Father Jack tells Radio Chief to F**k Off

Started by Lord Elpus, November 09, 2014, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Party Pooper

Quote from: Party Pooper on November 10, 2014, 08: AM
Quote from: Lord Elpus on November 10, 2014, 05: AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2825668/Farage-demands-lay-wreath-Cenotaph-blames-closed-shop-British-politics-snub.html
Disgusting that this prick attempts to hijack the Remembrance Day service for his own ends he should be ashamed of himself.
[/quote
Just to clear up any confusion. The "prick" in question here is the multi millionaire Nigel Farage who attempts to hijack Remembrance Day for his own ends. Lord Elpus I have no reason to believe these descriptions fit you.

Mican

Quote from: Party Pooper on November 10, 2014, 08: AM
Quote from: Lord Elpus on November 10, 2014, 06: AM
Quote from: Mican on November 10, 2014, 12: AM
Were you at the remembrance service today wearing your poppy?  Nice photo in the mail regarding the turning down of the homes for "Veterans".

I've attended the cenotaph almost every year of my adult life, for very personal reasons it matters to me.
Very commendable Mican ANC you have my respect for that. But where were your chatty UKIP Councillors ?

What a clown, these comments were made by Lord Elpus.  Strange how these things always end up being about UKIP.  How very very childish.  Having a full figure photo of yourself alongside the headline regarding the blocking of homes for veterans the day before Remembrance Sunday is not what I would say was the brightest of ideas, no doubt this will have been engineered by UKIP. 

Party Pooper

My apologies to both
Firstly to you Lord Elpus I thought it was Mican who said he attended the ceremony every year. My respect to you LE.
Secondly my sincerest apologies to you Mican for mistaking you for someone with sense.

Lord Elpus

In reply to Mican, Funny I thought it was the Mail editorial staff who decided what went in their paper.

Mican

Quote from: Party Pooper on November 10, 2014, 10: AM
My apologies to both
Firstly to you Lord Elpus I thought it was Mican who said he attended the ceremony every year. My respect to you LE.
Secondly my sincerest apologies to you Mican for mistaking you for someone with sense.

Easily done when you can't read properly.  Now about the "question"  should I have put spaces between the letters to make it easier?

Mican

Quote from: Lord Elpus on November 10, 2014, 10: AM
In reply to Mican, Funny I thought it was the Mail editorial staff who decided what went in their paper.

I assume by that the Mail didn't speak to you or you to them?  Certainly if that was my photo alongside the headline, I would be asking for an apology.

ashamedtobebritish

Allan Barclay

He gets everywhere doesnt he.

He even found the time to go to Craggy Island for a Publicity Shot look.....

Land Phil

Come on Ashamedtobebritish, if you are going to a job, finish it ...we need the rest of the faces changing.

May I suggest Wells for Mrs Doyle, SAB or CAB as Dougal and Stubbs or Devlin as Ted.

testing times

There's seems little acknowledgement within the local council of how people in public life are expected to behave. A very sad situation in my humble opinion. :-[

ashamedtobebritish

Quote from: Land Phil on November 10, 2014, 11: AM
Come on Ashamedtobebritish, if you are going to a job, finish it ...we need the rest of the faces changing.

May I suggest Wells for Mrs Doyle, SAB or CAB as Dougal and Stubbs or Devlin as Ted.

I never thought of that, Thats not a bad idea !

pensionater

Not condoning Barclays outburst or drinking,but with his army record i think he commands a bit of respect and this is an example of why the majority of voters(including those stupid Labour voters,according to Dot),treat some of the posts on here as nothing but childish bullying.

mk1

Quote from: pensionater on November 10, 2014, 01: PM
but with his army record i think he commands a bit of respect

Well all you need to do is  list his achievements in the Army and we can see  how much respect he deserves.
Obviously you  must know his record or you never would have opined on the subject.

Perhaps you  just think anyone who serves in the army automatically deserves respect?

pensionater

So give me an example of someone in the armed forces who doesn't command respect.

mk1

Quote from: pensionater on November 10, 2014, 01: PM
So give me an example of someone in the armed forces who doesn't command respect.

For starters:

Corporal Lee Clegg

Corporal Donald Payne

Private Ian Thain

Sergeant Alexander Blackman

Do you want more because the list is a long one?

Now your peruile question is out of the way why does Barclay command respect?

christine blakey

Looking at what the commemoration represented.  Yes, the poppies look beautiful and my granddad's fought in the war.  One losing a leg in the process, other relatives did not come back.

The ceramic poppies are absolutely beautiful and the whole wave art looks gorgeous.

The only thing I do not like is possible money being spent on it, to help current dignitaries get promotion when really they should be hanging their head in shame. 

Women and men, whether they stayed at home looking after the country, homes and the children, or those fighting for it would be disgusted to see the issues coming up time and time again on these threads.

So anyone who did go to the cenotaph, can you honestly say you act with integrity, honestly etc etc in line with the Nolan Principles whilst you laid a poppy wreath.  Did you pay for it, or did the tax-payer/people of Hartlepool?

RIP all who died, Shame on you Allan Barclay for swearing at someone like that on this day but shame on others who do the same and then pretend they are victims (though I commend you and urge you to continue with your complaints).