Wright Booed At Hospital Rally

Started by testing times, February 14, 2015, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

testing times

oh dear, it's not looking good for our MP. He must be down to his core vote by now but plenty will say that this will still be enough to see him through.  :-[

Hartlepudlion

Yes, he received far more boos and jeers then any other speaker. He didn't look at all happy! Mind you, he didn't have much backing from the Labour Cllrs. His time is up.

And where were our local leaders? NO CAB! NO SAB! NO RMW! Just shows who they support and their utter contempt of us, the residents. WAKE UP Hartlepool and get rid of this self-seeking trio and their supporters.

Lord Elpus

Rumour has it he'd requested police protection.  Dead man walking (politically).

ashamedtobebritish

Iain Wright is finished in Hartlepool..... I genuinely believe that if by some quirks of fortune he gets in again it will be rigged big time.

fred c

There were 2 police officers, 3 PCSO`s & an assortment of security officers from the shoping centre in attendance, I reckon around 300 people attended, Fisher received a good reception as did D Riddle.

When the flaccid Member approached the micro phones he was roundly boo`ed,when he started to speak a lot of people turned their backs to him, but that was the least of his concerns, he came in for a sustained barrage of abuse from a lot of people.

He definately didn`t look comfortable & appeared to cut short his prepared speech before walking off the stage.

The Member was left in no dout that he is under extreme duress in his quest to retain his seat in May.

I did notice that Mob Member Rob Cook was there, but i didn`t notice any other Mob members in attendance...... The Fat Boy must have been on official business today, the civic car was outside of 101 Westbrooke Ave at 9 am.

ashamedtobebritish

It was Valentines Day.

Maybe he was delivering something more than just a box of Cadburys Milk Tray  :P

eeeeugh Wouldn't have liked to have been a fly on the wall in that house !

Certainly Don't think it warrants the use of the Civic Vehicle though and questions need to be raised into why the civic car is being used on a weekend when I was under the impression it was to be used for Civic Duties only.

ashamedtobebritish

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/11794806.MP_faces_boos_from_crowd_at_Save_Our_Hospital_demonstration/?ref=rss

At least the Northern Echo gave the protest some coverage.

Cant seem to find anything from the Evening Gazette..

Lord Elpus

I hope Shighty hasn't got a cat, if he has I bet it made itself scarce yesterday afternoon. 

The lack of support of Shighty by Labour Councillors seemed to be a reality.  Those that were there stayed in the background.  Someone told me one of them even joined in the heckling.

Land Phil

Would one f you kind clever people please put up a 'top of the list' post for tomorrows council meeting ?

...thank you in anticipation.

norfolkngoode

The Liebour party are the reason we no longer have a hospital.....
(We need to continue to shout this from the rooftops at anyone who will listen)

They have done nothing for the town after (supposedly) representing us politically, for over 50 years......

Wee Jimmy Krankie has done nothing for the town since becoming MP.......

He is without doubt the worst MP we have ever had. (Has there ever been a good one?)

The lemmings will still vote for him, and he will, sadly still be our MP come May.

'They don't like it up em'

Lord Elpus

I suppose this is Ground Hog day for Shighty, one from a different angle;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RARGNOeBf1k

steveL

If anyone knows of any on-line videos of the speeches made by Philip Broughton, Richard Royal, David Riddle or the NUM bloke (who I can't remember the name of) then can you post the urls on here so that in fairness we can show those videos too.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Lord Elpus

I wonder how long it will be for Shighty to get Andy Burnham and Ed (the Red) Miliband to visit Hartlepool with the so predictable pre-election promise.

Even Shighty can't be desperate enough try it again?

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.