ANOTHER CANDIDATE DECLARES FOR THE GENERAL ELECTION IN PARTYPOOL

Started by dowager, January 06, 2015, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marky

I think that quite a few people vote not for who they really want to win but instead for the person they think WILL win. Some people just like to be on the winning side. ::)

testing times

The money has to be on Wright retaining the seat by default. I was told that on the recent hospital walk Wright was isolated inside an invisible, 6ft circle where no one else would tread; almost as if he was radio-active.  Jimmy no-mates.

DRiddle

Not strictly true that no one would walk with him. There's a photo somewhere that shows Beck and Commie Carl by his side.

They say you can tell a lot about a man by the company he keeps.

not4me

...but isn't that just the same as saying no one would walk with him? :o I bet carl had a hidden flask somewhere to keep him topped up - it was a long walk - I bet he didn't make it passed the first pub. ::)

Balotelli

Is councillor Richardson's alledged drink problem documented somehwere?

I only ask because people on here seem to allude to it a lot.

mk1

Quote from: Balotelli on January 20, 2015, 03: PM

You only have to look at Barclay to see how excessive drinking is tolerated or even  encouraged.

mrb

Why not the Greens? What has Mrs Ryder done to put them out of the equation?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Balotelli on January 20, 2015, 03: PM

Are you a member of a political party...?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Balotelli

No.  Parties are what's stopping elected officials from doing what the electorate want them to do.

DRiddle

This is part of a comment apparently made by Richard Royal which has been doing the round on local social media. He submitted it in response to some questions put to him.

QuoteCouncil tax can be one of the largest outgoings in any individual's or family's budget, and freezes since 2010 have saved the average household over £1,000 over the course of the Parliament. We've pledged additional grant funding for councils that continue to freeze it. In Hartlepool this has indeed been frozen, in part due to pressure by local Conservative councillors, but it remains unacceptably high and I encourage the Labour council to cut it in order to allow people to keep more of their hard-earned money.

The bit in bold caught my eye. It seems that not only should we be GRATEFUL that we have ONLY the 3rd highest rate of council tax in the entire country, we should also be contacting Ray Wells and co. thanking them for ensuring it's so 'low'.

I wonder how long it is before the tories gag this fella in the same way UKIP have put a muzzle of some of their chaps. 

clav 73

Has no one told him he's not part the national tory party but the hartlepool conservative party or otherwise know as a sub divisions of the hartlepool labour party