SCAB sacking upheld

Started by Lord Elpus, November 07, 2014, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Elpus

Front page of the 'Mail';  'Mayor's sacking upheld, civic leader now taking ex-employer to a tribunal'.

The Tribunal date is April 13th at Quayside House, Newcastle, where the full facts of his sacking can be heard in public.

Should we get a bus up?

Lord Elpus

Even SCAB is not stupid enough to allow this to be heard in public.  Or is he?

What the betting he plays the discrimination card, if Newcastle Council have any sense they will refuse to settle out of court with the usual confidentiality clause and go for full public disclosure of this 'Civic Leaders' gross misconduct.

Land Phil

Counting the days until he is gone from Hartlepool.

What number should I start my count from ?

ashamedtobebritish

Apparently hes allready outside with his banner looking for another job as he's "bricking it" because he will be sanctioned on Jobseakers Allowance.

Take a look !

steveL

This guy is just plain stupid. He has the stubbornness of a two year old throwing a tantrum and who doesn't give a toss about the collateral damage he is doing to his party.

• If, as I suspect, it was his plan all along to hope that the City Council would 'settle out of court' like CAB did with HBC then he's made a big mistake. By making allegations that Newcastle City Council had failed to protect vulnerable adults he has made it impossible for any such settlement to take place. Any such 'settlement' would immediately look like hush money so NCC is now compelled to go the distance to clear its name. This is especially so because SAB has made those allegations very publicly by repeating them on local radio and on regional TV.
  • Also, look at the timing - April 13th. Employment Tribunals are open to the public so, one way or the other, the full details are destined to come out. Tribunals take a couple of days max so the full details will emerge 3 weeks before the local and general elections. That isn't going to go down well with Wrighty or Labour North.
As I said, the guy is stupid. 
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

ashamedtobebritish

Labours Train is about to be De-railed i think.

He has pulled a corker and it has backfired big time.

Political suicide for the Local Labour Party, all going to unravel right near election time.

Labour is as good as finished in Hartlepool, if UKIP dont seize their oppotunity soon, it will be pointless mounting a campaign.

Lord Elpus

Regarding him looking for another job, its not going to well from what I hear.   I'm sure his mates and Niramax could give him a start.

crisstw

I'm not surprised that he can't find employment, he's been non-stop in the news for all the wrong reasons lately. As soon as his CV appears in a pile or inbox it will be sent straight to trash. It's also a reason why he's not going to step down without a fight, he's got no other source of income, unless Path2Wellness starts to bring in some coin.....

not4me

looks like The Snail has pulled the comments on this.

norfolkngoode

Quote from: Lord Elpus on November 07, 2014, 10: AM
Regarding him looking for another job, its not going to well from what I hear.   I'm sure his mates and Niramax could give him a start.

Always plenty of work at the Niramax land fill site, standing and sorting the Sh1t as it comes down the conveyor belt........
Probably even pays minimum wage regularly, unlike MRA ;)
'They don't like it up em'

fred c

"The Very Fat Boy" appears to be suffering from a Messiah Complex, he obviously believes that he is totally & absolutely right with regards to his position as Ceremonial Mayor & Chair of the Council.

As mentioned by stevel.... Newcastle City Council have to follow through with its dismissal decision, it cannot be seen to be "Doing a Deal" with Handsome Ste, the allegations put forward by him are extremley serious & NCC will take the matter right to the wire.

"The Very Very Fat Boy" is in danger of causing his party untold damage by his actions, the flaccid "Member & The TorLab Mob" are in serious soap & bubble....... but i think that they are to shittified of SCABS to do anything about it.

fred c

Quote from: Lord Elpus on November 07, 2014, 10: AM

WHY ?

Have they opened a Bakery ?............. The Very Fat Boy could offer his services as a Pie Taster ;) ;)

crisstw

Quote from: not4me on November 07, 2014, 11: AM
looks like The Snail has pulled the comments on this.

I can't view comments on PC website, I can view the comments on mobile webpage though, so don't think they've removed them ..... yet.....

Lucy Lass-Tick

Try clicking on the comments icon beside the article

for fawkes sake

I can't see them either. It's not the first time that the paper has not allowed comments on controversial topics so we shouldn't be surprised. It does make me wonder though if the paper has returned to type after a brief interlude of independence.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."