ANOTHER CANDIDATE DECLARES FOR THE GENERAL ELECTION IN PARTYPOOL

Started by dowager, January 06, 2015, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

Morrels Pork Pies do more good for Hartlepudlians than the flaccid "Member"

May will be a defining point in Hartlepool politics, if wright retains his seat the town will stagnate even further under the "Member & TorLab Mob, the propaganda currently being pedalled by all & sundry about the Vision will just vanish after the election....... Talk about Blowing Smoke Out Of Their Ar**s

Inspector Knacker

If, come the end of May, we still have the talking head as MP and the cast of Willy Wonka are still resident in  our very own  Chocolate Factory ..... we will at least have the compensation of seeing if the things they shout about have a life beyond  the years end.
I don't listen to repetetive chanting from politicians.... it's a sign they're drowning.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lord Elpus

All these Candidates and not one I'd vote for.

Phil blew it in the Town Hall, (if not before).  'Shighty' and 'Tory Boy' have no chance of ever getting my vote, I hold them in equal contempt. 

Won't vote Green (poisoned in Hartlepool by Iris the Virus).  At this rate I could end up spoiling my ballot paper.

Wot a sorry state of affairs.

mk1

Anyone can waste their vote.
If you (and all like you) do nothing then for certain Wright will get back in.
So not voting has conseqences.

If as is claimed none of the above are too your liking then use your vote to harm the one you most dislike.

Or just continue moaning.............

Lord Elpus

I prone to moan at the Candidates on show.

Pack of t**** seems a fair summary. 

Balotelli

Lord Elpus,

For once I am inclined to concur with your view.

However, Mr Royal has told me that he intends to answer my questions, so I will wait until he replies before expressing a final opinion on him.  My instinct says any member of the current Tory party will not have this towns interests at heart.

My other instinct is that a couple of the candidates may not be what they seem at all.

At the minute, as much as I'd like to remove Wright I don't see anyone I could vote for in good conscience.

I've said from the off with this election that if someone offers a realistic chance of getting rid of Wright and they weren't someone awful like the BNP or someone with no competence I'd consider voting.  At the minute, not happening.

Worryingly, I don't see the outcome of the local elections making much different.  Perhaps the path to change is in exciting the interest of the Police in some of the goings on in this town?

fred c

Quote from: Balotelli on January 18, 2015, 11: PM
Lord Elpus,

For once I am inclined to concur with your view.

However, Mr Royal has told me that he intends to answer my questions, so I will wait until he replies before expressing a final opinion on him.  My instinct says any member of the current Tory party will not have this towns interests at heart.

My other instinct is that a couple of the candidates may not be what they seem at all.

At the minute, as much as I'd like to remove Wright I don't see anyone I could vote for in good conscience.

I've said from the off with this election that if someone offers a realistic chance of getting rid of Wright and they weren't someone awful like the BNP or someone with no competence I'd consider voting.  At the minute, not happening.

Worryingly, I don't see the outcome of the local elections making much different.  Perhaps the path to change is in exciting the interest of the Police in some of the goings on in this town?

A few of us tried that approach at the height of the Manor Residents Scandal, most of us didn`t even get a reply to our concerns.

Balotelli

OK,

Here's a question.

So far, it's looking like voters have a choice of Wright, Broughton, Royal or Picton.

Even if you wouldn't vote for any of them, who do you rate the most? Feel free to list all four in rank order.

The Great Dictator

Lucy Lass-Tick

1. Picton
      2. Broughton
      3. Royal
      4. Wright

Balotelli

So far following communications with 3 of them:

Royal
Broughton - Wright - Equal
Picton

Royal is a Tory and although he's yet to answer some of my questions on how he equates Tory policy on welfare with the needs of Hartlepool, I suspect that he won't be able to.  Despite this he'll be a sight better than racist, bigoted UKIP and Wright whose failings are common knowledge.

I think Picton is well meaning and enthusiastic but lacking in experience and political nous.  He's backed by councillor Paul Thompson but more telling, a whole host of names from the Hartlepool Challenge Facebook group who seem fixated with the idea that there's a bowling alley in the executive office of the NHS Trust when they're not fighting with each other.  I'm getting a bit of deja vu there.

I think we'll end up with Wright again.

Riqueti

I would like to see evidence of this bowling alley. I wonder if that is why the one at Teesbay closed down?

I doubt Mr Royal's ability to engage with the members of the town. I do not feel that Mr Picton has the experience at the level needed to represent the town in the House of Commons. There is more to politics than the hospital. Mr Wright, well I am still waiting for him to deliver. Mr Broughton, I am unable to speculate as I have no interest in UKIP however I feel that he may still pull a good amount of votes.

steveL

The odds always favour the incumbent. I'm afraid many, if not most people take no real interest and will put their cross against the name that they recognise and a great chunk of the rest will decide on the outcome of the TV coverage. I don't think there's a great deal of thought goes into what is best for Hartlepool locally. I've heard a lot of people agree with the notion that Hartlepool would be best served if it became a marginal but how many people give the matter that degree of consideration?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Balotelli

I think on a pure ability level Royal, has the potential to be a good MP, certainly better than Wright.  He's making good attempts at engaging people sensibly.

Because he's a member of the conservative party he'll likely vote whatever way he's told on the important stuff.

As much as Picton is likely a very nice bloke, it's becoming apparent that he's the front man for a group of people with fairly vague ideas about what they want.

I agree with Steve that the odds favour Wright and his core Labour vote of 8,000 will vote exactly the same way as they always do meaning whoever is in opposition needs to scoop up a lot of the floaters those making an informed choice.

I don't see anything out there that's going to inspire the non-voters to bother.

fred c

The Hospital has gone, so for me it`s not about fighting to get it re-opened, its about getting rid of the worst MP Hartlepool has had in the last 50 years.

If showing him up for being an out & out Liar over the Hospital issue is a tactic used to help in his removal so much the better, it doesn`t matter about the Political acumen of the candidates for me, there are dozens & dozens of MP`s who have absolutely no idea about what the men & women on the Clapham Omnibus think & sadly, they don`t care as long as they are filling their boots.

Politics in this country is broken & the odd kick in the Kn***ers to the establishment may just make the difference in safe seats like Hartlepool

I have no idea how the political system could be changed, but a system that supports the 85 richest people owning more than 3.5 Billion of the worlds poorest needs to be changed.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2014/01/23/the-85-richest-people-in-the-world-have-as-much-wealth-as-the-3-5-billion-poorest/