Seaton Carew Wind Turbines - Ugly, costly, unenergetic and will bloat landscape

Started by Phil UKIP, November 03, 2014, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Mican

Yep, I did it with as few words as possible without adding links and then copying and pasting the story.

Paul Thompson

Quote from: beanzontoast on November 03, 2014, 02: PM
Over to you DRiddle, all very interesting stuff from yourself, there have been several councillors who have blown about much hot air in the chamber, in the case of the mayor to stand down hes still there so what effect have you had, the UKIP Councillors may be aware of two important points, 1. until the voting power of the 19 plus 3 conservatives is reduced, not much forward motion for the amount of hot air produced, better to wait for ballot box in May, much better and 2. I happen to know membership of UKIP in the Hartlepool branch is on the up and many are not asking for info about UKIP. They just want membership forms and when asked they say its because of the Mayor,  so much better the Mayor stays where he is and keeps on doing what he does best, it would seem the UKIP councillor's are ahead of the game and sometimes silence is golden.

What ? Eh ? Am I missing something?

Let me give you an example.  I sent an email to the Chief Exec last night calling for an Extra Ordinary Meeting to debate the Hospital Issue, to which I copied in quite a few members - including the two UKIPers - asking for them to support the request.

I received a reply from one of the UKIPers that said "I have been patched in to a communication to a Hartlepool Hospital discussion, lots want to be in on this but I am not aware of what it's about, personality I do understand, the independants, and PHF can join forces, I don't have a problem with this just don't patch me in."

Now tell me that they are "ahead of the game"

fred c

Quote from: Paul Thompson on November 03, 2014, 11: PM
Quote from: beanzontoast on November 03, 2014, 02: PM
Over to you DRiddle, all very interesting stuff from yourself, there have been several councillors who have blown about much hot air in the chamber, in the case of the mayor to stand down hes still there so what effect have you had, the UKIP Councillors may be aware of two important points, 1. until the voting power of the 19 plus 3 conservatives is reduced, not much forward motion for the amount of hot air produced, better to wait for ballot box in May, much better and 2. I happen to know membership of UKIP in the Hartlepool branch is on the up and many are not asking for info about UKIP. They just want membership forms and when asked they say its because of the Mayor,  so much better the Mayor stays where he is and keeps on doing what he does best, it would seem the UKIP councillor's are ahead of the game and sometimes silence is golden.

What ? Eh ? Am I missing something?

Let me give you an example.  I sent an email to the Chief Exec last night calling for an Extra Ordinary Meeting to debate the Hospital Issue, to which I copied in quite a few members - including the two UKIPers - asking for them to support the request.

I received a reply from one of the UKIPers that said "I have been patched in to a communication to a Hartlepool Hospital discussion, lots want to be in on this but I am not aware of what it's about, personality I do understand, the independants, and PHF can join forces, I don't have a problem with this just don't patch me in."

Now tell me that they are "ahead of the game"an anyone tell me what that

"Personality I Do Understand"..........."Don`t Patch Me In"

Can anyone explain to me what that means ???

I try to follow a golden rule when posting online comments.......

"Don`t Post when your Pi**ed"

Party Pooper

Confirms what a lot of us already knew, the Kippers have their elbows on the pulse of the matter. It's only recently they have accepted that the world is not flat.
They are a one issue party, if it doesn't involve venting their racists rants then they are not really interested.
Can you tell us Paul Thompson what have the Kipper Councillors taken part in and debated in the council?

Lord Elpus

In reply to PP to my knowledge the two Kippers have yet to speak at any full Council meetings since May.  Their voting pattern is erratic (one often votes against the other) with a high number of abstentions.

They seem to be taking a long of time to understand the process they are meant to be part of.  Personally I don't think they have a clue what's happening most of the time.

That said I'll still 'hold my nose' and vote UKIP in the General Election. 

Better that than 'bending over, grabbing my ankles' and voting for Shighty, he's shafted my once too often (metaphorically speaking of course).

Party Pooper

Thanks LP
Does any of the any Kippers have a different account of their Councillors?
Lord Help Us all if ever UKIP for power .

Mican

Judging by the things I have read on here I can only assume that PHF will not want anything to do with any sort of amalgamation/coalition with UKIP in any council matters.  The future will be interesting.

steveL

UKIP weren't interested in coming to any sort of sensible arrangement with PHF. They appear to be under the impression that they will win all 33 seats in May - which would make for a very quiet council chamber.

It's only early days. Perhaps at some stage one of them will speak. At least council meetings are now being video'd so if either of them does eventually speak then at least it will likely be captured on camera - a bit like waiting for Giant Pandas to mate, really.

Perhaps they've been put off by the reaction to the idea that we can improve the quality of the seawater at Seaton by doing away with the EU Testing procedures.

I'm waiting for the suggestion that we can improve GCSE pass rates by doing away with the examiners who mark the papers.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Mican

Quote from: steveL on November 04, 2014, 11: AM
UKIP weren't interested in coming to any sort of sensible arrangement with PHF. They appear to be under the impression that they will win all 33 seats in May - which would make for a very quiet council chamber.

Please read my post again, it wasn't about whether UKIP would be interested but whether PHF would be interested considering their comments on UKIP.

DRiddle

I appreciate I may have been responsible for the spark in the tinderbox that got this thread going with my concerns about the UKIP councillors.

However, I think it was a valid point.

If Philip Broughton intends to be anything more than a fortunate figurehead of a protest vote, then he does (in the opinion of many) need to marshal his troops within our council chamber.

Our town has sat in the doldrums for too long because of toothless, mute councillors who have allowed Labour to do largely whatever they wanted.

If this Labour council isn't given a serious shock in 2015, they basically NEVER will be.

UKIP need to nail their colours firmly to the 'anyone but Akers-Belcher' mast and do it quickly. Otherwise the worry is come 2015 we'll just see a collection of half a dozen plus UKIP councillors, sitting there picking up a few hundred quid a month for doing basically nothing of substance.

The time is right for genuine opposition within the chamber. The last thing we need is a bunch of silent passengers as the Labour train comes off the tracks.