been taken in effect.

What people will see on Thursday is a fake debate. Labour are already under instructions and the Tories will have already agreed to support it. Wells will talk about 'reluctance' but concentrate his main efforts bitching about Riddle and Thompson and say something about those councillors not attending day-time meetings.

Wells doesn't work, of course, although he tells everyone who asks that he is a property developer. I would describe him more as a consultant, really; that's the nicest way I can describe it.

Riddle will question why there is a need to raise council tax at all with so much waste going on and in a relatively short space of time the bottoms on the labour side will start shuffling as they realise how much drinking time they are losing.
Just to add... Public will show support and applaud the points that Riddle. Thompson and Brash make.  A few Labour Councillors will look uncomfortable but the majority will look at the public like they are a pile of dog cr@p they have stepped in. There are a couple of female Labour Councillors who particular enjoy throwing a few 'daggers' at the public.  I wonder when they will ever wake up and smell the coffee.

I will be very interested to hear the LabCons justification for raising council tax and their responses to the points made about wasting millions of pounds of council funds on literally nothing.  I suspect there are council officers furiously creating hundreds of statements as we speak to cover all eventualities.  We all know its not safe to let the Labour lot 'debate'.  They may end up hitting a 'rare' nerve.

Should we take bets on which Councillor makes the first snide personal comment (which they won't be pulled up on of course).  My money is on SAB but if he has been gagged then it has to be Carl.  I'm not sure I've ever heard him speak without throwing a snide comment in, usually about attendance.

seaton

The article has been moved from the front page of the online version of The Mail, it's still there but you have to scroll down. It would be interesting to know who posts under the name Usual Suspect, Riddle hater, never has a good word to say about him.

fred c

One thing is for certain The Man In The Threadbare suit won't ever mention his attendace.....  at work that is, he has lived off public money for years like a few of the others.... they wouldn't work in a iron lung

mk1

Quote from: seaton on February 15, 2016, 02: PM
It would be interesting to know who posts under the name Usual Suspect, Riddle hater, never has a good word to say about him.

The bulk of the Riddle-hating posts come from the mad cyclist and his rugby chum.

Land Phil

I think we will be waiting forever for the mad cyclist to give us the answer to the universe and everything assuming everything in the universe isn't wrong.

He verbally battered a lot of good people in Hartleool because they were not a member of MENSA, shame they got the same treatment as the rotten mob.

DRiddle

The 'genie in the bottle' Labour are keen to keep a lid on is the actual amount of council tax (in pounds) the 3.9% rise will add to the council's coffers.

It's not a secret in that the figure is available, but nor is it a figure Labour have happily bandied around in the local media.

People who use this site know already about the wastage (there's too much to mention here) and when you look at the estimated figure regarding wasted money and the actual figure the rise will bring in, that's when it becomes blatantly obvious the problem isn't being caused by the Tories.

I can think of the payroll system of just ONE local (now defunct) residents association which saw more money pass through it than would have been needed to avoid having to raise the council tax.

That's just one waste of funding.... of which there are many.

The Great Dictator

The bald cyclist isn't a member of MENSA and neither is his Spennymoor friend or the hobo lookalike Riddle.

steveL

Ged Hall once had membership of MENSA on his register of interests and I think SAB is still an active member of the Chipper Club - actually, he's the only one left. No one has the balls to tell him that it was wound up years ago in case he throws another wobbler.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/tees/hi/people_and_places/history/newsid_8976000/8976858.stm
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Ste P

It is quite embarrassing to think that the once mayor of Hartlepool is known for throwing tantrums and wobblers.

I do hope all that go to the pre-rehearsed Panto on Thursday night get an eyeful and hope that the joint Labour/conservative Party members continue with the hissy fits.

mk1

Quote from: Ste P on February 16, 2016, 12: PM
It is quite embarrassing to think that the once mayor of Hartlepool is known for throwing tantrums and wobblers.

Anyone have his school record?
What schools did SAB attend in Hartlepool?