Night of the Three Bitches

Started by Foggy, January 19, 2016, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

I gave it up at 9.30pm,  Mary had to go home, the way she chaired tonights meeting, it was a pity she turned up in the first place, it really was embarrassing to watch her performance
I hate to say it, but the task is beyond her, if she isn't seeking advice from the CEO, she is turning to Cranney, in fact she spent more time whispering to him than addressing the meeting.

Once again we saw personal insults directed at the free thinking councillors by members of the clowncouncil, including Lying Ste having a pop at Brash & Thompson & Mr Obsequious  having a dig at Thompson without Devlin picking him up on it.

The democratic process has been eroded by the ruling group over time & it is still under attack from them, what is going on is beyond reasonable political behaviour, it is tantamount  to a dictatorship.

At least 2 of the clowncillors passed sarcastic comments towards the public gallery, with reference to complaints by members of the public at the last meeting regarding the appalling sound system.

All in all, Hartlepool Council is proving to be in a dysfunctional state & that is compounded by the complicity of council officers in pandering to the whims & fancies of the LabTor Mob.

craig finton

Sounds like fun. When does the edited unedited video become available?  ;D

steveL

They say that nature abhors a vacuum but I think that's a bit unfair on Trish Lawton.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

minime

We all finally escaped at 10.50. Had lost the will to live by then. The 2 minute comfort break that turned into 15 didn't help. A few other labour councillors made their escape at that point.

Everything is a bit of a blur but did i hear SAB refer to certain other councillors as fascists? I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't make it into the 'official' video.

There was a bit of amusement at the end when Councillor Thompson asked for an explanation as to why the 3 labour councillors walked out of the CFA meeting. Their spokesperson (MJ) said that she couldn't discuss the circumstances as a formal complaint had been made about it which was to be investigated. So an explanation will have to wait until the investigation is over. Councillor Brash did take the opportunity to make a very valid (yet sarcastic) point about it being terrible that councillors were unable to speak at a meeting.  ;D

Alnwickist

Enlighten me, "orang-u-tangs" ???

steveL

Union people or puppet masters, depending on your point of view. They have what they consider to be a 'reserved' group of seats in the corner of the council chamber and are often found to be already seated when the doors of the council chamber are unlocked. It's quite common for such people to take part in the pre-meeting gathering of the Labour Group in Committee Room B before each council meeting and they have frequently been given access to 'pink-papered' documents against all council protocols. They are referred to as orang-u-tangs because of the incoherent noises they make when something they disapprove of happens in the council chamber.

Several Labour Councillors are union sponsored.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

I wonder what the Union people really make of the current situation. Month after month they witness first hand a tour de force from Brash, knowing they essentially allowed him to be kicked out.

Across the floor as this happens they witness a haphazard bunch of waifs and strays (at least one of whom I've seen literally asleep) try to compete.

Last night the latest member to try and 'take him on' was Stephen.

As a spectacle, I imagine it was like watching Oscar Wilde debate with Chewbacca from Star wars...

steveL

Strange comment. Brashy looks nowt like Chewbacca

Alnwickist

Right understand, haven't been to a full council meeting for a while.Not going to rush in either.

minime

I am tempted to say don't bother as it is painful but I think it would be good if more people attend in the run up to the election.

SAB's outbursts were amusing, particularly about hitting a 'rare nerve'!  ;D However, he has absolutely no sense of reality as he has no idea quite how ridiculous and hypocritical his statements are. 

Foggy

The video of the meeting is now on the council website:

https://www.hartlepool.gov.uk/info/20004/council_and_democracy/495/full_council_meetings_-_recorded_footage

It seems the best way to listen is with the volume right up and headphones in.  You can hear some things surprisingly clearly  ;)

One question I do have... and forgive me if I have missed something or am wrong... Is Councillor Brash standing down in May?  I thought I heard him say at one point that he wouldn't be asking for votes in May. It is a shame if that is the case.

Inspector Knacker

If  filmed as a fly on the wall documentary it would be condemned as a Spitting Image spoof.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Hubris

What a night!
Watched the video and it fully restored my faith that the destiny and well-being of our town is in safe hands. The eloquence of the speakers, the un-biased opinions, the magnamity towards the opposition, the sheer professionalism of our elected members (and officers) was exemplary. SAB was comparable to Cicero with his powerful and well-reasoned oratory. It was a shame Mary had a date with her Ovaltine and Steradent, but at least her disapearance gave Big Kev a chance to strut his stuff (artlepools hanswer to enry iggins)
All told, Brian Rix or Fedeau couldn't have put on a better farce.

Just a thought on Handsome Ste's maths on the Bakery costs,  which seems to be out to the tune of a factor of 1000, maybe their new love nest came in at only £500, so a couple that are 1. Unemployed 2. On long term sick from a short-term contract could actually manage to get a mortgage if his figures were used.

fred c

Someone was playing with the figures for Andersons Bakery even before Lying Ste showed his mathematical acumen off to it's full extent.

According to the results of an F.O.I to HBC several months ago, the building was purchased for £148, 000.

Foggy

How on earth did SAB manage to translate 118,000 into "one thousand eighteen hundred"?!

Further evidence that people should pass some sort of test before being allowed to be a councillor. I bet he thought Jackson's Landing was purchased for £15.  ::)

God help us.