No 'joined up' thinking

Started by grim reaper, September 25, 2014, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grim reaper

I truly despair at the inept, unthinking way this town is being run by the political clowns.
They expect 'someone' to pick up the tab and build their 'pie in the sky Vision' and yet have not done a thing to keep a viable hospital in the town. On the contrary, they have welcomed the fairy-tale of Wynyard.

Who, in their right mind, would be attracted to come to Hartlepool, with a family or to start a family, when we don't have an A & E hospital.
When we don't have gynecology services and many of the other services stolen by the useless 'Trust'.

The 'Leader' talks about building thousands of more houses (which we don't need).  Again, would YOU relocate to a town that doesn't have a hospital (as it will be within the next 5 years)?
We don't even have a bus service after 18:00hrs. What sort of 'Vision' is that for potential in-coming families?

Hartlepool always was in a bit of a 'backwater', thanks to its location.
However, to me that was always a part of its charm.
No hustle and bustle, with all of the countryside and cities surrounding us, if required.

Of course, it isn't just the 'Mayor' & 'Leader' to blame. It is also the sheep that follow their every edict and thereby fail to support the people that elected them.

It is also the people of this town that faithfully follow the mantra; 'We've always voted Labour and always will'.
I have voted Labour in the past (1997) and later realised the mistake.
People in this town needs to wake up and realise THEIR mistake by continually voting for the same people that bring us the same problems; unemployment, degradation of vital services and money wasted on egotistical bullsh*t.

I only hope May 2015 brings about a cataclysmic change to the political landscape and our town can finally, slowly move from the moribund creation of the political pygmies (that includes the smallest political pygmy, Iain Wright).

After all these years of Labour/Tory debauchery, we really do need a clear-out.

PostItNote

Totally agree, excellent post.